Sim Ann accuses Leong Mun Wai of 'misleading the public' on SERS

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...nt-3192851

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

Song Boh!
Even SERS they also want to make $$$.
Who makes the housing unaffordable.
This problem will become even worse for the near future.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 2 users Like RiseofAsia's post

Actually Leong was not misleading p, he was adding a lot of clarity to the issue
Read what he said below, it really is the heart of the issue that the Govt refuse to confront. People should read what Leong says rather than the pap accusations against him,

Quote:"In my opinion, the full explanation is that lease decay has affected prices of old HDB flats in mature estates more than the ones in non-mature estates," he said. 

"At the same time, the prices of new flats in mature estates have risen much faster because they enjoy the benefits of good amenities and location. Therefore, there is a larger price difference between the existing old flats and the new replacement flats in Ang Mo Kio than in Marsiling."

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 3 users Like sgbuffett's post

Are the public so stupid to mislead?

If all data are available to public, public will be able to form their own judgement.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

(10-01-2023, 07:30 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Are the public so stupid to mislead?

If all data are available to public, public will be able to form their own judgement.

govt data are top secret, even our late President Ong T C also unable to get the data he wanted.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

(10-01-2023, 08:18 AM)FartSunKing Wrote:  That fcuked face oppie retard

And his moronic supporters

They all think they are entitled to FREEBIES

As if PAP is their mother's TITS
Angry
[Image: jacky-cheung-eat-shit.gif]

if cant win will cofuse u

It was really painful watching Sim Ann rebutting Leong
Luckily CNA edited her speech to put out her better parts
But even that you can sense the nervousness in her tone
How can PAPigs pay millions for such sub-standard talent?
The world must be laughing watching this
Bolehland politicians must be died laughing watching too

LMW (PSP) to PAPigs: DO NOT TAKE EVERY OPPOSITION IDEA AS A SOURCE OF DIVISION!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Bluebull's post

(10-01-2023, 09:52 AM)Bluebull Wrote:  It was really painful watching Sim Ann rebutting Leong
Luckily CNA edited her speech to put out her better parts
But even that you can sense the nervousness in her tone
How can PAPigs pay millions for such sub-standard talent?
The world must be laughing watching this
Bolehland politicians must be died laughing watching too

Someone might take umbrage at your suggestion that the media is bias to help PAP look better.

Anyone can ANYONE explain ...in what way Leong tried to MISLEAD?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Luckily we have Leong to help us clarify and think through things.

This man is 1000 times better than WP. This HDB is like a property tontine pool for Govt to play around.

Smile

(10-01-2023, 08:19 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  govt data are top secret, even our late President Ong T C also unable to get the data he wanted.

And he had to die doing it............ crying

LMW  是辩论大王。

(10-01-2023, 10:04 AM)dynamite Wrote:  LMW  是辩论大王。
Those puppies are afraid of him. He hv many valid points to back up his arguments. A strong and determined man who persevere in everything he do. Never say give up. We needs more of such people in Oppositions. Clapping
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

(10-01-2023, 10:04 AM)dynamite Wrote:  LMW  是辩论大王。

在给他多四年,他就是雄辩大王。 Big Grin

misleading me?
bo leh

One Leong Mun Wai is better than one WP.

PAP is busy fighting one Leong Mun Wai and has no time for WP.

It is good to have more opposition parties in parliament to create competition and raise the standard of debates.

If Chee Soon Juan can get into parliament, the debates will be more fierce and insightful.

Voters will get value for their votes.
[+] 2 users Like forum456's post

(10-01-2023, 10:12 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  Those puppies are afraid of him. He hv many valid points to back up his arguments. A strong and determined man who persevere in everything he do. Never say give up. We needs more of such people in Oppositions. Clapping
HOpe Leong Mun Wai will be a full fledged MP come next election, so that he can debate, with thrust and parry on any issues he thinks fit............ Clapping Gesti-109
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

If you read what Leong is saying he is actually helping to clear the misconception that Singaporeans should be happy if they get SERS.

It is the PAP THAT created the original.misconception that SERS js always a windfall. ..because it had failed to properly explain SERS valuation. If not for the original misconception why were the AMK people so unhappy.

It is shocking to me they now blame Leong for all the problems they created themselves.

In fact Leong is warning people not yo be too happy if their flats are earmarked for SERS especially in mature estates as they will be likely be disappointed by the compensation. He is in fact helping to adjust overly optimistic view of SERS.

[Image: yldR5yi.jpg]

My view is this.
While SERS compensation appears FAIR from.an accounting angle, they ultimately are taking back.something from the people pre maturely before their lease ends.

This is the same as someone wanting to take something that belongs to you....say your company or stamp collection, yo get you to part, they need to offer a premium NOT FAIR value.
They also need to compensate you for any inconvenience and disruption to your life....for example in an en bloc of 99 yr leasehold property...owners expect to be compensated much higher than if they sell their units in open market.

(10-01-2023, 11:01 AM)FartSunKing Wrote:  Let me give you a real life example

The owners of old 3rm HDB flat at Commonwealth estate with around 45 years remaining lease

They bought the flat for about $7,500 when it was new

Those who bought resale like me in early 1999 paid $125K

Now the resale price is around $300K

After staying in the unit for FREE for the past 55 years

The first owner stand to gain about $250K after factoring average mortgage interests for 55 years at 3.5% per annum

If PAP select Commonwealth estate for SERS, a new BTO 3rm flat cost about $400K

You expect PAP to buy your old 3rm flat for $300K and give you a new flat that cost $400K

knnbccbai, what about the rest of Singaporeans whose flats are not selected for SERS

Where do you think government funds come from you fcuking oppie idiots?

What you say is correct and Leong also did not perpetuate any misconception. 

The misconception is in Singaporeans mind due to the PAP not explaining the compensation properly and this led to disappointment in the AMK SERS.

You shoot off a long posting without even understanding or reading the parliament exchange.

(10-01-2023, 11:14 AM)FartSunKing Wrote:  fcuk you lar

oppie retards like you will always suck his dick and carry his balls

Majority of the owners of old 3rm HDB flats in mature estate are HAPPY if their estate is selected for SERS

They know they will get a new flat in the same estate with a fresh 99 years lease without having to ballot for it

They do not have a WELFARE ENTITLEMENT mindset as if PAP is their mother's tits

Only oppie retards think like that because they were MISLEAD by a fcuked faced NCMP

So what did Leong said misled anyone? Can show the statement?

(10-01-2023, 08:54 AM)talky Wrote:  if cant win will cofuse u

She is actually misleading sinkees.

Poor sinkees, always got brainwash by PnP.

Laughing

(10-01-2023, 06:45 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...nt-3192851

Accused is accusing the accuser lah! Big Grin

Please watch the exchange and closing remarks.

The only person  trying to mislead is minister Sim who was desperately trying to put words into LMW mouth.

LMW did not say SERS us not fair. He only said the outcome for AMK is different from previous in that residents are told to topup and did not receive cash. That is a factual statement.

(10-01-2023, 07:24 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Actually Leong was not misleading p, he was adding a lot of clarity to the issue
Read what he said below, it really is the heart of the issue that the Govt refuse to confront. People should read what Leng says rather than the pap accusations against him,

Can Leong PORFMA CNA for the misleading report?
[+] 1 user Likes Dan's post

very simple.

PAP wants to take over old flats, PAP must compensate the same size of new flat for the remaining lease.
PAP must also compensate citizens for the effort and time for moving house and renovation

effected house owners should not pay any single cent for SERS or VERS.
there is no need for any compensation formula because house owners just need the same size of house to live in the remaining lease.

EPIC , Sim Ann NEVER KNOW HER BOSS WIFE HC POST ? " WE ARE JUST RENTING THE HDB FLAT "
[+] 2 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(10-01-2023, 01:56 PM)forum456 Wrote:  very simple.

PAP wants to take over old flats, PAP must compensate the same size of new flat for the remaining lease.
PAP must also compensate citizens for the effort and time for moving house and renovation

effected house owners should not pay any single cent for SERS or VERS.
there is no need for any compensation formula because house owners just need the same size of house to live in the remaining lease.

it does not make sense for PAP to kick out the house owners and expect them to pay more for the new house for the remaining lease ?

(10-01-2023, 01:58 PM)forum456 Wrote:  it does not make sense for PAP to kick out the house owners and expect them to pay more for the new house for the remaining lease ?

Put it " simple " Is really " Bad Luck now if your block been SERS in Fact " Let's say the future BTO flats price is increase obviously it keep increasing due to " materials cost, labour , Govt also want to earn etc etc misc behind "

Like that Seriously THE FUTURE GEN YOUR KIDS ARE INDEED SLAVES TO PROPERTY FOR LIFE!
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

I don't think Sim Ann properly addressed the question of why AMK residents got a poorer deal than other blocks affected by SERS. Plus why does the govt so desperately need that plot of land but is not willing to pay full price? Please don't try to deflect the questions by making accusations of Leong.
[+] 4 users Like starbugs's post

https://youtu.be/0h7bYGwof2A