Tech industry in SG is totally crap

I work in tech, and I'm about to migrate overseas, so here are my final parting words to Singapore: You guys know jack shit about tech; you only excel at hiring nincompoops and overpaying them.

Tech being the hottest industry right now, I get that it's attractive to people from all walks of life. Then again, this doesn't mean everyone is suited for it. I am so sick of dealing with crappy code from quasi-programmers who don't know better, all these crappy PMs/BAs who obviously can't discharge their duties and yet still earn high salaries, AS WELL AS all the weird scrum masters whose job scopes are so utterly useless I don't even know why we pay them to teach us how to 'optimize' our work flow when they fail miserably at managing company spending. Please stop buying into western methodologies if you don't know how to use them.

The worst part? Salary discrepancies between those of locals and foreigners. You guys  can get all defensive however you want, but let's face it, most foreigners are obscenely remunerated to live the high life here whilst doing only a fraction of the work. What's up with paying these people so much moolah? I don't get it. What do they actually contribute? Do we really need to drive our living costs so much higher through gentrification?

If they are in fact better than local talent and add value to the economy, sure thing, have a seat at the table. But here we are, with foreign supremacy shoved down our throats when their quality of work is trashy at best - all they do is yakety-yak away, while we Asians slog at their behest and they go on to claim the credit for our efforts.

More at https://www.bannedsite.com/post/singapor...foreigners
[+] 1 user Likes pinkypanther's post

Under Loong, things will not change. He is a AMDK.

This bugger is also a cheapskate introducing the multi-task duties @ all level of workplace. Esp in corporate.

Smile
[+] 4 users Like Niubee's post

Not crap then I worry