PM Lee referred to HDB ‘owners’ as ‘lessees’!

[Image: xMLwdDR.png]

More at https://shrtco.de/2Vy5s
[+] 1 user Likes Sickwarfare's post

literally land in SG all belong to PAP AKA GOVT.
even you stay in landed house " if " they want to expand roads , mrt or even want that land so call for " a purpose "
they can ask you move.. I don't believe what " forever lease here in SG whereby some is private property is stated " forever lease means forever for life not 99 years "
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

It is just a game. It can be flipped against you at anytime.
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

if lessees why are we paying property tax ?
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

Worst PM in Sg history.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 5 users Like RiseofAsia's post

(28-12-2022, 07:58 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Worst PM in Sg history.

61% sinkies voted him.
[+] 1 user Likes 8ighty8's post

(28-12-2022, 08:01 AM)8ighty8 Wrote:  61% sinkies voted him.

This is why they are called dafts.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

they are happy as long as give them estate upgrading and covered walkway and bus stop.

(28-12-2022, 08:05 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  they are happy as long as give them estate upgrading and covered walkway and bus stop.

But who foot the bill after the upgrading. Rotfl

thus the actual ownership is about 15%? this is one of the lowest in the world izzit it?

Yes HDB are leases ...if you don't think it's worth much please sell cheap to others.

Technically 999yrs leases are also leases..

Why all this whining over this?
All along they clearly state HDB is 99year leaseholds same as.the many condos  sold at  $2M launched these days.

If you don't like leasehold you can buy a freehold nobody stops you.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(28-12-2022, 08:04 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  This is why they are called dafts.

We are always being taken for a ride here............ Rotfl Gesti-109

This is not surprising. Our CPF is not out monies would also translate us as merely investment consultants in Temasek.

Our HDB flats are plugged into a pap govt. They believe and it is their idea of cheap housing for the people. They were not sure how the future will be played out during that time. SLA grants land to HDB ie the lessee who in turn sub-let to us. No doubt all sounding awful or not in accordance with conveyance laws, as long as we believe in pap, all hdb flats will be pseudo 99 years leasehold property. Once 99 years up SLA takes back from HDB at $0. So flat 'owners' will get similar $0. It is this first line that have to make changes in order to remove the lessee/lessor norm.

(27-12-2022, 11:19 PM)Sickwarfare Wrote:  [Image: xMLwdDR.png]

The word lessee is also used in the contract signed with HDB. Those who complain never bought HDB before?

(27-12-2022, 11:29 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  literally land in SG all belong to PAP AKA GOVT.
even you stay in landed house " if " they want to expand roads , mrt or even want that land so call for " a purpose "
they can ask you move.. I don't believe what " forever lease here in SG whereby some is private property is stated " forever lease means forever for life not 99 years "

Bingo. Ownership is a myth.

Smile

(28-12-2022, 10:15 AM)A2Z Wrote:  Our HDB flats are plugged into a pap govt. They believe and it is their idea of cheap housing for the people. They were not sure how the future will be played out during that time. SLA grants land to HDB ie the lessee who in turn sub-let to us. No doubt all sounding awful or not in accordance with conveyance laws, as long as we believe in pap, all hdb flats will be pseudo 99 years leasehold property. Once 99 years up SLA takes back from HDB at $0. So flat 'owners' will get similar $0. It is this first line that have to make changes in order to remove the lessee/lessor norm.

How many in Singapore can live beyond the 99 year lease?  Laughing

(28-12-2022, 10:15 AM)A2Z Wrote:  Our HDB flats are plugged into a pap govt. They believe and it is their idea of cheap housing for the people. They were not sure how the future will be played out during that time. SLA grants land to HDB ie the lessee who in turn sub-let to us. No doubt all sounding awful or not in accordance with conveyance laws, as long as we believe in pap, all hdb flats will be pseudo 99 years leasehold property. Once 99 years up SLA takes back from HDB at $0. So flat 'owners' will get similar $0. It is this first line that have to make changes in order to remove the lessee/lessor norm.

It drops to zero after you and children lived in it for multi decades rent free!

If you want cheap housing detached from market forces you should not be allowed to exploit it by reselling to the market.

People attack the HDB without coming up with a workable scheme.

It is highly hypocritical they want the HDB to sell them cheap flats without including cost of land but when they themselves sell it on the resale market they want as high a price as possible to maximise their profits.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(28-12-2022, 08:22 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Yes HDB are leases ...if you don't think it's worth much please sell cheap to others.

Technically 999yrs leases are also leases..

Why all this whining over this?
All along they clearly state HDB is 99year leaseholds same as.the many condos  sold at  $2M launched these days.

If you don't like leasehold you can buy a freehold nobody stops you.

freehold is ALSO NOT SAY ALWAYS BELONG TO U EITHER

I already say in SG , The land be it is so call " private owned " or whatever end of the day Govt want to use that land you also need to move , as usual they will pay so call " base on current market value "
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(28-12-2022, 11:38 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It drops to zero after you and children lived in it for multi decades rent free!

If you want cheap housing detached from market forces you should not be allowed to exploit it by reselling to the market.

People attack the HDB without coming up with a workable scheme.

It is highly hypocritical they want the HDB to sell them cheap flats without including cost of land but when they themselves sell it on the resale market they want as high a price as possible to maximise their profits.

Uncle narrated to me that back in the old HDB days, flats were 'value at 110%posted price'. So flat owners can 1) sell it back to Hdb at 110% posted price or 2) sell it in the resale market. Fast forward HDB was being corporatised and now acts like a private developer with certain restrictions. Looking at the whole property market it is HDB pricing model that is propping up the PRIVATE condo market. Otherwise no private property developers will dare to bid land high high at every SLA tender exercise. Do not blame wholeheartedly on flat 'owners' as it is the govt that created this system that has gone out of their control. If want to collapse new condos and resale private condos, bring back olden days of '110% posted price' policy. It would be better not to allow us to use our cpf money which is for retirement and for for asset enhancement.
[+] 1 user Likes A2Z's post

PAP lassie I know
https://media.tenor.com/4cscHwN2GTcAAAAM...ie-dog.gif
[+] 1 user Likes limpeh394's post

Then why are we paying property tax if it is an extended rental?

(27-12-2022, 11:29 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  literally land in SG all belong to PAP AKA GOVT.

harsh but true

(28-12-2022, 11:33 AM)winbig Wrote:  How many in Singapore can live beyond the 99 year lease?  Laughing

We can pass on to our children and children's children............... Laughing

You know that Woman Singapore Billionaire Chew Gek Khim ?

Last time TV got show a program interview her,

currently the condo she own use to have a large plot of land she claim half been use by Govt. aka means Govt want that land build road etc.

So what it tell you? I already say Land in SG all belong to Govt , no matter you owned it or what , IF Govt want to use that land you have to give up so call Govt will buy from you base on " current market price "

but not so bad la
extended lessee also
can sell and profit a
million if lucky!

(28-12-2022, 11:20 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  You know that Woman Singapore Billionaire Chew Gek Khim ?

Last time TV got show a program interview her, 

currently the condo she own use to have a large plot of land she claim half been use by Govt. aka means Govt want that land build road etc.

So what it tell you? I already say Land in SG all belong to Govt , no matter you owned it or what , IF Govt want to use that land you have to give up so call Govt will buy from you base on " current market price "

It is grossly unfair to take away people's land. Even to build roads, they need to compensate at current value or higher....... Clapping

(28-12-2022, 11:15 PM)debono Wrote:  We can pass on to our children and children's children............... Laughing

99 years only. How can pass down to so many generations?  Laughing

(28-12-2022, 11:28 PM)debono Wrote:  It is grossly unfair to take away people's land. Even to build roads, they need to compensate at current value or higher....... Clapping

Take away land to make roads, infrastructure ok but not after decades forgotten,sell to private developers to build condos, commercial building. Whatever money proceeds must be returned to rightful citizens.

(27-12-2022, 11:19 PM)Sickwarfare Wrote:  [Image: xMLwdDR.png]

What's wrong with calling people who lie in HDB flats "lessee"?

You do own a lease for 99 years.

You are both an owner and a lessee, depending on how you want to see it.