US's $31 trillion Gov Debt Ceiling is about to get "better"...
Cool 

....Provided US up their debt ceiling by printing more USD and then exporting it to you when your gov buys US bonds. Big Grin

The Treasury Department says the government could run out of money and default on payments on its US$31 trillion (S$41.7 trillion) debt as early as June 1 if Congress, where Republicans control the House of Representatives, does not authorise more borrowing.

[Image: 1505.jpeg]

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/unite...acceptable

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

An 8 Years old warning and is getting "better" in every passing years as US exports its debt to YOU, whether you like it or not.
Blame Russia for your inflation ? Think again. 
Big Grin

2015 America, you should spend the money you borrow on things that create real value. Invest in both physical and human capital. Build bridges and roads. Create the best education system in the world. Create the best healthcare system in the world. Develop new ways of capturing and storing the free abundant energy that is available to us from the sun, the wind, and the sea. Invest in technologies that will bring people long life, health, and prosperity. 

https://theweek.com/articles/455261/amer...xport-debt

Trump has ordered his Freedom Caucus in the Congress to go for a default because it will guarantee his election win when the exonkmy collapse under Biden.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(22-05-2023, 05:08 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Trump has ordered his Freedom Caucus in the Congress to go for a default because it will guarantee his election win when the exonkmy collapse under Biden.

I am not surprised - You think like Trump - Long before before his presidency,  the US financial system were in serious trouble during the 2008 Financial Crisis.
The Chinese came to help US by not dumping US treasury bond (aka US debt). Until to day  US MSM nor politicans dare to admit this - And yes I need to quote from the Global Times to tell you this FACT...

Now tell me how the Chinese feel now ?

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1170724.shtml

(22-05-2023, 05:08 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Trump has ordered his Freedom Caucus in the Congress to go for a default because it will guarantee his election win when the exonkmy collapse under Biden.

Do you see the problems with UAss democracy system?    

People are willing to destroy the country just for the sake of personal gains.    

And in case some dimwits in SGTalk label me a "wumao" for quoting from GT...

NYT (Oct. 22, 2008)
U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson on Tuesday praised China's cooperation in taming global financial turmoil and urged the next U.S. president to continue an active economic dialogue with Beijing. In his first major speech on China in two months, Paulson said he has held useful and constructive discussions with the Chinese vice premier, Wang Qishan, on the turmoil rocking global markets. "It is clear that China accepts its responsibility as a major world economy that will work with the United States and other partners to ensure global economic stability," Paulson said to the National Committee on U.S.-China Relations in New York.

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/22/busin...55092.html

During 2007-8 Wall St crisis, ex-Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson visited China several times and met senior officials including Hu, seeking China confidence not to dump US securities...to protect US economy from crashing.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcfWOxNAvRfo0pPq4Lh8P...M&usqp=CAU]

The U.S. holds USD that are used worldwide…when it is short of money, they print more and then sell bonds to other countries

(22-05-2023, 05:37 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  The U.S. holds USD that are used worldwide…when it is short of money, they print more and then sell bonds to other countries

That is why I am in poverty now by simply ordering Hainan chicken rice  and Hokkien mee Angry

Today everyone can see US only care for itself - Who would trust US gov and USD now ?

(22-05-2023, 05:40 PM)Manthink Wrote:  That is why I am in poverty now by simply ordering Hainan chicken rice  and Hokkien mee  Angry

Today everyone can see US only care for itself - Who would trust US gov and USD now ?

All the little brothers get nothing from supporting the US global interests

(22-05-2023, 05:47 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  All the little brothers get nothing from supporting the zUS global interests

Not just get nothing. They are bleeding!

(22-05-2023, 04:51 PM)Manthink Wrote:  An 8 Years old warning and is getting "better" in every passing years as US exports its debt to YOU, whether you like it or not.
Blame Russia for your inflation ? Think again. 
Big Grin

2015 America, you should spend the money you borrow on things that create real value. Invest in both physical and human capital. Build bridges and roads. Create the best education system in the world. Create the best healthcare system in the world. Develop new ways of capturing and storing the free abundant energy that is available to us from the sun, the wind, and the sea. Invest in technologies that will bring people long life, health, and prosperity. 

https://theweek.com/articles/455261/amer...xport-debt

Defence budget $800 B.
[+] 1 user Likes Blin's post

(22-05-2023, 05:48 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Not just get nothing. They are bleeding!

Uncle Sam offers them security but must pay ransom of billions per year…the U.S. behaves like a gangster at night market every stall must pay ransom to the gangster for protection so that it can continue doing business there, if not the stall will be destroyed and is we will be thrown out.

If bond interest 5% interest of 31 Trillion.
It will be 1.5 Trillion interest. Rotfl

Their earning unable to cover their spending.
How to sustain?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Dont be blinded by debt ceiling limit increase.
It is no different, they are unable to service their debt.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(22-05-2023, 06:17 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Dont be blinded by debt ceiling limit increase.

Can sell Alaska to China!  Laughing

(22-05-2023, 06:17 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Dont be blinded by debt ceiling limit increase.

This is so true - Western MSM likes to feed American addiction to debt and spending like a TV series.

People either got bored with that and simply ignore it - That is the danger as US debt can be exported to YOU and your CHILDREN..