Sunday,PM Anwar chairs National Action Council on Cost of Living

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/...ting/42170

PUTRAJAYA, Nov 27 — Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim today chaired the 2022 National Action Council on Cost of Living Special Meeting which was attended by government departments and agencies to discuss the cost of living issues affecting the people.

Among the high-ranking government officials present were chief secretary to the government Tan Sri Mohd Zuki Ali, Bank Negara Malaysia governor Tan Sri Nor Shamsiah Mohd Yunus, officials from the Department of Statistics, Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Agriculture and Food Industries, and Energy and Natural Resources Ministry.

The meeting started at 11am today and a press conference is expected to be held immediately after that.

Yesterday, Anwar reportedly said a meeting on the cost of living must be held immediately as there is an urgent need to address the issue.

He said the meeting will discuss several immediate and long-term action plans to overcome problems related to the cost of living.

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/catego...subsidies/

The relevant ministries and agencies will have two weeks to analyse and discuss targeted subsidies for the people, says Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim.

Anwar said the priority was to ease the burden of the people, especially those in the lower income bracket, in view of the rise in the price of goods and cost of living.

I will give two weeks (to the relevant ministries and agencies) to evaluate all the implications (of targeted subsidies) and discuss with the private sector and investors so that all involved will understand that the purpose of subsidies is to ease the burden of the poor,” he said at a press conference here.

(27-11-2022, 01:50 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/catego...subsidies/

The relevant ministries and agencies will have two weeks to analyse and discuss targeted subsidies for the people, says Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim.

Anwar said the priority was to ease the burden of the people, especially those in the lower income bracket, in view of the rise in the price of goods and cost of living.

I will give two weeks (to the relevant ministries and agencies) to evaluate all the implications (of targeted subsidies) and discuss with the private sector and investors so that all involved will understand that the purpose of subsidies is to ease the burden of the poor,” he said at a press conference here.
It is so heroic of Anwar to curb the expenses of the country, and cut all unnecessary expanses by the govt.  He wants to cut all these expenses and divert all the savings into helping the lower income group.  He started by not taking a salary of a PM as a good example....... Clapping
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

It takes msians 20+ yrs to finally vote in a good leader

Er....I had 1 bbq drumstick for 50c only in Langkawi. Very cheap wat.

In SG we pay $4 at pasar malam and PAP say cheap cheap!

(27-11-2022, 01:50 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/catego...subsidies/

I hope he doesn’t bring down prices too much
Otherwise many Sinkies will flocked to cheap JB
I heard from friend that in the street market, you can get one plate of Nasi lemak for RM5, up from RM4 one year ago
It contains egg, one kuning fish, ikan bilis, peanuts, cucumber 
Yet they said expensive
Chicken rice from RM7 to RM9
Yet they said too expensive
Teh, coffee from RM2.00 to RM2.50
Yet they said damned expensive
How much can Anwar bring down the prices?!?
Photo 

(27-11-2022, 03:21 PM)Harry Lee Wrote:  It takes msians 20+ yrs to finally vote in a good leader
The burning question is how many years or months to bring down a weak leader or govt?

So far, it’s has been proven to be a musical chair drama, always plot twist.

(27-11-2022, 05:36 PM)Mark Koh Wrote:  The burning question is how many years or months to bring down a weak leader or govt?

So far, it’s has been proven to be a musical chair drama, always plot twist.

Don't bring down Anwar lah, he is setting a good example for his neighbour to follow........ Laughing Clapping

(27-11-2022, 05:42 PM)debono Wrote:  Don't bring down Anwar lah, he is setting a good example for his neighbour to follow........ Laughing Clapping

spore must follow n learn fr him on how to bring down cost of living
giving out vouchers is not pemanent solutions
like supermarkets original cost is $1 jacked up to $1.20
then give u 10cts rebate to help u fight rising cost
but u still pay 10 ct more

(27-11-2022, 07:25 PM)talky Wrote:  spore must follow n learn fr him on how to bring down cost of living

It is a robbing Peter to pay Paul kind of practice....... Clapping

(27-11-2022, 05:24 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  I hope he doesn’t bring down prices too much
Otherwise many Sinkies will flocked to cheap JB
I heard from friend that in the street market, you can get one plate of Nasi lemak for RM5, up from RM4 one year ago
It contains egg, one kuning fish, ikan bilis, peanuts, cucumber 
Yet they said expensive
Chicken rice from RM7 to RM9
Yet they said too expensive
Teh, coffee from RM2.00 to RM2.50
Yet they said damned expensive
How much can Anwar bring down the prices?!?

Much also depend on Ringgit. However Anwar goes after retailers first.

(27-11-2022, 08:25 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Much also depend on Ringgit. However Anwar goes after retailers first.

During Anwar's tenure the Ringgit should be peg at 3.33 to 1 Singdollar........... Big Grin

Looks like Anwar is a hands on PM who personally chaired and brain stormed on Cost of Living. He dun arrow such task to his Deputy or create a task force to handle. .... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(27-11-2022, 07:25 PM)talky Wrote:  spore must follow n learn fr him on how to bring down cost of living

Wait pinky read already he will be very tulan.

He will curse An.war for bringing the cost down in Malaysia. As compared to here, the higher the cost, the more salary the ministars get

(27-11-2022, 08:34 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Looks like Anwar is a hands on PM who personally chaired and brain stormed on Cost of Living. He dun arrow such task to his Deputy or create a task force to handle. .... Big Grin

Spot on. Singapore's way is leave everything to task force. If successful, govt will take the credit. If fail, then task force will take the blame. Seriously like that need ministers or not?
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

Here we increase GST as a solution. No need to chair any meeting on Cost of Living. .... Big Grin .....

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(27-11-2022, 08:40 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Here we increase GST as a solution. No need to chair any meeting on Cost of Living. .... Big Grin .....

PAP said they cause the inflation is becos they very caring. Inflation is good for poor. Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Notdumb's post

(27-11-2022, 08:43 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  PAP said they cause the inflation is becos they very caring. Inflation is good for poor. Laughing

Like Ah Goh said, "I will be worried if there is no inflation"

(27-11-2022, 08:29 PM)debono Wrote:  During Anwar's tenure the Ringgit should be peg at 3.33 to 1 Singdollar........... Big Grin

He will not want to follow Dr Mah fix exchange rate by control foreign funds. 

Maybe he knows in Ringgit he will up against the FED, so choose easier NAC task instead. Tongue

on a side note to this >

gct never say i m worry when the ministers are overwork

too much work they will resign cant find suitable candidates as ministers

(27-11-2022, 08:56 PM)Stoki Wrote:  Like Ah Goh said, "I will be worried if there is no inflation"

Can't shoot him for this. It's true that there should be inflation, but must keep it under control.

(27-11-2022, 10:57 PM)talky Wrote:  on a side note to this >

gct never say i m worry when the ministers are overwork

too much work they will resign cant find suitable candidates as ministers

But he will say "I am worried if the ministers are not lazy"

Rotfl