Why people renovate their HDB ?

end of the day You don't tactically own it.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

To create jobs for renovating sector? Thinking

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(16-11-2022, 01:41 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  To create jobs for renovating sector? Thinking

Is kinda " irony "

renovated nice nice but how much time you spend at home enjoy chilling ??

(16-11-2022, 01:44 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Is kinda " irony "

1/3 of life sleeping at home. 
Another few hours watching TV and doing routine activities.
So technically speaking shd be 14 hours a day if dont include weekend.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(16-11-2022, 01:44 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Is kinda " irony "

It is not ironical. Don’t you want to see a clean, nice and comfortable home after yr returning from yr hard day work? If yr home is filthy with many areas so run down, am sure you wil feel more stress and unrelaxed. It is alright if you can afford to renovate. If can, why not?
[+] 2 users Like Gemstar's post

(16-11-2022, 01:39 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  end of the day You don't tactically own it.

as long as you are using it for the next 20 years, it is worthwhile to spend the money.
[+] 1 user Likes drgn's post

But problem now is renovation is unlike the past , which skillful workers involve with REAL Quality building materials

Now reno works is like " half past six one " Look at the BTO flat even our HDB one already show u

Nice home is a happy home

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(16-11-2022, 02:25 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Nice home is a happy home

is BS rah lol ,

Even you stay in Mega Landed house with ultra luxury reno don't means the family is happy always either.

Is always " tricky " come Family matters this is why people say " Every Family got their own problems even the rich ones "

(16-11-2022, 01:39 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  end of the day You don't tactically own it.
Enjoy the present and let yr joy rolls on forever.

Now more people WFH or on hybrid basis. The difference between good renovation versus bad is much more important.

(16-11-2022, 02:19 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  But problem now is renovation is unlike the past , which skillful workers involve with REAL Quality building materials

Now reno works is like " half past six one " Look at the BTO flat even our HDB one already show u

Now it is about maximum profit lah. Rotfl
人性是贪婪的。

But one stayed in it during that time. For me, I spent an average of around 20(?) hours a day at home during a year since I, er, 'retired'.

So a nice environment would be good. I have been enjoying my new home for more than a decade. Still great since I maintained it well.

(16-11-2022, 02:34 PM)Levin Wrote:  . I have been enjoying my new home for more than a decade. Still great since I maintained it well.

it is not possible to enjoy "new" home for more than a decade.

new for a week or so, the most still can call "new" after a month.

more than a year, definitly not new anymore.

(16-11-2022, 02:56 PM)drgn Wrote:  it is not possible to enjoy "new" home for more than a decade.

more like " fashion trend " after you renovated having the so call " the coolest trend "
later you browse around other people renovate house and feel KNS so nicer than mine

(16-11-2022, 02:56 PM)drgn Wrote:  it is not possible to enjoy "new" home for more than a decade.

LOL. True, I was making a relative statement to my previous 2 homes. Should have said "latest" instead.

its for maid and to howlian to friends n relatives during CNY mah..

No one is
Immortal lives forever 
But your home is where your heart is
If dirty and smelly can you tolerate?
I think you can

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

Why do people live on this world, going to school, working hard every day to earn a living, to buy car, snd buy condo knowing they will be gone after 50-60 years?

(16-11-2022, 04:13 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  No one is
Immortal lives forever 
But your home is where your heart is
If dirty and smelly can you tolerate?
I think you can

Japanese couple enjoy their HDB flat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxKFx_boNu8
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(16-11-2022, 03:04 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  its for maid and to howlian to friends n relatives during CNY mah..

This is the general idea....... Clapping

As a third owner of my current place, I didn’t spend a lot in renovation as I know I won’t be staying till I die. So I use furniture, soft furnishings and colors to decorate and decide how I want to live in the next 10 years. All my visitors, including neighbours commented my place looks cosy  Big Grin

(16-11-2022, 05:57 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  As a third owner of my current place, I didn’t spend a lot in renovation as I know I won’t be staying till I die. So I use furniture, soft furnishings and colors to decorate and decide how I want to live in the next 10 years. All my visitors, including neighbours commented my place looks cosy  Big Grin

There is a trend " for some young gen " is literally nothing in their home. No renovation done.

Clothing only just a few pieces. I forget that " term " for it.

(16-11-2022, 04:15 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Why do people live on this world, going to school, working hard every day to earn a living, to buy car, snd buy condo knowing they will be gone after 50-60 years?

So call " pass down to kids lor " Ensure kids in future at least got some money standby but well now a days kids also hard to say.

This is why some rich family NEVER pass down their asset to their kids, partly they want them earn themselves.

(16-11-2022, 02:13 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  It is not ironical. Don’t you want to see a clean, nice and comfortable home after yr returning from yr hard day work? If yr home is filthy with many areas so run down, am sure you wil feel more stress and unrelaxed. It is alright if you can afford to renovate. If can, why not?

Yes, if can afford then renovate it, with the help of interior designer........... Clapping

actually last time got one article many many years back

Maid claim enjoy the large house at Sentosa coven as owners hardly at home either on business trips or most of the time outside.

Simple designs and decor can looks nice for a very long time. More important is to maintain yr house tidy and clean.