PAP can't claim it's solving housing affordability while importing pple at same time

Watching the debate about high price of homes in Singapore ...I am rather disappointed. The PAP pretends there is no problem by saying flats are "affordable" and the opposition wants to do some strange manipulation of public housing which involves not counting the cost of land when selling BTO. ..this type of thing Is like big  giveaway ..very soon those who miss out will become unhappy and demand they be given the same deal. I won't elaborate but it is as defective an idea as free transport and free medical.  .People will all apply for the biggest flats in the prime area and become angry when they can't get it.

To understand the root cause of our housing issues let's look at the Japan example where 8M homes are offered for free. What happened? The answer is depopulation of rural areas with population density decline causing prices of homes to go down.

So the fundamental idea here is this :

Population density increase = affordability of housing decrease.

Everywhere in the world where there is unaffordable housing Hong Kong, Seoul, Taipei, London  is all caused by rise in population density. 

Our housing problems is cause by this:

[Image: 1Ar6NnU.jpg]

[Image: f5Tj9UB.jpg]

The PAP govt has been j importing people at the highest rate in the world. This causes a rise in demand for housing which drives up housing prices. As a result Singaporeans have to suffer the consequences especially the lower middle class and poorer segments of the population.

The PAP govt does not take ownership of various problems it caused with its policies.

Recently PAP stated its goal to scour the global and bring jn more people into

[Image: oV0I4b0.jpg]

First they make it harder for you to find a rice bowl by increasing the competition for jobs then they make it harder for you to buy a nice home as they become less affordable.

It is a very sad situation, and the PAP always tells us that they "don't owe you a living...". We are on our own to cope with our problems. They won't take any responsibility.

But it is failure all over the place for this govt. I think Singaporeans should learn their lesson and learn it well...if you trust the PAP to do yhings to improve your life, you will be disappointed. You need to think for yourself and  find your own way.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 3 users Like sgbuffett's post

One thing I agreed getting a job nowadays is very challenging with equal chances together with FT.

I only know PAP gov like to use lazy method to solve problems....using money money money.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 3 users Like ODA TETSURO's post

(08-02-2023, 08:24 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Watching the debate about high price of homes in Singapore ...I am rather disappointed. The PAP pretends there is no problem by saying flats are "affordable" and the opposition wants to do some strange manipulation of public housing which involves not counting the cost of land when selling BTO. ..this type of thing Is like big  giveaway ..very soon those who miss out will become unhappy and demand they be given the same deal. I won't elaborate but it is as defective an idea as free transport and free medical.  .People will all apply for the biggest flats in the prime area and become angry when they can't get it.

To understand the root cause of our housing issues let's look at the Japan example where 8M homes are offered for free. What happened? The answer is depopulation of rural areas with population density decline causing prices of homes to go down.

Everywhere in the world where there is unaffordable housing Hong Kong, Seoul, Taipei, London  is all caused by rise in population density. 

The PAP govt has been j importing people at the highest rate in the world. This causes a rise in demand for housing which drives up housing prices. As a result Singaporeans have to suffer the consequences especially the lower middle class and poorer segments of the population.

The PAP govt does not take ownership of various problems it caused with its policies.

First they make it harder for you to find a rice bowl by increasing the competition for jobs then they make it harder for you to buy a nice home as they become less affordable.

It is a very sad situation, and the PAP always tells us that they "don't owe you a living...". We are on our own to cope with our problems. They won't take any responsibility.

But it is failure all over the place for this govt. I think Singaporeans should learn their lesson and learn it well...if you trust the PAP to do yhings to improve your life, you will be disappointed. You need to think for yourself and  find your own way.

Yup lor

(09-02-2023, 08:18 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  I only know PAP gov like to use lazy method to solve problems....using money money money.

yes the laziest method
everything use money to solve
as they pap are hearlless,no feelings for the less well off n the poor.
[+] 2 users Like talky's post

(09-02-2023, 08:31 AM)FartSunKing Wrote:  you stupid fcuk!

Higher property prices benefits EVERYBODY in Singapore

Not just the property owners

Think about it!

Higher property prices only benefits the current property owners. Future property owners will suffer. It's not sustainable.
[+] 2 users Like winbig's post

(08-02-2023, 08:24 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Watching the debate about high price of homes in Singapore ...I am rather disappointed. The PAP pretends there is no problem by saying flats are "affordable" and the opposition wants to do some strange manipulation of public housing which involves not counting the cost of land when selling BTO. ..this type of thing Is like big  giveaway ..very soon those who miss out will become unhappy and demand they be given the same deal. I won't elaborate but it is as defective an idea as free transport and free medical.  .People will all apply for the biggest flats in the prime area and become angry when they can't get it.

CPF is used for housing. If housing price comes down it'll affect CPF also. So die die they must make the housing price go up. Unless there's a way to decouple CPF from HDB...... The bubble will keep growing bigger.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(08-02-2023, 08:24 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  First they make it harder for you to find a rice bowl by increasing the competition for jobs then they make it harder for you to buy a nice home as they become less affordable.

you are just talking about housing problem.
next time, there will be another problem like unemployment.

all these problems are due to one party system.
no one can stop PAP if they are wrong until the system collapses.
even if PAP is wrong or something gone wrong, PAP is not accountable due to lack of evidence.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(09-02-2023, 09:17 AM)winbig Wrote:  CPF is used for housing. If housing price comes down it'll affect CPF also. So die die they must make the housing price go up. Unless there's a way to decouple CPF from HDB...... The bubble will keep growing bigger.

this policy of asset enhancement for HDB is wrong from day one.
PAP can carry on because there is no strong opposition party to stop or correct PAP.

even outcome is wrong or system collapses, PAP is not accountable due to lack of evidence.

do you think a new $500K flat can drop to $250K or rise to $750K in the future ?

if it cannot drop to $250K, it means it can never be affordable because it can only go up.

(09-02-2023, 08:18 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  I only know PAP gov like to use lazy method to solve problems....using money money money.
They don’t mind to be lazy as long as they hv the control of the money.

I think Mun Leong idea is not bad.

Taking out land sale from HDB pricing only if the person stay for longer run. Say 30yrs> to prevent speculation.

If those buy the cheap HDB and sold after 5yrs, they should be charge according to market prices and pay back the rest.

This will force buyers to think longer term instead of buy sell and speculate in HDB market. There is also a need to control the housing agents on the market on HDB sales.

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

import more ceca to pwn sinkies.

ceca come with whole village ppl.

(09-02-2023, 11:18 AM)Niubee Wrote:  I think Mun Leong idea is not bad.

Taking out land sale from HDB pricing only if the person stay for longer run. Say 30yrs> to prevent speculation.

If those buy the cheap HDB and sold after 5yrs, they should be charge according to market prices and pay back the rest.

This will force buyers to think longer term instead of buy sell and speculate in HDB market. There is also a need to control the housing agents on the market on HDB sales.

if even 10 opposition MPs come up with idea better than Mun Leong, PAP will reject all due to one party system.

the issue is the one party system.

(09-02-2023, 11:23 AM)forum456 Wrote:  if even 10 opposition MPs come up with idea better than Mun Leong, PAP will reject all due to one party system.

These land sales can be credits for rewarding owners who stay longer and impose money for shorter stay.

Anyway, there is no money fork out by govt. Just a financial entry.. Laughing

Smile

(09-02-2023, 08:49 AM)FartSunKing Wrote:  If you are a Singaporean who own multiple properties in Singapore

Purchased in the past because you loved your country and have faith in PAP

You will be HAPPY now because your properties have made you very WEALTHY

Thanks to PAP's immigration, governance and public housing schemes

You will not whine over high property prices like sour grape jobless scum sgbuffett

You will be laughing you way to the bank if you choose to sell your properties now when prices are high

Like what I did in 2008 when I sold my Farrer Court apartment purchased for $440K in early 1999 for $2.348M

Thank you PAP

Thank you CPF

Thank you HDB

The PAP claims it wants to make property affordable
It has policy to restrict the ownership of multiple properties like ABSD.
Unaffordable property causes younger generation  to suffer high debts....

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(09-02-2023, 09:14 AM)winbig Wrote:  Higher property prices only benefits the current property owners. Future property owners will suffer. It's not sustainable.
Well said. Only the future generations wil suffers. I really pity my younger generations.

a very comprehensive articles. agreed. thumb.up for you

housing policy has come to a stage that PAP will lose more votes.

if hdb price drops, PAP will lose votes from existing owners.

if hdb price increases, PAP will lose votes from new buyers.

PAP problem is not my problem.

(09-02-2023, 11:23 AM)forum456 Wrote:  if even 10 opposition MPs come up with idea better than Mun Leong, PAP will reject all due to one party system.

What to do we got 
[Image: IMG-20230209-171925-375.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20230209-171852-442.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20230209-171846-292.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20230209-171841-852.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20230209-171836-071.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20230209-171822-863.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20230209-162739-367.jpg]

(09-02-2023, 11:18 AM)Niubee Wrote:  I think Mun Leong idea is not bad.

The thing is PAP want speculation in the market. Also the people wish too.

But you cant have the cake and eat both way. Since PAP likes to partition segments of the property into hdb, condo, apt, landed. Another segment of Affordable HDB looks fine to me. Just different rules for this segment of housing. Making 20-30% of the total HDB cohort is fine.

Smile

[Image: FB-IMG-1675934479802.jpg]