TikTok CEO - a "Global" Singaporean.

(19-05-2023, 01:20 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Correction - gov is NOT a private enterprise.
and running Multi billion $ enterprise like Tik Tok is unlike running a country.
So expecting CEO of a private coy to run for  EP shows how unrealistic this wish can be in SG context.

Tell that to govt and ask yrself did you do your part to prevent that from happening.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(19-05-2023, 06:52 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Tell that to govt and ask yrself did you do your part to prevent that from happening.

My question is why your little pet peeve with SG Gov seems to prevent you from appreciating Chew's personal success in a global coy, which has clearly done SGreans proud, in a politically-challenged industry ?  Big Grin

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

(19-05-2023, 11:09 PM)Manthink Wrote:  My question is why your little pet peeve with SG Gov seems to prevent you from appreciating Chew's personal success in a global coy, which has clearly done SGreans proud, in a politically-challenged industry ?  Big Grin

Haha.. trying to put words in my mouth. Never I have ever say I don't appreciate Chew's personal success, or done sinkie land proud. I only say he is qualified to run from EP based on current EP criteria.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps

(20-05-2023, 08:21 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Haha.. trying to put words in my mouth. Never I have ever say I don't appreciate Chew's personal success, or done sinkie land proud. I only say he is qualified to run from EP based on current EP criteria.

Far from it - I am putting across as an assumption. - Sad that you yet again fail to read my comment carefully
And speaking of being careful - Chew's position both as a SGreans and CEO of a coy that now being targeted by Western gov, is FAR FAR more challenging than any being a President of SG.  Problem is the being considered "Qualified" everyone has an opinion.

So does Chew even want to be candidate of EP ? Folks with gov experience like George Yeo avoid its...

Hell, even Chew's CEO positioned by Western media.

(22-05-2023, 09:58 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Far from it - I am putting across as an assumption. - Sad that you yet again fail to read my comment carefully
And speaking of being careful - Chew's position both as a SGreans and CEO of a coy that now being targeted by Western gov, is FAR FAR more challenging than any being a President of SG.  Problem is the being considered "Qualified" everyone has an opinion.

So does Chew even want to be candidate of EP ? Folks with gov experience like George Yeo avoid its...

Hell, even Chew's CEO positioned by Western media.

Sad to say you again fail to read my comment. But nevermind, enough being said. If chew willing to come out to run for EP, great. If he doesn't, then we all suck thumb and see another walkover.

(23-05-2023, 11:43 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Sad to say you again fail to read my comment. But nevermind, enough being said. If chew willing to come out to run for EP, great. If he doesn't, then we all suck thumb and see another walkover.

Nothing to be sad about lah since u fail to appreciate nor accept 2 FACTS;

1. EP is not just another I-like-that-person-so-you-go-be-candidate" exercise.
2. Chew has succeeded not because of politics but he has put politicians to shame.

Big Grin

(23-05-2023, 01:32 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Nothing to be sad about lah since u fail to appreciate nor accept 2 FACTS;

1. EP is not just another I-like-that-person-so-you-go-be-candidate" exercise.
2. Chew has succeeded not because of politics but he has put politicians to shame.

Big Grin

If we accept the so call fact as it is, then why are ppl here still kao pehing. might as well follow OYK and be pap supporter and say yes to everything..

Pay and Pay only recognize/provide high paying jobs for Retired SAF Generals and those from India.

"Global" my lampar lah!
He is just a pawn of the bloody CCP China.

(23-05-2023, 06:41 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  If we accept the so call fact as it is, then why are ppl here still kao pehing. might as well follow OYK and be pap supporter and say yes to everything..

I not sure anyone here is "kao pehing" abt SGreans succeeding overseas...And that is a FACT Big Grin

https://mustsharenews.com/tiktok-ceo-vivocity/
Cool 

(25-05-2023, 01:34 AM)Manthink Wrote:  I not sure anyone here is "kao pehing" abt SGreans succeeding overseas...And that is a FACT Big Grin
As usual, loved to put words in my mouth, but I have enough fun with you, so you can put in all the words you want... nudie

(25-05-2023, 10:12 PM)ArielCaspe Wrote:  As usual, loved to put words in my mouth, but I have enough fun with you, so you can put in all the words you want... nudie

On the contrary,  I was complementing your story telling by borrowing your words "kao pehing" with the FACT that no one here is complaining about SGreans succeeding overseas...  Perhaps from that POV, you accept Chew has made SGrean proud more than current president of SG .

[Image: biggrin.png]

(25-05-2023, 03:57 AM)twinkle07 Wrote:  https://mustsharenews.com/tiktok-ceo-vivocity/

Chew is as True-Blue a SGrean as any responsible family man would like to be... in some ways he has become a local celebrity and a hero to many Chinese...thanks to that US Committee YES/NO show in Washington DC...Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

Chew appear on TED talk April when he touched on why TikTok's algorithm is different from other social media (FB, IG etc) by focusing on individual user's cross-interests rather than social-graph based which has shown to ferment division.

https://www.ted.com/talks/shou_chew_tikt...ifferent/c

He is the pride of all Chinese in the world. PRCs, Taiwanese are all proud of him and his mastery of Mandarin and English. His composure and confidence facing a roomful of hostile and unreasonable people

(14-06-2023, 11:15 AM)Harry Lee Wrote:  He is the pride of all Chinese in the world. PRCs, Taiwanese are all proud of him and his mastery of Mandarin and English. His composure and confidence facing a roomful of hostile and unreasonable people

Less than a year after last Mar 2023 American lawmakers and Senators insinuating Chew for being a "CCP" agent and asked damn questions like whether TikTok "needs Wi-Fi"....

I am curious how Taiwanese view Americans gov having witness how a SGrean civilian stood up against repeated and unwarranted accusations and attacks at the US capital so early in 2024. 

Big Grin

https://www.tiktok.com/@cnetdotcom/video...7502571818

All these senators and their scripted questions ... dunnoe they got ask their own people if it sounds right during their rehearsals...

(02-02-2024, 11:13 AM)red3 Wrote:  All these senators and their scripted questions ... dunnoe they got ask their own people if it sounds right during their rehearsals...

I am awaiting for some SGtalkers to accuse SGrean Chew for being a "Wumao"...who happened to serve +2years of NS. Big Grin

[Image: 641b3fec56b81400187a541e?width=750&forma...&auto=webp]

(14-12-2022, 11:35 PM)Niubee Wrote:  He bought a GCB at Queen Astrid Park. 70 millions... sibei rich.
Company come out half 35m.

If Chew looks like a Chinaman, then that Cotton looks like Russian.
He thinks Singapore is a Province of China and Taiwan is an Independent country. 
US  jokers.

Aiya same pattern as the "usual suspects" in edmw...

Use irrelevant allegations to accuse and deflect for their lack of substance...

If all else fails, press report button and PM mods... Tongue

Pak too much mRNA with no regrets or pretend no regrets is like that one... Tongue

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth” – Buddha.
[Image: https://i.ibb.co/0hWSqby/wednesday-quote.jpg]

(24-03-2023, 12:53 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  How come our politicians no back him up? All diam diam one.  Big Grin

They cannot hold up their heads with him

(23-05-2023, 07:16 PM)Plow98 Wrote:  "Global" my lampar lah!
He is just a pawn of the bloody CCP China.
Yes. You have a good point to note...LOL. Rotfl

(25-05-2023, 03:57 AM)twinkle07 Wrote:  https://mustsharenews.com/tiktok-ceo-vivocity/
Tee noted, thk have a good day.
[Image: IMG-20240202-WA0006.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20240205-WA0001.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20240206-WA0000.jpg]

(14-12-2022, 04:02 PM)Manthink Wrote:  And yes, he is a True Blue 40 yr old Singaporean.  Wink

https://youtu.be/EE5Pcz99JFI

CCP supporter lah! Big Grin

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/tik...-was-doing

Amdk arse lickers stooge’s you don't know meh your daddies become laughing stock LMAO

[Image: Screenshot-20240202-130947.jpg]

(06-02-2024, 11:51 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  CCP supporter lah! Big Grin

SG is the largest FDI in the world's largest "Communist" country.

Does that make SG a "Communist" country ?

I am not surprise chatbot cheekopekman can be as dumb as Tom Cotton. Big Grin

(06-02-2024, 01:26 PM)Manthink Wrote:  SG is the largest FDI in the world's largest "Communist" country.

Does that make SG a "Communist" country ?

I am not surprise chatbot cheekopekman can be as dumb as Tom Cotton. Big Grin

I will never support CCP one lah! Big Grin NEVER lah!

(06-02-2024, 01:42 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I will never support CCP one lah! Big Grin NEVER lah!

I am not surprise chatbot cheekopekman can be as politically dumb as Tom Cotton. [Image: biggrin.png]