Singaporean food-ordering platform Gobble closes shop due to funding

Singaporean food-ordering platform Gobble closes shop due to funding woes, low profit - EconoTimes

https://www.econotimes.com/Singapore-bas...ns-1649310

Why grab still in operation...many Singaporean order food onlines why no business ?
[+] 1 user Likes ysh02's post

grab backed by softbank, can bleed for another few decades also no prob
[+] 1 user Likes Nyvrem's post

No money to play these stupid game confirm close shop...
[+] 1 user Likes Sharexchange's post

(25-01-2023, 06:09 PM)Nyvrem Wrote:  grab backed by softbank, can bleed for another few decades also no prob

you forget also our GIC TS Holdings....zzzz

Go google u will know why Grab HQ in SG.
one thing Malaysia Govt is Smart on this issue. That time Gab asking for Govt aid but Malaysia Govt reject. Later our GIC TS holdings come tell Grab they can invest but condition must move the HQ come to SG.

On surface GIC TS Holdings will tell U , this is why SG got jobs for the people .

BUT back end is " heywire " ...end up is We the people been " owned again "

(25-01-2023, 06:15 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  you forget also our GIC TS Holdings....zzzz

Go google u will know why Grab HQ in SG.
one thing Malaysia Govt is Smart on this issue.  That time Gab asking for Govt aid but Malaysia Govt reject. Later our GIC TS holdings come tell Grab they can invest but condition must move the HQ come to SG.

On surface GIC TS Holdings will tell U , this is why SG got jobs for the people .

BUT back end is " heywire " ...end up is We the people been " owned again "
This one I disagree. GIC TS is right to woo grab over. Back in boleh land, they have no idea how to find such companies so act dumb. GIC saw the opportunity and get grab to come over.

If the nasdaq bubble was to burst a bit later, GIC TS would have huat big big from the IPO.

At least grab is a viable business model and not like the Bitcoin or fashion company where investment failed badly due to no business sense.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(25-01-2023, 06:44 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  This one I disagree. GIC TS is right to woo grab over. Back in boleh land, they have no idea how to find such companies so act dumb. GIC saw the opportunity and get grab to come over.

If the nasdaq bubble was to burst a bit later, GIC TS would have huat big big from the IPO.

At least grab is a viable business model and not like the Bitcoin or fashion company where investment failed badly due to no business sense.

You forget Uber? Grab is just like Uber. But later Grab also doing food delivery and so call Grab pay

FYI their GRAB PAY IS EPIC FAIL

Investors Are not fool , " of course there will have fool investors " or else how to " BS " them to invest.

(25-01-2023, 07:00 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  You forget Uber?  Grab is just like Uber. But later Grab also doing food delivery and so call Grab pay

FYI their GRAB PAY IS EPIC FAIL

Investors Are not fool , " of course there will have fool investors " or else how to " BS " them to invest.
But, do you use grab in yr everyday life? If yes, it won't be as a failure as the other 2.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps

(25-01-2023, 07:24 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  But, do you use grab in yr everyday life? If yes, it won't be as a failure as the other 2.

There is food panda as a competitor.................... Laughing nudie

cash flow can kill many start up.

Good … all these copy cat startup beggar leech, best close shop. Poor biz model result loss …. best close shop

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

These venture backed biz are twisting the logic of business operations.

These companies cannot bleed forever

Smile

(25-01-2023, 07:24 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  But, do you use grab in yr everyday life? If yes, it won't be as a failure as the other 2.

FYI I don’t even use any grab services
Only once is my relative book one PHV for me as it was late. In fact I can just take taxi but he already book that it

Come food delivery I don’t even use grab even others

As my side here just walking distance

Smile u will say me old fashion? Nah fyi I study IT I thought I’m the only one like this but there are others who study IT one some also like me don’t use any these services

Grab is a lousy company, no innovation whatsoever, just a copycat. But founder is lucky as he has a rich family. Those with no connections will never be able to get funding.

(26-01-2023, 01:03 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Grab is a lousy company, no innovation whatsoever, just a copycat. But founder is lucky as he has a rich family. Those with no connections will never be able to get funding.

those with no connections but get foreign passport and start a start up here in singapore sure can get funding..... past examples too many

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html
[+] 1 user Likes wendychan's post

(25-01-2023, 10:58 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Good … all these copy cat startup beggar leech, best close shop. Poor biz model result loss …. best close shop

All these copy cat start up are doomed to fail................ Big Grin

You should never do a startup that replicate another startup that started earlier .....

Food delivery has like 4 or 5 big players backed by giants with endless cashflow.

Sometimes people do let their passion get the better of them.

But of one stands back and think clearly....it makes no sense at all.

I wanted to start a convenient shop some time back after studying the 7eleven and Buzz franchise my conclusion  is better to DIY but the effort will be significant so I put it on hold

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

No bussiness

(26-01-2023, 12:57 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  FYI I don’t even use any grab services
Only once is my relative book one PHV for me as it was late. In fact I can just take taxi but he already book that it

Come food delivery I don’t even use grab even others

As my side here just walking distance

Smile u will say me old fashion? Nah fyi I study IT I thought I’m the only one like this but there are others who study IT one some also like me don’t use any these services

Well, can only say your lifestyle is different. If you don't use any of grab service, then I rest my case.

(25-01-2023, 07:40 PM)debono Wrote:  There is food panda as a competitor.................... Laughing nudie
Yup. Competition is normal. Not every business is like SPH where it is one and only.

But u are also like foreveralone where you use none of grab service, then hard to discuss since there won't be a baseline for discussion.