Those Sio Hoon Ki Lip Lai.

Those Sio Hoon Ki Lip Lai. How many sticks or packets per day. I use to smoke 1 packet per day and quit when the price increase to $10. I having not been smoking 🚬 for many years.
[+] 1 user Likes Guest's post

I no like. I quite mean huan. Those no smoke in correct places I leeport to NEA Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Long long time ago during my NS times they got sell small packet 10 sticks is about $2+. Already to me super expensive. One stick is 20 cents so once light up must quickly puff don't let it burn for nothing. Then must smoke until the very tip to make it worthwhile. Then the price climb up like crazy last I track is big packet 20 sticks $10? That is 50 cents per stick WOW! More than 100% increase.

So I finally quit as i feel monies hard earned cannot be like that burned away. If say the price is cheap like Msia then ok can smoke else heavy drain on wallet not worth it.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(27-11-2022, 04:23 PM)sgh Wrote:  Long long time ago during my NS times they got sell small packet 10 sticks is about $2+. Already to me super expensive. One stick is 20 cents so once light up must quickly puff don't let it burn for nothing. Then must smoke until the very tip to make it worthwhile. Then the price climb up like crazy last I track is big packet 20 sticks $10? That is 50 cents per stick WOW! More than 100% increase.

So I finally quit as i feel monies hard earned cannot be like that burned away. If say the price is cheap like Msia then ok can smoke else heavy drain on wallet not worth it.

I smoke time Marlboro or Salem 10 sticks $1.40, luckies was $1. Winston around $1.10

(27-11-2022, 04:28 PM)sogo Wrote:  I smoke time Marlboro or Salem 10 sticks $1.40, luckies was $1. Winston around $1.10

You older than me in reality I guess. Then during my times the ladies seem to smoke Virginia Slim very slim design dunno what brand is that. My times is Salem as I like the Menthol flavor.

(27-11-2022, 04:28 PM)sogo Wrote:  I smoke time Marlboro or Salem 10 sticks $1.40, luckies was $1. Winston around $1.10

When I start smoke cheaper than you, Marlboro small pack I still remember is 1.2 small pack

later Govt greedy for more taxes, blah blah increase and increase EPIC is no more small pack
standard big pack.

Now I still smoke but no more marlboro . In fact some cheaper brand is made from the same company aka philip morris ,

the taste etc a bit like Marlboro but of course not the same.

(27-11-2022, 04:34 PM)sgh Wrote:  You older than me in reality I guess. Then during my times the ladies seem to smoke Virginia Slim very slim design dunno what brand is that. My times is Salem as I like the Menthol flavor.

Virginia slim also $1.4. then got consulate at $1.4 also. Newport was $1 nia

(27-11-2022, 04:36 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  When I start smoke cheaper than you, Marlboro small pack I still remember is 1.2 small pack

later Govt greedy for more taxes, blah blah increase and increase EPIC is no more small pack
standard big pack.

Now I still smoke but no more marlboro . In fact some cheaper brand is made from the same company aka philip morris ,

the taste etc a bit like Marlboro but of course not the same.

I remember 1991 go pulau ubin buy luckies strike no filter go. Then half day Sian liao go back pass to those Malay guys that wanted to camp over night.

During NS times I started and used to smoke consulate. Because it was mild and the more important reason was becos it was cheap.

Then I decided to take up running and gave the ciggies up. Healthier and I now gotch more money Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(27-11-2022, 04:54 PM)sogo Wrote:  Virginia slim also $1.4. then got consulate at $1.4 also. Newport was $1 nia

Newport is nice , too bad now no more selling in SG.

(27-11-2022, 05:04 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Newport is nice , too bad now no more selling in SG.

I thot you boomer smoke 555 in tin type? Big Grin

(27-11-2022, 05:05 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  I thot you boomer smoke 555 in tin type? Big Grin

I smoked quite a lot brands before, price increase along the way also curious what other brands taste like.

Always try to find one cheap yet good lol. FYI I still smoke. Now is LD red.

555 I never smoke before. You smoke consulate , I also smoke before, at first hmm ok but later yucks.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Anybody got try camel non filter before? Big Grin

(27-11-2022, 05:32 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Anybody got try camel non filter before? Big Grin

Me Smile dam power I even try the one with filter before.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(27-11-2022, 04:56 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  During NS times I started and used to smoke consulate.  Because it was mild and the more important reason was becos it was cheap.

Then I decided to take up running and gave the ciggies up.  Healthier and I now gotch more money Laughing

Good for you, cos you can live till 100........ Laughing Clapping
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(27-11-2022, 05:38 PM)debono Wrote:  Good for you, cos you can live till 100........ Laughing Clapping

Rotfl Rotfl

(27-11-2022, 05:38 PM)debono Wrote:  Good for you, cos you can live till 100........ Laughing Clapping

now hard to say rah, somemore with " forcing jab and jab for Covi19 "

recently you never see news , some in their 30s, 40s suddenly just rip
EVEN some always inside healthy lifestyle never drink, smoke , eat healthy also suddenly RIP.

(27-11-2022, 05:43 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  now hard to say rah, somemore with " forcing jab and jab for Covi19 "

recently you never see news , some in their 30s, 40s suddenly just rip
EVEN some always inside healthy lifestyle never drink, smoke , eat healthy also suddenly RIP.

Anybody can die at any time, healthy or otherwise, sometimes by accidents.... Clapping

(27-11-2022, 05:56 PM)debono Wrote:  Anybody can die at any time, healthy or otherwise, sometimes by accidents.... Clapping

is depend on individuals for smokers too not just non smoker
as you mention yea

my side here got this elderly already in his 80s+ still happy smoking , chilling at coffeeshop now always see video from his phone than smoke.

(27-11-2022, 06:01 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  is depend on individuals for smokers too not just non smoker
as you mention yea

my side here got this elderly already in his 80s+ still happy smoking , chilling at coffeeshop now always see video from his phone than smoke.

Chain smoker like the late TengSP died at the age of 88...... Clapping

(27-11-2022, 06:03 PM)debono Wrote:  Chain smoker like the late TengSP died at the age of 88...... Clapping

recently again this Chain smoker runner lol....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgy9mjesrbM

Waste money

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(27-11-2022, 06:15 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  recently again this Chain smoker runner lol....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgy9mjesrbM

He is giving a wrong impression that smoking people can run marathon.....Those who are behind him will be inhaling his second hand smoke which is deadly, as it a cause of lung cancer.................... Angry

Anyone tried Rothmans?
I used to get cartons of Marlboro free but I don’t smoke and gave them to friends who smokes

tomorrow will be a better day

(27-11-2022, 06:34 PM)surfer Wrote:  Anyone tried Rothmans?
I used to get cartons of Marlboro free but I don’t smoke and gave them to friends who smokes

wow your smoker friends must be happy

(27-11-2022, 06:44 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  wow your smoker friends must be happy

Yup. But I get nervous when I get these free ciggies because they’re duty free .

(27-11-2022, 06:46 PM)surfer Wrote:  Yup. But I get nervous when I get these free ciggies because they’re duty free .

how come you can get free, huh duty free is ok what I know.

my in law smoke till half face stroke, he is only 45 yrs

(27-11-2022, 06:48 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  how come you can get free, huh duty free is ok what I know.

If you are caught smoking a biggie without the SGDP marker on the cigarette you will be fined. Even if you have one stick in yr pocket it will cost you$4k. My friend was caught years back with 2 cartons and was jailed. His wife had to pay the fine of $8k at that point in time about 10 years back.

(27-11-2022, 06:53 PM)surfer Wrote:  If you are caught smoking a biggie without the SGDP marker on the cigarette you will be fined. Even if you have one stick in yr pocket it will cost you$4k. My friend was caught years back with 2 cartons and was jailed. His wife had to pay the fine of $8k at that point in time about 10 years back.

wow i never know because I always buy from neighbourhood shop around my places if stocks run low.
All along I thought " duty free " one is ok due to travelling than you buy from those duty free shops at the airport.