Were you caned growing up? Do you cane your children now?

Were you caned growing up? Do you cane your children now?

We need to let go of deeply rooted personal and societal beliefs about physical discipline, this writer says. Read the commentary: https://cna.asia/3Nhdw1z
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

严父出孝子,慈母多败儿。

I caned my children when they misbehaved themselves before secondary school. 
Now occasionally still scold them if they give attitude problem.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

Me never kena canned by parents not sure how is the pain.

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

No need to cane. Make them stand at one corner for some time will do the trick.

(30-04-2023, 12:17 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  No need to cane. Make them stand at one corner for some time will do the trick.

I think you dont have children.  Thinking

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

I was occasionally caned and became very adept at dodging flying missiles (slippers, eggs etc) from my dad.  I think it was his way of saying I love you, son Laughing

Well... of course I let his tradition carry on.... in the early years Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(30-04-2023, 12:20 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  I was occasionally caned and became very adept at dodging flying missiles (slippers, eggs etc) from my dad.  I think it was his way of saying I love you, son Laughing

Eggs? Wasted can eat.lol

☝️

(30-04-2023, 12:18 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  I think you dont have children.  Thinking

I have. I don believe in caning because it will sow their hatred towards me.
[+] 2 users Like pinkpanther's post

(30-04-2023, 12:21 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Eggs? Wasted can eat.lol

In that case, he wasted many eggs Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like p1acebo's post

(30-04-2023, 12:23 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  I have. I don believe in caning because it will sow their hatred towards me.

I asked my kids to stand at 1 corner. 
He would tell me. My urine wants to come out already. Rotfl

Father must be strict in order to teach children to be well behaved and disciplined.

(30-04-2023, 12:25 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  I asked my kids to stand at 1 corner. 
He would tell me. My urine wants to come out already. Rotfl

Father must be strict in order to teach children to be well behaved and disciplined.
Through standing you can observe their behavior. My kid can stand but mouth must grumble abit here and there.

Caning and other unethical punishments many years ago when you were a kid (Part 1)

https://www.domainofexperts.com/2014/11/...ments.html

Caning and other unethical punishments many years ago when you were a kid (Part 2)

https://www.domainofexperts.com/2014/11/...ts_21.html

(30-04-2023, 12:15 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Me never kena canned by parents not sure how is the pain.

That is why you behaved like that at this age

(30-04-2023, 12:09 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Were you caned growing up? Do you cane your children now?
We need to let go of deeply rooted personal and societal beliefs about physical discipline, this writer says. Read the commentary: https://cna.asia/3Nhdw1z

Woke-Culture coming near you - on CNA. Big Grin

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

That caning method is almost extinct.
Now it's reasoning with the children when you want to teach them something. 
Look into their eyes and send your message. It works.

My generation's cohort all were caned pain pain by our parents.  We skool boys have since grown up to be senior lawyers, surgeons, doctors, dentists, senior prisons and army officers.  Some are/were CEOs or C levels in large govt organisations, skool principals, large companies senior mgt etc. (censored the more sensitive organisations).  And I am only talking just of my own secondary skool.

Didn't affect us much the caning Big Grin

Only I sweep floor as my occupation Sad

(30-04-2023, 01:45 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  My generation's cohort all were caned pain pain by our parents.  We skool boys have since grown up to be senior lawyers, surgeons, doctors, dentists, senior prisons and army officers.  Some are/were CEOs or C levels in large govt organisations, skool principals, large companies senior mgt etc. (censored the more sensitive organisations).  And I am only talking just of my own secondary skool.

Didn't affect us much the caning Big Grin

If dun cane maybe will become presidents and prime ministers.

Smile
last time those go Public canning in School feel like a " hero ". While walking up the stage.

still remember my class mate wear many layers of underwear.

(30-04-2023, 01:57 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  If dun cane maybe will become presidents and prime ministers.

If dun cane most probably become strawberries Big Grin

Some dogs are afraid of cane and hate it very much. If dun keep it properly, they'll bite and chew it into pieces

(30-04-2023, 12:09 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Were you caned growing up? Do you cane your children now?

Sure got one lah! Big Grin You no got meh?  Thinking
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(30-04-2023, 02:40 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Some dogs are afraid of cane and hate it very much. If dun keep it properly, they'll bite and chew it into pieces

Spare the rod spoil the kid lah! Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like cheekopekman's post

I was caned everyday by my own grandma

Because I had to look after my grandson's favourite grandson who was only 3 years young than me

that fatso boy cousin needs me to feed, pat him to sleep etc

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 3 users Like Ola's post

(30-04-2023, 01:14 PM)dynamite Wrote:  That is why you behaved like that at this age

Don’t be an idiot after u kena canned by your parents !

☝️

unethical meh? if do major wrong still sayang sayang?
Of course it also depends conduct of the parents.

(30-04-2023, 12:23 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  In that case, he wasted many eggs Laughing

Got 1 kena hit by ckt no wonder eats ckt everyday take revenge😄

☝️

(30-04-2023, 05:14 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Got 1 kena hit by ckt no wonder eats ckt everyday take revenge😄

Rotfl

[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

If you dun discipline, cane or properly bring up your children …. a good chance they will be influence into a faggy gay

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like Tangsen's post

(30-04-2023, 04:35 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Don’t be an idiot after u kena canned by your parents !

Caned is not "canned" lah! Big Grin Your parents won't put you inside a can lah!