This 61-year-old man has spent over 40 years repairing bikes in Bukit Merah

This 61-year-old man has spent over 40 years repairing bikes in Bukit Merah

https://mothership.sg/2022/11/ah-poo-hon...ycle-shop/
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

Repair bicycle can feed two sons out means this job is doable can earn monies but is hard work. Two sons no takeover could mean their existing jobs blow aircon take home more so none is willing to take over. I can understand as it is all about monies. If I am the son blow aircon at work take home more than one month repair bicycle why repair bicycle? Passion for the job hmmm now is 2022 leh
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(26-11-2022, 09:46 PM)sgh Wrote:  Repair bicycle can feed two sons out means this job is doable can earn monies but is hard work. Two sons no takeover could mean their existing jobs blow aircon take home more so none is willing to take over. I can understand as it is all about monies. If I am the son blow aircon at work take home more than one month repair bicycle why repair bicycle? Passion for the job hmmm now is 2022 leh

The business of bicycles is waning....now the trend is to have motorized bicycles or scooters......... crying
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(26-11-2022, 09:59 PM)debono Wrote:  The business of bicycles is waning....now the trend is to have motorized bicycles or scooters......... crying

Noted. Then I cham liao as I use bicycle to travel around my neighbourhood and intend to use that when I retire. Hopefully by then motorised bicycle can be cheaper than bicycle. Now can earn faster earn more monies so can afford the motorised bicycle
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

He repair my bicycle many times, Business man with no mercy.

Recommend to change whole disc brake system when brake pad wear off
[+] 1 user Likes maddog's post

(26-11-2022, 11:15 PM)maddog Wrote:  He repair my bicycle many times, Business man with no mercy.

😱😱😱😱

(26-11-2022, 11:15 PM)maddog Wrote:  He repair my bicycle many times, Business man with no mercy.

Waliao!

A few months back my inner tube burst and my gear shift cable broke
I fix a new inner tube myself bought from Shoppee ride one time the inner tube burst.

Decided to go to old man in my area to fix, this man has been fixing bikes for darn Long ... May be  more than 60yrs.

I had not seem him for donkey yrs as I had no bike problems for long time, 

When I got to his shop he was with his maid. He could no longer walk properly but was still fixing bikes. He will sit on a stool and do it. He hands were a bit shaky. The Maid will assist to bring tools and parts over to him.

The innner tube was a simple job but the gear shift cable very hard to fix. He told be to collect bike next day

Next day went over he fixed everything ....total $30.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Nice titties Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(26-11-2022, 09:59 PM)debono Wrote:  The business of bicycles is waning....now the trend is to have motorized bicycles or scooters......... crying

Not really. I have seen quite a few new bicycle shops around. But mainly selling higher end bicycles. Not bicycle repair shops.
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post