S’pore won SEA Games Table with PRC import + 16 years old SGren 郭勇
Cool 

CNA 16 May 2023 - Singapore's table tennis team struck gold in the women's and men's singles events on Tuesday (May 16), with Zeng Jian (曾尖) and Izaac Quek (郭勇) winning their finals at the SEA Games...

Big Grin

[Image: whatsapp_image_2023-05-16_at_4.07.11_pm.jpeg]

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sport/si...al-3491686

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

Smile
at least she make SG proud just like Feng T W last time. etc..

but got one talk want to contribute back to SG just talk for fun.

Another one at least still stay in SG is swimmer Tao lee

Lousy la fr china somemore still have to fight until so cham just to win a SEA player..these are abandoned by China team players.

Tiagong the good ones all retained by China. Those mediocre ones they push out to other countries Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(16-05-2023, 06:05 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Tiagong the good ones all retained by China.  Those mediocre ones they push out to other countries Big Grin

Depends on what you meant by "mediocre".

The sports world knows China produces some of the best "乒乓精英" and many had presented other countries as new citizens and won international competition, including the Olympic games.. Now our 乒乓 team has won a lot of Golds in this SEA game - Are you going to call them "mediocre" simply because they were born in China ?

Big Grin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_na...from_China

[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

(16-05-2023, 05:45 PM)Manthink Wrote:  CNA 16 May 2023 - Singapore's table tennis team struck gold in the women's and men's singles events on Tuesday (May 16), with Zeng Jian (曾尖) and Izaac Quek (郭勇) winning their finals at the SEA Games...

Big Grin

[Image: whatsapp_image_2023-05-16_at_4.07.11_pm.jpeg]

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sport/si...al-3491686

How come issac got breast?

(16-05-2023, 05:50 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Smile at least she make SG proud just like Feng T W last time. etc..

Not sure what you meant by  "fun" since it is a an established FACT that SG need immigrant sports professionals to help carry our Flag in international competitions.

This topic has been as controversial as our immigration policy for a long long time. Are you suggesting SG shouldn't be placing too much on "importing foreign talents" in sports and reject those who fail their "role" as SGreans ?

Are you going to booo Ex-M'sian-turn-new-SGrean badminton player LKY for failing to win gold at the SEA game ? Big Grin
https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/loh-k...world-no-2

(17-05-2023, 10:26 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  How come issac got breast?

OMG - Sharexchange  just shown us how illiterate he is... Big Grin

(17-05-2023, 10:24 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Depends on what you meant by "mediocre".

The sports world knows China produces some of the best "乒乓精英" and many had presented other countries as new citizens and won international competition, including the Olympic games.. Now our 乒乓 team has won a lot of Golds in this SEA game - Are you going to call them "mediocre" simply because they were born in China ?

Big Grin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_na...from_China

No, not that they were born in china of course, only at those folks did not make the cut to remain as the A team back in china and forced to go outside to make a living Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

This is the MOST SAI SUAY thread ever!!!! Really moronic type of mentality !
As always, showing inferiority complex!

CHAOS & Cityhantam are 2 sick CCP mother-fcuker bastards, who support Islamic radical Simplemen, aka Imran, who has been belittling Chinese, juz because their mothers like farking Hamas dogs

(17-05-2023, 10:40 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  No, not that they were born in china of course, only at those folks did not make the cut to remain as the A team back in china and forced to go outside to make a living Big Grin

Ahhh... now you say this is NOT about "Born in China" but instead claiming SG's imported sports persons as less than "A team". So tell us what you meant by "A team" when we have immigrant sports persons winning medals for SG for many years ?

Rolleyes

(16-05-2023, 05:54 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Lousy la fr china somemore still have to fight until so cham just to win a SEA player..these are abandoned by China team players.

While you are abandoned by your ex-China wife?

Now everyday kpkb about China?  Rotfl

(17-05-2023, 10:26 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  How come issac got breast?

Wow!

This is your "standard" of "debate"?  Thinking nudie
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

(17-05-2023, 10:56 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Ahhh... now you say this is NOT about "Born in China" but instead claiming SG's imported sports persons as less than "A team". So tell us what you meant by "A team" when we have immigrant sports persons winning medals for SG for many years ?

Rolleyes

I maintain what I wrote earlier.  All those tiongs who are not retained in China are NOT the A team Big Grin

These B listers or mediocre ones (compared to the A listers) are thus forced to seek their fortunes elsewhere.

No need for further clarification right? Big Grin

(17-05-2023, 11:43 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  I maintain what I wrote earlier.  All those tiongs who are not retained in China are NOT the A team Big Grin

These B listers or mediocre ones (compared to the A listers) are thus forced to seek their fortunes elsewhere.

That is true. Many B listed players play for foreign western countries still because they find they cannot make it in china....
[+] 1 user Likes Sharexchange's post

(17-05-2023, 11:53 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  That is true. Many B listed players play for foreign western countries still because they find they cannot make it in china....

Precisely my point.  These B listers  can still make good in these western countries and in Singapore because our own local standards are really subpar Big Grin

(17-05-2023, 11:43 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  I maintain what I wrote earlier.  All those tiongs who are not retained in China are NOT the A team Big Grin

Strange - you cannot even clarify how u arrive with that "A B" "mediocre" rankings of sports persons when SG are getting gold medals in the SEA game...
then how are u going to "maintain" the story you had been pedalling ? Is it fair I rank you as "mediocre" poster based the fact u so far fail to provide evidence to back up your comments ?

Big Grin

(16-05-2023, 06:05 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Tiagong the good ones all retained by China.  Those mediocre ones they push out to other countries Big Grin

(17-05-2023, 12:17 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Strange - you cannot even clarify how u arrive with that "A B" "mediocre" rankings of sports persons when SG are getting gold medals in the SEA game...
then how are u going to "maintain" the story you had been pedalling ? Is it fair I rank you as "mediocre" poster based the fact u so far fail to provide evidence to back up your comments ?

Big Grin

If you cannot understand simple English then nobody can help you.  There is no need for me to add anything else as everything I posted so far is already self explanatory.

How difficult is it to understand that 

1.  The A listers are feted and retained in China
2.  The B listers i.e. not so good enough ones (mediocre) are pushed out to fend for themselves in other countries
3.  These B listers can do well in other countries because these countries' own level of sports excellence are really sub par

Or do you want me translate the above into chinese for you? Big Grin

[Image: Screenshot-20230517-123548-Chrome.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20230517-123622-Chrome.jpg]

(17-05-2023, 12:25 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  If you cannot understand simple English then nobody can help you.  There is no need for me to add anything else as everything I posted so far is already self explanatory.How difficult is it to understand that 
1.  The A listers are feted and retained in China
2.  The B listers i.e. not so good enough ones (mediocre) are pushed out to fend for themselves in other countries
3.  These B listers can do well in other countries because these countries' own level of sports excellence are really sub par
Or do you want me translate the above into chinese for you? Big Grin

This isn't about comprehension but more to do with your inability to substantiate your little 1-2-3 story.

Rolleyes

It’s all about money and greed, period! If it’s a sport that you need to endanger your life, that is die for the adopted country, you think you fark care to go?
Only people with inferiority complex and low mentality will want to kpkb on that.

CHAOS & Cityhantam are 2 sick CCP mother-fcuker bastards, who support Islamic radical Simplemen, aka Imran, who has been belittling Chinese, juz because their mothers like farking Hamas dogs

(17-05-2023, 12:46 PM)Manthink Wrote:  This isn't about comprehension but more to do with your inability to substantiate your little 1-2-3 story.

Rolleyes

Needless to I say, I have to disagree and say it's about your comprehension or inability, or refusal to understand what I am saying.  I see no pride or glory throwing money to import foreigners just to get gold medals.  

Since you are the thread starter here, I will let you have your say.  No minds are changed of course, and to be civil, let's just agree to disagree Big Grin

It’s all about ego
If you want to compare things in perspective
Zeng Jian came to Singapore in 2014 and won the Sea Games singles gold for the first time this year
In 2014, Izaac played Table Tennis for the first time as an eight year old
And he won SEA Games singles gold for the first time
So what’s there to be proud or not proud?

LMW (PSP) to PAPigs: DO NOT TAKE EVERY OPPOSITION IDEA AS A SOURCE OF DIVISION!!!

(16-05-2023, 05:50 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Smile
at least she make SG proud just like Feng T W last time. etc..

They are mere hired guns or mercenaries.  Since we pay them, they should deliver Big Grin

(17-05-2023, 01:07 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  It’s all about ego
If you want to compare things in perspective
Zeng Jian  came to Singapore in 2014 and won the Sea Games singles gold for the first time this year
In 2014, Izaac played Table Tennis for the first time as an eight year old
And he won SEA Games singles gold for the first time
So what’s there to be proud or not proud?

So local born native talents are much better than imported B listers who need more time Big Grin

(17-05-2023, 01:00 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Needless to I say, I have to disagree and say it's about your comprehension or inability, or refusal to understand what I am saying.  I see no pride or glory throwing money to import foreigners just to get gold medals.  Since you are the thread starter here, I will let you have your say.  No minds are changed of course, and to be civil, let's just agree to disagree Big Grin

No need to agree or disgree lah  - You tell me which sports give result by simply "throwing $" at it ? 
The FACT is you already questioned our table tennis team, calling them as "mediocre" or "B list".
All these while refusing to acknowledge that SG Team has delivered Gold at the SEA game.

The FUN FACT is instead of substantiating your little 123 A-B rankings, your mocking response "translate the above into Chinese" is very telling about your agenda... Now, that is one thing that needs no translation.

Rolleyes

(17-05-2023, 01:09 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  They are mere hired guns or mercenaries.  Since we pay them, they should deliver Big Grin

Sad to see you started from using labels of "mediocre" to calling them "mercenaries." when the fact the table tennis team has delivered Gold.

The good news for you is in sports, no life is taken..

(17-05-2023, 01:16 PM)Manthink Wrote:  No need to agree or disgree lah  - You tell me which sports give result by simply "throwing $" at it ? 
The FACT is you already questioned our table tennis team, calling them as "mediocre" or "B list".
All these while refusing to acknowledge that SG Team has delivered Gold at the SEA game.

The FUN FACT is instead of substantiating your little 123 A-B rankings, your mocking response "translate the above into Chinese" is very telling about your agenda... Now, that is one thing that needs no translation.

Rolleyes

That's why I say you simply do not understand what I have written and are now just putting words in my mouth.  Go read again what I wrote.

I was being kind hearted, since you did not comprehend what I meant, I just wanted to help you understand in your native tongue.  That's all Big Grin

(17-05-2023, 01:11 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  So local born native talents are much better than imported B listers who need more time Big Grin

For same national reason, we already splashed $$$ to grow our Football Dream Team for decades.
Now FAS wants to speed up importing "foreign-born talent" - So what's your ranking for our SG football at the SEA Game ? another "B list" ?

Tongue
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sport/se...ew-3493936