SPEAKING UP: Unreasonable Practices S’poreans Faced At Toxic Workplaces

SPEAKING UP: Unreasonable Practices S’poreans Faced At Toxic Workplaces, Such As Bosses Throwing Buns During A Scolding ☹️

https://mustsharenews.com/toxic-bosses-w...e=telegram

Well, I am used to it since this type of culture has been around for past 30 years.
[+] 2 users Like Wy:Nox's post

(27-11-2022, 06:57 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  Well, I am used to it since this type of culture has been around for past 30 years.

Same, same when starting out as a junior for 5-6 yrs ….. until numb
Its a good training, it gives me resiliency, mental toughness and thick skin. Without these how to survive in the cut throat world

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

I was a senior officer during my working shelf life. I’ve told my juniors to speak up whenever they feel there’s injustice in the workplace. The company that I work in has a policy that if you feel anything wrong you can even go see the MD to voice your grievances.

tomorrow will be a better day
[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

(27-11-2022, 07:29 PM)surfer Wrote:  I was a senior officer during my working shelf life. I’ve told my juniors to speak up whenever they feel there’s injustice in the workplace. The company that I work in has a policy that if you feel anything wrong you can even go see the MD to voice your grievances.

You have a good company. It is a good policy to be able to see the MD with your grievances........... Clapping
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

I must have led a charmed life. None of this happened to me in the four previous companies I worked in.

While some of the stuff sounds pretty incredible to me but I do believe such stuff happens. MUST SPEAK UP. I wonder what are the avenues though.
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

(27-11-2022, 06:57 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  Well, I am used to it since this type of culture has been around for past 30 years.

(27-11-2022, 07:22 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Same, same when starting out as a junior for 5-6 yrs ….. until numb
Its a good training, it gives me resiliency, mental toughness and thick skin. Without these how to survive in the cut throat world

PAP is 20 YEARS TOO LATE AGAIN??

It will take another 20 years for companies to change their toxic culture.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(27-11-2022, 06:52 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  SPEAKING UP: Unreasonable Practices S’poreans Faced At Toxic Workplaces, Such As Bosses Throwing Buns During A Scolding ☹️

https://mustsharenews.com/toxic-bosses-w...e=telegram

so good ah................throw buns ah..................i'll try to catch the buns with my mouth...............got say what buns ?.......char siew or curry buns ?

(27-11-2022, 08:41 PM)Ola Wrote:  PAP is 20 YEARS TOO LATE AGAIN??

Its not toxic lah ….  just the reality of life …. profit or loss lah … just deal with it

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(27-11-2022, 08:41 PM)Ola Wrote:  PAP is 20 YEARS TOO LATE AGAIN??

what do you means by 20 YEARS TOO LATE

PAP is also practicing this toxic culture.
everyone signed a non-disclosure form
boss can prosecute you with the kangaroo court if you leak anything dirty laundry to the public

it has been going on in PAP
the other boss learn is from PAP
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

(27-11-2022, 11:06 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Its not toxic lah ….  just the reality of life …. profit or loss lah … just deal with it

That is slave mentality

(28-11-2022, 05:49 AM)fishbuff Wrote:  That is slave mentality
This is Singapore.
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

"Another reader, Andrew, noted that his employer went from splitting their bonus into two instalments to dividing it across the entire year"

I thought divide bonus across entire year is fairer.. you don't need to wait for bonus before quitting. Not sure what's the complain about.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(28-11-2022, 08:27 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  "Another reader, Andrew, noted that his employer went from splitting their bonus into two instalments to dividing it across the entire year"

I thought divide bonus across entire year is fairer.. you don't need to wait for bonus before quitting. Not sure what's the complain about.
The bonus is only given out in the following year over the months. Definitely not fair cos you did the work last year and have to stay back one year (after another) to claim your bonus? 

The only fair way is for bonus to be issued ever quarter and paid in the month after that quarter. Fair to both employer and employee. But employer wants to retain good workers by using the bonus trap. This actually speaks volume of the employer - basically nothing great that can retain staff other than monetary. Employers must really value their employees and manage it well such that people stay not only because of the pay or bonus but the vision of the co... Sadly how many co, mgt and boss can do that?? Lol
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

(28-11-2022, 09:42 AM)Sticw Wrote:  The bonus is only given out in the following year over the months. Definitely not fair cos you did the work last year and have to stay back one year (after another) to claim your bonus? 

The only fair way is for bonus to be issued ever quarter and paid in the month after that quarter. Fair to both employer and employee. But employer wants to retain good workers by using the bonus trap. This actually speaks volume of the employer - basically nothing great that can retain staff other than monetary. Employers must really value their employees and manage it well such that people stay not only because of the pay or bonus but the vision of the co... Sadly how many co, mgt and boss can do that?? Lol

You mean got company divide previous year bonus and disburse in current year? Boss ultra creative, but mom cannot do anything meh?

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps

(27-11-2022, 11:14 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  what do you means by 20 YEARS TOO LATE

PAP is also practicing this toxic culture.
everyone signed a non-disclosure form
boss can prosecute you with the kangaroo court if you leak anything dirty laundry to the public

it has been going on in PAP
the other boss learn is from PAP

That is why civil service never dare to speak up

Or they will risk being sacked

Thus, they are forever backwards, out- of- touch and only serve themselves.

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(28-11-2022, 07:40 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  You mean got company divide previous year bonus and disburse in current year? Boss ultra creative, but mom cannot do anything meh?

Bonus is not compulsory. Even AWS is not compulsory. Unless they are stated in the employment contract else I doubt MOM can do anything.

(28-11-2022, 07:42 PM)Ola Wrote:  That is why civil service never dare to speak up

Or they will risk being sacked

Thus, they are forever backwards, out- of- touch and only serve themselves.

if you get sack by publc sector you will not get a job in private sector 
cause the private sector is all control by the PAP

Roy Ngerng is one good example
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

(28-11-2022, 07:49 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  if you get sack by publc sector you will not get a job in private sector 

How can the private sector be controlled by the PAP, when they are separate entity.............? Thinking nudie
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(28-11-2022, 07:44 PM)Levin Wrote:  Bonus is not compulsory. Even AWS is not compulsory. Unless they are stated in the employment contract else I doubt MOM can do anything.

Bonus is not compulsory, that I understand. But to declare bonus this year, but pay monthly in subsequent year, I must admit never heard of that..

Eye opener..

(28-11-2022, 08:31 PM)debono Wrote:  How can the private sector be controlled by the PAP, when they are separate entity.............? Thinking nudie

hahhahahaha

your reservist 
they got to release you
private companies signed an agreement with the state

asked you a question
which company do not want to release you when you are called up by the government to do your reservist

(28-11-2022, 11:51 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Bonus is not compulsory, that I understand. But to declare bonus this year, but pay monthly in subsequent year, I must admit never heard of that..

Eye opener..

Eye opener for me too.

My uncle told me years ago that our Govt

said SG is a Evergreen and Young Country

so die die must import more young people to replace oldies

So, who started the Toxic Hatred against the young in the workforce?

THESE FARKinG ASHOLES ARE NOT 'BOSSESS'
UNLESS U ARE A FOUNDER OF A CERTAIN BIG COMPANY...
U ARE NOTHING
U JUST WORK THERE
no wonder these useless prick dont know wat to do when they become jobless
clever to bully junior staff
but not clever to find a new job when jobless
btw
most companies dont want them becoas they are there too long and salary too high
so they rather get a ceca

(28-11-2022, 07:49 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  if you get sack by publc sector you will not get a job in private sector 

Who? But in any case, it seems that this Govt has brurality is some ways against some people due to hatred or petty mindset.

Win the World but lost your Soul.