Singapore now Asia's priciest city as inflation adds to Omicron fears

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/ec...cron-fears
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

To counter inflation we go to JB or Batam to spend our money.....there still cheaper compare here...

Not true Singapore priciest City.

How pricy is depends on lifestyle

Minus online shopping I don't have to spend much.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

There must b a good reason why we r the pricest place on earth!

More well to do humans from around the world have decided to live work n play n die here.

Demand pushes the price of everything - property, cars, expat foods, drinks etc.

Use yr brain lah..conversely if we the cheapest place , then it will b kabul, timbuktu, etc ..all the ghosts, spirits, half dead souls r there

Straits Times is PAP Propaganda machine.

Please! SG just won back the World spot as the Most expensive with so many increase in both direct & Indirect taxes.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(02-12-2021, 05:35 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  To counter inflation we go to JB or Batam to spend our money.....there still cheaper compare here...

Their police and robbers waiting for you. Laughing

tomorrow will be a better day

(02-12-2021, 09:24 AM)Ola Wrote:  Straits Times is PAP Propaganda machine.

Please! SG just won back the World spot as the Most expensive with so many increase in both direct & Indirect taxes.

This red dot prides itself as the number one in the world for everything there is under the sun. Big Grin

I think it's because HK became cheaper, not SG became more expensive. The rioters leaving HK has reduced the cost pressures there.

Looks like Andy Lau😂

(02-12-2021, 10:59 AM)5354 Wrote:  If you are single, can retire when you are around 45 years old and live on your savings if you have bought a HDB flat or private condo

If you married like me, can retire at 55 if you have CPF

No bullshit lar, I stop working from 15 Aug 2017,  when I was 55 

Now living a life of luxury in a cosy and classy HDB flat

Song boh

We are living on past success. The current govt does not have new ways of generating revenue other than taxing denizens and importing foreigners. Is this sustainable? If not, your son will not be able to enjoy the life you have now.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(02-12-2021, 10:42 AM)5354 Wrote:  Public housing in HDB flats is FREE for a LIFETIME in Singapore

If you have a job with CPF contributions your HOSPITALCARE is FREE for LIFE

If you do not drive, smoke, booze or massage with happy ending

There is no better city to live and work in the whole fcuking world

All here agree?

I beg to differ. How much did you pay for your flat? 
And hospital care is not free. Even Ah Cow paid a measly $8 when he was last warded.

(02-12-2021, 11:28 AM)5354 Wrote:  I paid $185K for my 1st HDB flat in 1992, sold it 6 years later for $380K

That means what? FREE housing for 6 years + nett profits of $176K

No bullshit, see proof below

[Image: 58Yc9qI.png]

The fact that you've paid an initial sum for your first HDB flat means you've paid and it's not free. On selling and buying another property means you've made a profit on your first purchase. So you cannot consider it as free.

[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

(02-12-2021, 11:31 AM)5354 Wrote:  $8 for bypass is FREE

It is like giving tips to ola for a free fcuk!

Free means not paying even if it's for $8.

(02-12-2021, 11:39 AM)5354 Wrote:  Please change your paradigm to enjoy your life

It is like putting your money in FD to enjoy FREE housing

You get back every cent plus interests over the years you stay in your HDB flat for FREE

Of course you have to pay S&C fees $80 a month for 5I and property tax $131.20 a year for 5I flat
I do not have to change my paradigm nor my way of thinking. I'm already enjoying my life and do not have to worry about my financial situation. My money can sustain my lifestyle to the nd of my days. Big Grin

(02-12-2021, 05:35 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  To counter inflation we go to JB or Batam to spend our money.....there still cheaper compare here...

Can also buy online for most of the items....
Sg is now a place for the rich. crying

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Those jobless, retrenched and retirees going to face more finance related problems
[+] 1 user Likes Stoki's post