S'pore nursing home stay cost 2.5-4.5k and $7+K if elderly is sick

You do the maths.
Because of 2 child policies by govt, most elderly needing nursing homes stay have few children to shoulder the burden. The children themselves may have their own families to support.

If elderly  not well which is expected when they are in their late 70s and 80s say they get dementua ...cost of nursing home stay is upwards of $7K.

If you can only afford lowest class in nursing home, the arrangement is 8 beds per room.

With the number of elderly increasing and many needing nursing home care, it is time to make nursing home care a public service to better organize the resources and lower the costs.

There are now reports of Singaporeans putting their parents in nursing homes in JB because they cannot afford local nursing homes anymore. But the JB nursing homes are afraid of elderly dumping by Singaporeans who default on the payment often when they lose jobs and cannot afford to pay.

https://www.redcrowns.co/nursing-home-charges/

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

[Image: ARkIXKk.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

https://tnp.straitstimes.com/news/singap...ly-patient

(05-06-2022, 05:21 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You do the maths.
Because of 2 child policies by govt, most elderly needing nursing homes stay have few children to shoulder the burden. The children themselves may have their own families to support.

If elderly  not well which is expected when they are in their late 70s and 80s say they get dementua ...cost of nursing home stay is upwards of $7K.

If you can only afford lowest class in nursing home, the arrangement is 8 beds per room.

With the number of elderly increasing and many needing nursing home care, it is time to make nursing home care a public service to better organize the resources and lower the costs.

There are now reports of Singaporeans putting their parents in nursing homes in JB because they cannot afford local nursing homes anymore. But the JB nursing homes are afraid of elderly dumping by Singaporeans who default on the payment often when they lose jobs and cannot afford to pay.

Agreed with you lah! Nursing homes not cheap leh!
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

Klaus schwab visited us.
Better u detox immediately
Stress is a toxin.
Meeting at Mandarin Oriental DC owned by HK
[Image: Screenshot-from-2022-06-04-23-02-41.png]
zero on the Orange u get:

[Image: Screenshot-from-2022-06-05-06-11-14.png]
GRAND ORANGE
It is a cult a search shows
[Image: Screenshot-from-2022-06-05-06-29-06.png]
[+] 2 users Like singlon's post

[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

[Image: Screenshot-from-2022-06-05-06-45-34.png]

Clot-ed
[Image: Screenshot-from-2022-06-05-06-51-55.png]

Severely hunchbacked old woman seen doing GrabFood delivery (3)
https://sgtalk.net/Thread-Severely-hunch...ery--40388

71-year-old woman stands on window ledge at Jurong West HDB block (3)
https://sgtalk.net/Thread-71-year-old-wo...-HDB-block

[Image: Screenshot-from-2022-06-05-07-04-27.png]
[+] 2 users Like singlon's post

(05-06-2022, 05:21 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You do the maths.

Great-grandma, 95, insists on clearing tables at Woodlands coffee shop as she doesn't want children's money - Mothership.SG - News from Singapore, Asia and around the world
https://mothership.sg/2022/05/granny-working-singapore/
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

Life is suffering.
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

(05-06-2022, 07:31 AM)dynamite Wrote:  Life is suffering.

Yes true. Its a matter of how much suffering.

While more foreigners come, elderly Singaporeans are sent away. The builders of the nation have to go and foreigners come.

Just reflect on this as a situation. The economics look correct to maximise money making but the moral and ethics is just mot right.

Policy makermakers know that making the island overcrowded drives costs up but the collateral savage of doing thjs cannot be our elderly who are vulnerable.

[Image: PVdpWCG.jpg]

how to afford

so any dementia in sg
one here
talk non stop
make so much noise
how family can take it
so throw here
to disturb us
[+] 1 user Likes Talent's post

(05-06-2022, 09:10 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Yes true. Its a matter of how much suffering.

Birth is salvation. Aging, sickness and death are inevitable. Possessions and happiness are impermanent. We will have to leave this world leaving behind our loved ones and what we owned one day.

I saw this eerie quote posted by some one on dying at home by OYK ....

Quote:These changes will also help reduce hospitalisation costs, Mr Ong added, noting that 50 per cent of the hospitalisation costs that people incur in their lifetime are racked up during their last three months of life.
So looks like OYK knew the last 3 months of a person's life incurred the highest hospitalization cost. Instead of increasing subsidy to help out the last 3 months, he wants to kick them out of hospitals to reduce cost and you go look after your love ones yourselves. Not sure if he is aware that without the necessary nursing skills and time, it is a nightmare to take care of a bedridden or immobilized patients which most likely will be during the last 3 months of life. So what choice do you have other than checking them into a nursing home or arrange expensive round the clock hospice care at your home.

Another way OYK can do is allow euthanasia if he dun want to subsidize the dying citizen's hospitalization cost. At least this gives the dying patient another option .... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

euthanasia

agree
should allow
they collect so much in medisave and insurance payout
yet we are shortchange

(05-06-2022, 09:55 AM)Talent Wrote:  euthanasia

agree
should allow
they collect so much in medisave and insurance payout
yet we are shortchange

Euthanasia is not the solution for the VERY SICK AND ELDERLY
It is “the painless killing of a patient suffering from an incurable and painful disease or in an irreversible coma.”

Some elderly who has multiple diseases and don’t want to go to nursing home and want to stay at home should be given the option to take their own life, to die in a peaceful way
Therefore, the government should make suicide legal for the elderly here
Right now suicide is illegal for whatever age
The surviving family has to pay a fine
I

The problem now more and more will die in hospitals
Finding ways to spread the numbers are the ways to go.
not good on 'water face'
a malay girl teaching singlon abt having to keep pretense.

memory of 'water face'
https://youtu.be/OVQsLQn0fTU?list=PL1yqR...GN6us8OvRZ

(05-06-2022, 09:43 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  I saw this eerie quote posted by some one on dying at home by OYK ....

So looks like OYK knew the last 3 months of a person's life incurred the highest hospitalization cost. Instead of increasing subsidy to help out the last 3 months, he wants to kick them out of hospitals to reduce cost and you go look after your love ones yourselves. Not sure if he is aware that without the necessary nursing skills and time, it is a nightmare to take care of a bedridden or immobilized patients which most likely will be during the last 3 months of life. So what choice do you have other than checking them into a nursing home or arrange expensive round the clock hospice care at your home.

Another way OYK can do is allow euthanasia if he dun want to subsidize the dying citizen's hospitalization cost. At least this gives the dying patient another option .... Rolleyes

The reason why last 3 months is highest cost is due to the medical needs of the patient before dying and care needed. By putting the elderly at home without trained nurses they will not receive adequate care and quality of life will be bad.

They just want to save money as the money spent has no returns.

'Not as simple as putting them away': In elder abuse cases, social workers help abusers too
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/cna-insi...st-2725061

(05-06-2022, 09:43 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  I saw this eerie quote posted by some one on dying at home by OYK ....

他的心地很坏。

(05-06-2022, 11:19 AM)dynamite Wrote:  他的心地很坏。

我沒心沒肝..... Rolleyes

Carl Jung

Nursing homes are like hell, never ever go there. I visited one near Jurong East to see my elderly relatives before, very miserable. All the nurses are foreigners, you sleep in bed whole days with hundreds of sick and old people in a big room, never had a chance to go out have fresh air, never see blue sky & sunshine until your love ones come visiting you and bring you outside, nurses will never do do. From time to time you hear people fart in nearby beds. After dinner all the elderly start passing motion in bed at same time, very smelly. You want something and call the nurses, and get ignored most of the time, must keep trying hopelessly. 

In some nursing homes, nurses mistreat elderly, dunt believe? watch one of Andy Lau’s movies for detail, it is a horrible place, you will never want to go there unless your kids dump you there.

(05-06-2022, 11:36 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Nursing homes are like hell, never ever go there. I visited one near Jurong East to see my elderly relatives before, very miserable. All the nurses are foreigners, you sleep in bed whole days with hundreds of sick and old people in a big room, never had a chance to go out have fresh air, never see blue sky & sunshine until your love ones come visiting you and bring you outside, nurses will never do do. From time to time you hear people fart in nearby beds. After dinner all the elderly start passing motion in bed at same time, very smelly. You want something and call the nurses, and get ignored most of the time, must keep trying hopelessly. 

In some nursing homes, nurses mistreat elderly, dunt believe? watch one of Andy Lau’s movies for detail, it is a horrible place, you will never want to go there unless your kids dump you there.

For that type of nursing home, it costs $3-4k per month. crying

(05-06-2022, 11:36 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Nursing homes are like hell, never ever go there. I visited one near Jurong East to see my elderly relatives before, very miserable. All the nurses are foreigners, you sleep in bed whole days with hundreds of sick and old people in a big room, never had a chance to go out have fresh air, never see blue sky & sunshine until your love ones come visiting you and bring you outside, nurses will never do do. From time to time you hear people fart in nearby beds. After dinner all the elderly start passing motion in bed at same time, very smelly. You want something and call the nurses, and get ignored most of the time, must keep trying hopelessly. 

In some nursing homes, nurses mistreat elderly, dunt believe? watch one of Andy Lau’s movies for detail, it is a horrible place, you will never want to go there unless your kids dump you there.

Got any good solution?..... Thinking

Carl Jung

gdp growth at all cost, how inhumane these people are.