The Risk Of Locking In High Fixed Deposit Rates

https://www.syfe.com/magazine/are-fixed-...e-for-you/

Not all banks penalised early FD withdrawal. Only DBS eat into your principal as penalty. The rest just give zero interest and some give pro-rated based on board rate not zero interest
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(25-01-2023, 12:08 AM)sgh Wrote:  Not all banks penalised early FD withdrawal. Only DBS eat into your principal as penalty. The rest just give zero interest and some give pro-rated based on board rate not zero interest

The writer thinks people ignorant of penalties ...this is not true even my mom also ask whether got penalty.

This type of article really waste everybody's time to promote own product...which is actually the lousy Syfe cash.

If we don't do FD what are the alternatives for guaranteed  4% returns? 

The article recommends Syfe cash which pays only 2.5%...how is 2.5% better than 4%?

Author claims rates will rise further. How does he know for sure? What happens if it falls? Wouldn't that risk not locking up in FD?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

SCB esaver no penalty and no lock in period. Best in town lah. Rotfl

Dont waste time on Duck Ball soup. I have transferred my fund out of it.
During my transferring, they still called me to authenticate my transfer.
Ppl bank reputation already ruined by them.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

[Image: ECBFAAE1-3788-4243-AD37-851-B8535-AF38.jpg]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Eat into fd principal is not fd. Is akin to buying into a priced fund

how much sgbutt mother has in FD
I want to know whether his mother has more money than me

SCB eSaver 3.8% end Jan 23. Feb onwards how confirmed will have? So need plan B if don't have. And hence some ppl lock some into FD as they forsee maybe interest rate has peaked or will slow down.