Powell says he can’t guarantee a ‘soft landing’ as the Fed looks to control inflation

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/12/powell-s...ation.html
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

Please don't engineer a soft landing. The more you engineer, the worse the drag. Just tank the stock market to ease all the unrealistic valuation. Force real M&A to take place for clean consolidation.

Restart better than perpetual extension of unreasonable inflation.

Fed Printed too much money.
Russia invaded Ukraine causing oil price surge.
China zero covid disrupted supply chain causing shortage.

1 problem caused by Fed.
2 problems caused by Russia and China.

Even if Fed squeeze down easy money policy.

2 problems remain unsolved.

Tell me. Is this worse situation than financial crisis?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(13-05-2022, 11:12 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Fed Printed too much money.

1 problem caused by Fed.

Oil price hike is caused by Biden’s sanction against Russian oil & gas. He failed to realize sanction will also hurt the U.S. oil price, it’s two way street.

(13-05-2022, 11:12 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Fed Printed too much money.

1 problem caused by Fed.

USA must quickly put more sanctions on China and Russia! Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Notdumb's post

(13-05-2022, 10:57 AM)Sticw Wrote:  Please don't engineer a soft landing. The more you engineer, the worse the drag. Just tank the stock market to ease all the unrealistic valuation. Force real M&A to take place for clean consolidation.

Restart better than perpetual extension of unreasonable inflation.

They might need to just let the stock market tank.

Back in 2008, they have China's cheap goods to bail them out so printing money does not cause much inflation. This time round, China is not there to bail them out.

(13-05-2022, 11:16 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Oil price hike is caused by Biden’s sanction against Russian oil & gas. He failed to realize sanction will also hurt the U.S. oil price, it’s two way street.

Trump started trade war against China but failed badly as the tariffs imposed are paid by the U.S. importers, now Biden wants to remove to fight high inflation. What a failure!

Now the U.S. imposed sanctions on Russian oil & gas, which quickly bites into the U.S. economy cause price hike not only globally but also in the US soil, another failure.

(13-05-2022, 11:18 AM)Notdumb Wrote:  USA must quickly put more sanctions on China and Russia! Laughing

Sanctions on China is like commit suicide, look at the tons of cargo containers stuck at Chinese ports, and thousands of cargo ship wait outside Chinese ports.

(13-05-2022, 11:25 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Sanctions on China is like commit suicide, look at the tons of cargo containers stuck at Chinese ports, and thousands of cargo ship wait outside Chinese ports.

Look, how many ship waiting outside Shanghai port.

[Image: 95-A309-FE-F1-BB-4528-8-DF9-9-EAF140-DA0-AA.jpg]

[Image: 760-EBBC2-BC19-46-D7-83-F7-725586-AD807-A.jpg]

美联储一顿操作猛如虎,维持一天就崩卒!资本对美国也没信心了?