Pritam Singh files parliamentary questions on Ridout Road state properties

WP urges SLA to give more info in advance
https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/wp...on-2174096
[+] 2 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

EPIC.....

🤔 Epic .... " Parent agency Ministry of Law " and Ministry of law who in charge? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_Land_Authority
[+] 2 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

I'd rather psp do it. I notice that wp is always very half-hearted in their questioning and will always guai guai retreat back to their seats without dogged pursuit of the issues once ministers give their replies.
[+] 2 users Like Blasterlord2's post

(18-05-2023, 05:50 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I'd rather psp do it. I notice that wp is always very half-hearted in their questioning and will always guai guai retreat back to their seats without dogged pursuit of the issues once ministers give their replies.

WP way of so call opposition is " out dated " and yes PSP Leong is current Opposition way of asking. Look at those Opposition parties in other countries Debate etc same.

WP way is so call " don't get themselves into trouble , their pattern is after Low take over from JBJ "

Last time JBL style is aggressive question till been " get sue blab blah " than Low take over play a so call " Only ask , question when needed "
This also " backfire " as PAP claim they are FREE RIDER.

有好戏看了,一定很精彩。
千万别缺席!

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 2 users Like RiseofAsia's post

Going to be cover-up behind the scene

8Umbrella Umbrella

Hahaha I already said earlier this issue have potential to be very big if not played properly by ahem Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(18-05-2023, 06:15 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Hahaha I already said earlier this issue have potential to be very big if not played properly by ahem Big Grin

LHL is not like his dad LKY if " don't seem right for Minister etc will straight demote them " Get another one replace.

LHL is literally Don't dare to do like what LKY used to do this is why Civil service slacking , Minister now as feel they are big no PM control them like that.

Kenneth J finally does something useful Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(18-05-2023, 06:21 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Kenneth J finally does something useful Big Grin

This already really in " conflict of interest "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_Land_Authority
Parent agency > Ministry of Law

and Who in charge Ministry of Law??? Sham

More interesting info

Agency executives In SLA
Yeoh Oon Jin, Chairman
" SINGAPORE: Mr Yeoh Oon Jin, executive chairman of PwC Singapore, will succeed Mr Lim Sim Seng as board chairman of the Singapore Land Authority (SLA).

Together with Mr Yeoh, the Ministry of Law also appointed as SLA's deputy chairman, Mr Loh Lik Peng, founder and owner of hospitality group Unlisted Collection. "
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...eng-705931

This news appear on 20 Jul 2020 02:13PM
(Updated: 20 Jul 2020 02:20PM)

Colin Low, Chief Executive
" SINGAPORE - The Ministry of Law (MinLaw) on Wednesday (March 24) announced that it has appointed Mr Colin Low as the new chief executive of the Singapore Land Authority (SLA).

The appointment will be effective April 12, 2021. "

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/s...ive-apr-12
[+] 3 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

SLA must transparent on the " above market rental " paid for the public to judge.

(18-05-2023, 05:47 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  EPIC.....

🤔 Epic .... " Parent agency Ministry of Law " and Ministry of law who in charge? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_Land_Authority

Upz you 1 pt for astute contribution and clever digging.

(18-05-2023, 06:21 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Kenneth J finally does something useful Big Grin

Yarmai. Upz you 1 for wit and truism.
[+] 1 user Likes luncheonmeat's post

(18-05-2023, 06:51 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Upz you 1 pt for astute contribution and clever digging.

Is openly Govt so call " Never hide from you " In Every Govt sectors you go their website will show you the top management
but is all " connection as usual link with PAP " good an example NTUC

https://www.ntuc.org.sg/uportal/about-us...-committee

https://www.ntuc.org.sg/uportal/about-us...ral-office

ETC look who in charge

EPIC is this time SLA parent agency is Ministry of Law and happen Sham in charge.

What is there to question if they pay 'market rate'.

If both of them don't see anything wrong, legally, then it is for 61% to think abt it.

The sad thing is average sinkie can't afford the market rate to rent GCB from govt.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

going to fall into a TRAP or not????????????????????? a certain animal is very cunning

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

(18-05-2023, 07:19 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  What is there to question if they pay 'market rate'.

If both of them don't see anything wrong, legally, then it is for 61% to think abt it.

The sad thing is average sinkie can't afford the market rate to rent GCB from govt.

I know of a Filipino businessman in the aviation industry whose rent for a black and white colonial house used to be around $10 K. When his tenancy came up for renewal not long ago, the rent was raised 85%, which means he currently has to cough up $18,500 per month. Just his luck property values and rental prices have gone through the roof of late.

Our two cabinet ministers are lucky to have signed the tenancies of the heritage colonial bungalows with expansive spaces before the inflationary spiral of price increases. It's good that they'd leased the houses in an open and aboveboard way, which is better than leaving them vacant and going to waste.

The bungalows, with their unique colonial-style architecture and expansive land areas the equivalent of 3 to 5 1/2 football fields, are a nice place to live, but they don't come cheap. The estimated rents in six figures are beyond the reach of all but the stinking rich. That probably explains bids for the houses were either very few or none at all.

Such Stone Age houses built in colonial times with colossal land areas don't seem very appealing to the wealthiest. Methinks a house that caters to the luxurious tastes of fabulously wealthy is one that is newly constructed, architecturally wonderful, plush, luxuriously furnished and beautifully situated in one of the most exclusive and prestigious addresses like Nassim, never mind it costs a bomb to rent.

While the gorgeous Stone Age houses have stood the ravages of time, they have a lot of defects which require constant upkeep and maintenance, and occasional repair. Think of a spanking new house versus a crappy old house as analogous to a brand-new car vs a vintage car in terms of operational performance. No prizes for guessing which of them is in tip-top condition.

Just tell us monthly rental.
Everything else is waste.of time

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I think the ministers are clear and above board in these rentals. Most likely this Pritam will kena orr-bak-kart from Shame. .... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(19-05-2023, 08:45 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  I think the ministers are clear and above board in these rentals. Most likely this Pritam will kena orr-bak-kart from Shame. .... Big Grin

SGP unable to progress becos ppl like you : licking miw balls.

(18-05-2023, 05:50 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I'd rather psp do it. I notice that wp is always very half-hearted in their questioning and will always guai guai retreat back to their seats without dogged pursuit of the issues once ministers give their replies.

Your good friend lchlch is doing that but with his post count in edmw.

Post some comments, never mind if it is out of point or (usually) dumb, rinse and repeat, and chalk up his Post Count.

As for WP, come GE, they will tell voters how many millions of things they raised, and that voterts should vote for them again because they raised issues in Par-rape-ment which were close to the hearts of the peepur.  Rolleyes

(19-05-2023, 08:47 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  SGP unable to progress becos ppl like you : licking miw balls.

WTF is SGP?  SG Pritam?   Rolleyes

(19-05-2023, 08:45 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  I think the ministers are clear and above board in these rentals. Most likely this Pritam will kena orr-bak-kart from Shame. .... Big Grin

Not so simpur.

The election trick is to stoke jealousy.

First, it was ministers' salaries.  Make the peepur jealous.  It worked.

Now, ministers' residence.  So the legality is not the issue.   Votes are cast oftentimes based on feelings in the heart, and not a careful weighing of "Did the PAP do well?  Did they look after the peepur?"  You can be the best government in the world and still lose votes because of negative emotions...

(19-05-2023, 06:15 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Just tell us monthly rental.
Everything else is waste.of time

The whole motion is a waste of time.  Par-rape-ment is for enacting laws to move the country forward (although some entertainment like telling rape stories are welcomed by the 39%). 

Par-rape-ment is not for prying into peepurs' private lives, what they do with their money, where they live, and what not.

(19-05-2023, 03:13 AM)S I M T A N Wrote:  I know of a Filipino businessman in the aviation industry whose rent for a black and white colonial house used to be around $10 K. When his tenancy came up for renewal not long ago, the rent was raised 85%, which means he currently has to cough up $18,500 per month. Just his luck property values and rental prices have gone through the roof of late.

Our two cabinet ministers are lucky to have signed the tenancies of the heritage colonial bungalows with expansive spaces before the inflationary spiral of price increases. It's good that they'd leased the houses in an open and aboveboard way, which is better than leaving them vacant and going to waste.

The bungalows, with their unique colonial-style architecture and expansive land areas the equivalent of 3 to 5 1/2 football fields, are a nice place to live, but they don't come cheap. The estimated rents in six figures are beyond the reach of all but the stinking rich. That probably explains bids for the houses were either very few or none at all.

Such Stone Age houses built in colonial times with colossal land areas don't seem very appealing to the wealthiest. Methinks a house that caters to the luxurious tastes of fabulously wealthy is one that is newly constructed, architecturally wonderful, plush, luxuriously furnished and beautifully situated in one of the most exclusive and prestigious addresses like Nassim, never mind it costs a bomb to rent.

While the gorgeous Stone Age houses have stood the ravages of time, they have a lot of defects which require constant upkeep and maintenance, and occasional repair. Think of a spanking new house versus a crappy old house as analogous to a brand-new car vs a vintage car in terms of operational performance. No prizes for guessing which of them is in tip-top condition.

An old house is certainly more costly to upkeep and maintain.  Some peepur can afford to pay for those.

If you are the sole winner of the CNY $12 million TOTO lucky draw, would you continue to live in your old HDB 3 room NG flat in Jurong East which is easier to maintain in terms of you alone mopping the floor, or move into a big house where you would need to hire two maids from Myanmar to do the housekeeping and a gardener to keep the grass and lallang from looking like the hair around your kkj?  Rolleyes

So I don't know what you are lamenting about above...

(19-05-2023, 08:52 AM)Oyk Wrote:  WTF is SGP?  SG Pritam?   Rolleyes

SGP go downhill becos you don't know what is SGP.

(18-05-2023, 07:09 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Is openly Govt so call " Never hide from you " In Every Govt sectors you go their website will show you the top management
but is all " connection as usual link with PAP " good an example NTUC

https://www.ntuc.org.sg/uportal/about-us...-committee

https://www.ntuc.org.sg/uportal/about-us...ral-office

ETC look who in charge

EPIC is this time SLA parent agency is Ministry of Law and happen Sham in charge.
If such incident falls on the Oppositions, it wud definitely be a big big Board of Enquiry, probably wil be leaded by that edween tonk tonk qiang.

Maybe either one of them be our next president

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

(19-05-2023, 09:24 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  SGP go downhill becos you don't know what is SGP.

Singapore is the envy of a lot of countries. Why create negative thoughts of doom and gloom in your mind? Maybe we should start a Negative Peepur thread here like the one in edmw, and you can go there again to post.   Rolleyes

The ministers will tell parliament that it's legal at arm's length. The rental is reasonable given it's above reserve price as indicated by SLA. Of course some might ask if there's conflict of interest given that Min Law might have knowledge of the reserve price. But as long as it was carried out via a tender and transparent enough for others to compete for it, then you cannot find fault lor.

Just like the board members of SIA flies with SIA, it's at commercial rate or even if got perk of discount etc it's done with transparency lah. Else board members don't fly SIA?

The key question remains, why preserve the b&w and whether the reserve price had catered for market price of the land use. Else the state is actually subsidizing those living in b&w unfairly... Whilst the 80% of singaporeans pay cut throat prices just staying in HDB...