Why is our garmen so sensitive of the term ah bu neh? Anything wrong?

(17-10-2022, 03:51 AM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  Govt should look into the problems they made that eventually resulted in this unhappiness rather than evade it.

They cook up excuse to camouflage their bad policy.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

the million dollar qurstion is
what is the F u cking FOOking obsession with a certain country????????????????

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html
[+] 1 user Likes wendychan's post

(16-10-2022, 07:34 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  When we were younger we can make fun of all our races in sg without being politically correct Big Grin

Last time when I was a small boy my parents used to say to me, "Wait that black black one ApuNehNeh come and catch you ah!" Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like cheekopekman's post

(17-10-2022, 11:56 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Last time when I was a small boy my parents used to say to me, "Wait that black black one ApuNehNeh come and catch you ah!" Big Grin

catch you for what purpose? to make bridges?

Called them Tam Bi (brother in their language, kum gong in hokkien)

I was sad when i don't have a pair of new shoes, until i saw someone with no feet...

(17-10-2022, 12:06 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  catch you for what purpose? to make bridges?

That's 1 way to scare me for not obeying my parents lah! Last time Police wearing khaki shorts were usually Bayi Singhs wearing turbans riding those metal bicycles carrying big sticks one mah! Big Grin

(17-10-2022, 09:06 AM)wendychan Wrote:  the million dollar qurstion is
what is the F u cking FOOking obsession with a certain country????????????????

LKY’s miraculous success has inadvertently dimmed down the prince’s desire to do another Singapore legend which we all know is impossible. To create another Singapore Way by riding on India Way could be the only life line left for him thus resorting to clinging it over again.

(17-10-2022, 12:14 PM)roguetrader Wrote:  Called them Tam Bi (brother in their language, kum gong in hokkien)

Tam bi refers to love boy. Don't anyhow call.

(17-10-2022, 11:56 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Last time when I was a small boy my parents used to say to me, "Wait that black black one ApuNehNeh come and catch you ah!" Big Grin

LOL......... fond memories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[+] 1 user Likes wendychan's post

(17-10-2022, 12:42 PM)Clyde Wrote:  Tam bi refers to love boy. Don't anyhow call
remember my mom  calliing the guys from Packir Mohammed magazine shop this..
they were never offeended ...

(17-10-2022, 12:42 PM)Clyde Wrote:  Tam bi refers to love boy. Don't anyhow call.

Tambi means younger brother lah.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(17-10-2022, 12:55 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Tambi means younger brother lah.

My ex-colleague has a tam bi in his name. Other Indian laughed at him. Love boy is what they told me.

(17-10-2022, 12:59 PM)Clyde Wrote:  My ex-colleague has a tam bi in his name. Other Indian laughed at him. Love boy is what they told me.

Dunno about the above but in sg normally the below applies Big Grin

elder brother = annan
younger brother = thambi
elder sister = akka
younger sister = thangachi

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(17-10-2022, 01:09 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Dunno about the above but in sg normally the below applies Big Grin

elder brother = annan
younger brother = thambi
elder sister = akka
younger  sister = thangachi
These are Tamil where I am familiar. The CECA dun understand these because they speak Urdu I think. ... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(17-10-2022, 02:17 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  These are Tamil where I am familiar. The CECA dun understand these because they speak Urdu I think. ... Big Grin

Maybe Hindi?  Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(17-10-2022, 01:09 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Dunno about the above but in sg normally the below applies Big Grin

elder brother = annan
younger brother = thambi
elder sister = akka
younger  sister = thangachi

(17-10-2022, 02:17 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  These are Tamil where I am familiar. The CECA dun understand these because they speak Urdu I think. ... Big Grin

You never watch Vasantham meh?  Thinking
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

I prefer to dance around coconut trees with ahneh meimei Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(17-10-2022, 05:41 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  I prefer to dance around coconut trees with ahneh meimei Big Grin

This one best...... Rotfl

Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

They protect CECA whereas BAN our Locals talent director work

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...or-3011331

[Image: FE2-C338-D-B4-E4-4390-BA1-B-CEF209-C57735.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

I think the director wanted it to be banned so that more folks who are curious will want to go watch it.

(15-10-2022, 02:23 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  My neighbour’s three yo son was enrolled in a certain garmen preschool child care
One day he and his wife were summoned urgently to see the school matron
Found out that the pre school is complaining that the son insisted on calling his Indian child care mate ah bu neh
When the teacher tries to correct him, the boy said at home his grandma refer to Indians ah bu neh
School matron wanted the parents to correct his son 
But my neighbour said, is nothing wrong
Ah bu neh means brother 
Besides what they did at home is none of school business
And besides how to tell his mother and all old folks not to refer to Indians as ABN
Few days later, he received an official letter telling him to ask his son to stop doing that or else he may have to leave the pre school

Walau, you guys so san, can give names some more
Okay la, to prove that this is not fake news
I tell you the preschool name is “something something” Sparkle.....
And it is in Bukit Merah/Queenstown area
The point my neighbour is trying to make is
For ages, and years the old folks and senior citizens generation have been calling these people ah neh, apu neh neh, kekling etc, 
Many many times, even openly, in markets, workplace, shops, playgrounds 
And they said there’s hardly any concern it would cause a racial riot
So, why is the garmen, or this garmen linked preschool is so sensitive about it
To the point of insisting the parents educate the child not to use the term

(17-10-2022, 02:52 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  You never watch Vasantham meh?  Thinking

No, because nothing much to see.  Everything also dark dark black black Big Grin

My first impression of ahnehs were that they were big strong friendly I think from watching the ad Chung Khiaw Bank.  Then after that that their main occupation were selling kachang puteh Big Grin

(17-10-2022, 02:52 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  You never watch Vasantham meh?  Thinking
No, I afraid my TV spoil. ..... Big Grin

Carl Jung

Just realized Sgtalk also quite racist Big Grin

aso got heard ppl said round one cannot take 圆的不能拿

There is a " famous quote and yes should be racism quote " interesting the Thai , even Pinoy said the same.

" that is , when you see ABNN and Snake which one you settle first ? "

(17-10-2022, 06:54 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  There is a " famous quote and yes should be racism quote " interesting the Thai , even Pinoy said the same.

" that is , when you see ABNN and Snake which one you settle first ? "

I answer this before
I said, let the snake bite the abnn 
Then you killed the snake
Sure nobody can brand you as racist