Or Kim Peow Contractors awarded S$43.8 million after arbitration proceedings

Or Kim Peow Contractors awarded S$43.8 million after arbitration proceedings over 2017 PIE viaduct collapse 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ts-3329126

Did I read wrongly? They were awarded?
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(07-03-2023, 09:10 AM)winbig Wrote:  Did I read wrongly? They were awarded?

No...

To be fair they scape goat this company to show their harshness over the mistake.

Actually many cut corners when it comes to processes but we're never caught. If you follow all required process, you won't win any contracts because your cost is too high.

What should be done us close monitoring of construction to ensure all regulation is followed. Without such close monitoring companies always cut corners because 95% chance nothing happens and they can get away with it.

OKP was just unlucky it was doing same as everyone else in the business's.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(07-03-2023, 09:10 AM)winbig Wrote:  Did I read wrongly? They were awarded?

"guan xi" is very important.

in China TV drama, is called "protection umbralle".
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

OKP market cap was $52M before this award of $43M

After this award it will have 43+50=$93M in assets. This is a Conservative estimate as I Australian property  have not be revalued.....

After today's rise the market value the company at $62M....it js still at 30% discount to its assets half of which is cash....

With the news that added 16 cents per share to the stock...it only rose 3.7cts. 

That means there us 12.3cents in value unaccounted.

The stock should rise to 34cts ...

I see opportunity.

Instead of whinning and complaining everyone should be buying the stock at 22cts for a 50% upside gain.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

AFAIK all the 5 brothers in the company is serving the ppl in different glassroot.

very noble.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post