US 'won't tolerate' China's ban on Micron chips: Raimondo

These "target a single U.S. company without any basis in fact, and we see it as plain and simple economic coercion and we won't tolerate it, nor do we think it will be successful."

The United States "won't tolerate" China's effective ban on purchases of Micron Technology memory chips and is working closely with allies to address such "economic coercion," U.S. Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo said on Saturday.

"The investments in the CHIPS Act are to strengthen and bolster our domestic production of semiconductors. Having said that, we welcome participation from companies that are in IPEF countries, you know, so we expect that companies from Japan, Korea, Singapore, etc, will participate in the CHIPS Act funding," Raimondo said.

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/world/2...51827.html

US 's gangsterism.
They can do to others, but others cannot do to them. 
Times have changed. 
They did that to China previously, China had no choice but took it quietly. 
Now China is strong so they will reciprocate. 
So who got bigger muscles.
[+] 2 users Like Migrant's post

USA also banning tiktok because it access the home wifi.

(28-05-2023, 10:00 AM)mikotan Wrote:  USA also banning tiktok because it access the home wifi.

Assmerica banned and sanctioned Huawei from every angle!
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

...... so we expect that companies from Japan, Korea, Singapore, etc, will participate in the CHIPS Act funding

So trying to rob money from Sg?  Angry

Tsmc and Apple will be next.

(28-05-2023, 10:00 AM)mikotan Wrote:  USA also banning tiktok because it access the home wifi.

Funniest! US and it's lapdogs in this forum are laughing stocks like their clown puppet Zelenskyy!

(28-05-2023, 10:01 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  Assmerica banned and sanctioned Huawei from every angle!

And many more Chinese companies  ... yet when Micron is sanctioned by China US kpkb! 

The very excuse they accuse Chinese companies are doing when China uses the same tactics these angmos unashamedly accuse China of irrational sanction ...
[+] 1 user Likes sporeguy's post

(28-05-2023, 10:01 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  Assmerica banned and sanctioned Huawei from every angle!

And many more Chinese companies  ... yet when Micron is sanctioned by China US kpkb! 

The very excuse they accuse Chinese companies are doing when China uses the same tactics these angmos unashamedly accuse China of irrational sanction ...

Now China ban will make USA companies and Govt wake up.

China Govt distribute Micron pie to Chinese companies.

Smile

...when a Bully cannot "tolerate" being bullied.

Big Grin

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

Ban ban ban.. then all these companies come sinkie land and create jobs for the local, hopefully.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(28-05-2023, 10:26 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Tsmc and Apple will be next.

Tesla too, as its on board camera can pose a national security threat. Military convoy/vehicles movement and deployment during wartime can be captured. Even if not banned, its onboard software should be audited too to make sure there are no back doors that will allow hackers to control the vehicle remotely for sabotage purposes (eg a Kamikaze car).

And US is good at doing pump n dump. The banning of Chinese products into US and European markets is one such act.
Likewise for the shifting of factories out from China to neighbouring countries.
Doing so is a form of economic war that will create a surge in unemployment.

I suspect the next big factory to shift could be Tesla as it now has a electric motor design that doesn't need the rare earth metal neomydium.
For batteries it can easily switch to Korean or Japanese brands.

Tesla Will Pick a New Factory Site. It Could Follow in Apple’s Footsteps.
https://www.barrons.com/articles/tesla-f...k-e4e2d987

Only US can sanction hundreds of Chinese firms and China not allowed to sanction a US tech firm.  

US behaves like gangster.    

(28-05-2023, 12:41 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Ban ban ban.. then all these companies come sinkie land and create jobs for the local, hopefully.

Micron has fab factory in Sg for many years liao. 

Now China not buying the products!

This Gina Raimondo has man's face, her eye-brow so thick?
[+] 1 user Likes Pass-by's post

(02-06-2023, 01:55 AM)Pass-by Wrote:  This Gina Raimondo has man's face, her eye-brow so thick?

Laughter-13
[+] 1 user Likes CHAOS's post