Why the old SGTalk went down?

(17-07-2021, 10:35 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  Could be one or all below:

1. ah gao's antivax posts
2. ah kok's threats to shut it down
3. ah goat's post about hc salary

How about you?  Did you post anything to cause the forum to shut?  Or were you as innocent as a new born baby?

Someone told me you wrote a post in Chinese and told Ah Gao to 加油。

(17-07-2021, 10:23 AM)drgn Wrote:  
(17-07-2021, 10:15 AM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  
(17-07-2021, 10:15 AM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  I hope the new moderators and admin here do not follow the old sgtalk mod and admin.
Must be firm and hard.

If not, this site also will be going to shut down by them.

This site will soon be shut down if you continue to post bad things about CECA.

Just because you work for one CECA, and not happy, you come to sgtalk and talk bad about all CECA.

If you think that he is bad. why join the company?

Think again, if he is bad, why the company wants to appoint him leadership position.  You think the company is run by goondoo ?
This is very serious.  Posting racist comments is a no-no.  P1ashtibo also posted a few times about ceca, intending to insult Indians..

(17-07-2021, 10:59 AM)Oyk Wrote:  
(17-07-2021, 10:15 AM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  I hope the new moderators and admin here do not follow the old sgtalk mod and admin.
Must be firm and hard.

Just because you work for one CECA, and not happy, you come to sgtalk and talk bad about all CECA.

Think again, if he is bad, why the company wants to appoint him leadership position.  You think the company is run by goondoo ?
This is very serious.  Posting racist comments is a no-no.  P1ashtibo also posted a few times about ceca, intending to insult Indians..

Ha ha ha... Good morning Yanghua........ Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(17-07-2021, 10:47 AM)Oyk Wrote:  

How about you?  Did you post anything to cause the forum to shut?  Or were you as innocent as a new born baby?

Someone told me you wrote a post in Chinese and told Ah Gao to 加油。

ah hua, that's not me lah, there are many imitators around. remember I'm robert

why so angery whenever hc salary was mentioned?

Hope alleggs totally ok and not implicated. He has been kind and nice to provide forum for us all these years.

Hope he finds his way here to chat.

Must be firm and hard.

I don't agree with your last statement. Sure, companies may not be run by goondus, but many of them do not have a good sense if the person they employ is a talent. Many cecas and sinkies I know, they move up by jumping from one place to another, not because they are good, but because they can bullsh*t. The new company doesn't know exactly what the other guy has done in the old company, but recruited him on account of his supposed talent. When paper cannot wrap the fire, the guy will jump ship to another company that is equally ignorant of this person. This can play on for years until the person's retirement. 

I have seen people who are totally crap in engineering move up to become very senior managers but with no idea what engineering is about.

(17-07-2021, 11:11 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I don't agree with your last statement. Sure, companies may not be run by goondus, but many of them do not have a good sense if the person they employ is a talent. Many cecas and sinkies I know, they move up by jumping from one place to another, not because they are good, but because they can bullsh*t. The new company doesn't know exactly what the other guy has done in the old company, but recruited him on account of his supposed talent. When paper cannot wrap the fire, the guy will jump ship to another company that is equally ignorant of this person. This can play on for years until the person's retirement. 

I have seen people who are totally crap in engineering move up to become very senior managers but with no idea what engineering is about.

Sure such a thing had happened.  And more, like people bluffing what their real salary was.  If they are earning $3000 a month, they write $3600, and ask for $4000..  If the employer counters with $3800, they will pretend to be a little disappointed, but (gladly) accept.  And there are also people who worked 8 months in a company but bluffed that they were there for 2 and a half years.... Big Grin

It is for the superior in charge to appraise if the new hire can pass his probationary period, or to extend it, OR tell him to leave.  In fact, Employment Letters are written in such a way that you can even fire someone before his three/six months' probation is up, and under the law, you don't have to give any reason.  So, if by the end of say one and a half weeks, you think you have given the new hire a second, third and fourth chance and enuf is enuf, he simply cannot perform, then it's out he goes.

If he can fool you to pass his probation and work for 8 months before job hopping again, then the person who should be fired is you. Tongue

(17-07-2021, 11:11 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  
(17-07-2021, 10:23 AM)drgn Wrote:  This site will soon be shut down if you continue to post bad things about CECA.

I don't agree with your last statement. Sure, companies may not be run by goondus, but many of them do not have a good sense if the person they employ is a talent. Many cecas and sinkies I know, they move up by jumping from one place to another, not because they are good, but because they can bullsh*t. The new company doesn't know exactly what the other guy has done in the old company, but recruited him on account of his supposed talent. When paper cannot wrap the fire, the guy will jump ship to another company that is equally ignorant of this person. This can play on for years until the person's retirement. 

Thanks for agreeing my first few statements.   Big Grin

(17-07-2021, 11:38 AM)Oyk Wrote:  
(17-07-2021, 11:11 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I don't agree with your last statement. Sure, companies may not be run by goondus, but many of them do not have a good sense if the person they employ is a talent. Many cecas and sinkies I know, they move up by jumping from one place to another, not because they are good, but because they can bullsh*t. The new company doesn't know exactly what the other guy has done in the old company, but recruited him on account of his supposed talent. When paper cannot wrap the fire, the guy will jump ship to another company that is equally ignorant of this person. This can play on for years until the person's retirement. 

Sure such a thing had happened.  And more, like people bluffing what their real salary was.  If they are earning $3000 a month, they write $3600, and ask for $4000..  If the employer counters with $3800, they will pretend to be a little disappointed, but (gladly) accept.  And there are also people who worked 8 months in a company but bluffed that they were there for 2 and a half years.... Big Grin

It is for the superior in charge to appraise if the new hire can pass his probationary period, or to extend it, OR tell him to leave.  In fact, Employment Letters are written in such a way that you can even fire someone before his three/six months' probation is up, and under the law, you don't have to give any reason.  So, if by the end of say one and a half weeks, you think you have given the new hire a second, third and fourth chance and enuf is enuf, he simply cannot perform, then it's out he goes.

If he can fool your to pass his probation and work for 8 months before job hopping again, then the person who should be fired is you. Tongue
You're talking about the rank and file, I'm talking about management level. You don't ask management level people to go after 8 months. Usually they'll be given 1 to 2 years, maybe even 3 years. Then he'll just hop on to the next unlucky company, based on his old glamourous title.

(17-07-2021, 11:39 AM)drgn Wrote:  

Thanks for agreeing my first few statements.   Big Grin

Admin really must watch out for racism posts.  Also antivaxx posts.

Using "CECA" to cast racist remarks on Indians will destroy our racial harmony.  This one is an ISA case.  

Antivaxx posts destroy our efforts at vaccinating as many people as possible and that is also destroying Singapore.

(17-07-2021, 11:59 AM)Oyk Wrote:  
(17-07-2021, 11:39 AM)drgn Wrote:  Thanks for agreeing my first few statements.   Big Grin

Admin really must watch out for racism posts.  Also antivaxx posts.

Using "CECA" to cast racist remarks on Indians will destroy our racial harmony.  This one is an ISA case.  

Antivaxx posts destroy our efforts at vaccinating as many people as possible and that is also destroying Singapore.

You know how to differentiate nationality and race?

The probationary period of management staff is usually six months.

By that time, the new hire would have attended enough HOD meetings....could be monthly, weekly or even daily.    Do you think you can bluff people for that long, if you are a fake Financial Controller, IT sexpert, engineer, HR Manager, you name it?

I am not even talking about two years.... Big Grin

(17-07-2021, 12:11 PM)Oyk Wrote:  The probationary period of management staff is usually six months.

By that time, the new hire would have attended enough HOD meetings....could be monthly, weekly or even daily.    Do you think you can bluff people for that long, if you are a fake Financial Controller, IT sexpert, engineer, HR Manager, you name it?

Of course got such people. I've seen plenty of them.

(17-07-2021, 12:02 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  
(17-07-2021, 11:59 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Admin really must watch out for racism posts.  Also antivaxx posts.

You know how to differentiate nationality and race?
Of course I know. And you also know, except that in the fashion of a true blue edmw oppie, you like to play fast and loose with the two words.  You think we don't know?   Big Grin

Please lar.  You are from HWZ, as if you don't know.  And you also know that the mods there are getting tough about this.

And after OYK (not me...I am Oyk with two small letters) clarified about CECA and there is precious little left for LMW to debate, if he still wants to, oppies @ HWZ are very dulan with him because now, they cannot post their racist posts.  If they CECA CECA, it means that they are stupid, cannot understand the sexplanations given in Parliament, but if they say they are not stupid, then they are admitting that all this while, they have been posting racism stuff.   Big Grin

So they are now stuck...mouth shut up, SEALED.  Cannot ceca! ceca!   Big Grin

And so they are very angry with OYK.  Cannot ceca ceca mah!   Big Grin

So what do you see in edmww?  They attack him over the KTV thing, blame him for it...twist and turn.  It's so obvious!  Lol!  Big Grin

(17-07-2021, 12:21 PM)Oyk Wrote:  
(17-07-2021, 12:02 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  You know how to differentiate nationality and race?
Of course I know. And you also know, except that in the fashion of a true blue edmw oppie, you like to play fast and loose with the two words.  You think we don't know?   Big Grin

Please lar.  You are from HWZ, as if you don't know.  And you also know that the mods there are getting tough about this.

And after OYK (not me...I am Oyk with two small letters) clarified about CECA and there is precious little left for LMW to debate, if he still wants to, oppies @ HWZ are very dulan with him because now, they cannot post their racist posts.  If they CECA CECA, it means that they are stupid, cannot understand the sexplanations given in Parliament, but if they say they are not stupid, then they are admitting that all this while, they have been posting racism stuff.   Big Grin

So they are now stuck...mouth shut up, SEALED.  Cannot ceca! ceca!   Big Grin

And so they are very angry with OYK.  Cannot ceca ceca mah!   Big Grin

So what do you see in edmww?  They attack him over the KTV thing, blame him for it...twist and turn.  It's so obvious!  Lol!  Big Grin

Don't be a dumbo. If we used "Indians" instead of ceca to refer to overseas Indians then that would have surely been taken very personally by our local Indians. So what you expect us to do?

(17-07-2021, 12:21 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  
(17-07-2021, 12:11 PM)Oyk Wrote:  The probationary period of management staff is usually six months.

HoDs report to  the CEO or General Manager or President.

Are you telling me that you have seen so many of such fakes fooling the CEO?

1.  You have a CEO who is a fool
2.  You have fakes working in finance, IT, Engineering, HR...managerial level

and this is a company run by a fool who was fooled by fakes, and it must compete with other companies for market share, to generate a certain ROI....and chances are that it will have some amount of leveraging, so it has to have the cash flow to service its monthly loan repayments or else the banks will foreclose it in no time.

Have you been working in companies which closed down, and been retrenched over and over huh?   Big Grin

(17-07-2021, 12:26 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  
(17-07-2021, 12:21 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Of course I know. And you also know.....................................

Don't be a dumbo. If we used "Indians" instead of ceca to refer to overseas Indians then that would have surely been taken very personally by our local Indians. So what you expect us to do?
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(17-07-2021, 12:21 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  

if so easy, why don't you do the same.  May be your pay is double now.

(17-07-2021, 09:53 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  I suspect it was due to the CECA debate where discussion got heated and caught fire. Suddenly many racist remarks appeared and even one MP was named as Shame. I guess Alleggs saw the fire burning and he gabra. So he quickly shut it down.for good before ISD kick open his door...... Big Grin

I concur with you. The racist remarks has gone out of control. Best is this CECA thingy should be ban from Sgtalk forum.

Agreed.

I am using my virgin post to say that I hope the new admins appoint a few reliable moderators and avoid the mistakes that alleggs made.

(17-07-2021, 12:34 PM)Oyk Wrote:  
(17-07-2021, 12:21 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Of course got such people. I've seen plenty of them.

and this is a company run by a fool who was fooled by fakes, and it must compete with other companies for market share, to generate a certain ROI....and chances are that it will have some amount of leveraging, so it has to have the cash flow to service its monthly loan repayments or else the banks will foreclose it in no time.

Have you been working in companies which closed down, and been retrenched over and over huh?   Big Grin

many pple oso say HC is engineer how to be a temasik ceo.

Big Grin

maybe temasik grow by luck one la..

harresment from pap?

(17-07-2021, 12:44 PM)drgn Wrote:  
(17-07-2021, 12:21 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Of course got such people. I've seen plenty of them.

if so easy, why don't you do the same.  May be your pay is double now.

Cannot talk as good as them lor.. that's what I've been saying right. U dunno how to read huh?

(17-07-2021, 12:34 PM)Oyk Wrote:  

You haven't see enuf, yanghua.

maybe Allegg doesn’t want to renew his licence before it expires.

(17-07-2021, 05:59 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  maybe Allegg doesn’t wang to renew his licence before it expires.

He must have his own reasons for doing that.
I think Talkingstock is it? Able to sms him for more details?

(17-07-2021, 02:09 PM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  

Agreed.

1.  Reddit - your post was removed by the mod and you were warned not to use abusive language
2.  Chalk TalkSg - your post was removed by the Admin
3.  This forum here - you were rebuked by a member called Aunty, and told by TS that your post was unacceptable.
4.  HWZ  you post as lchlch instead of H4H which you do in all other forums.  Any reason why you have to post as lchlch ah?  

The above pretty much summarises your forum conduct at four different forums.

Seems like you have a lot of issues wherever you go.. Laughing

PS:  I agree with drgn that you were the one who caused the old SgTalk to close down. You were one of them.  The others were those CCP IBs like the one you just "Agreed"

(28-07-2021, 10:44 PM)Oyk Wrote:  
(17-07-2021, 02:09 PM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  Agreed.

1.  Reddit - your post was removed by the mod and you were warned not to use abusive language
3.  This forum here - you were rebuked by a member called Aunty, and told by TS that your post was unacceptable.
4.  HWZ  you post as lchlch instead of H4H which you do in all other forums.  Any reason why you have to post as lchlch ah?  

Seems like you have a lot of issues wherever you go..  Laughing

PS:  I agree with drgn that you were the one who caused the old SgTalk to close down. You were one of them.  The others were those CCP IBs like the one you just "Agreed"

Have this nagging feeling that we crossed path in Middle Kingdom. Thinking

(28-07-2021, 10:44 PM)Oyk Wrote:  
(17-07-2021, 02:09 PM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  Agreed.

Seems like you have a lot of issues wherever you go..  Laughing

flower goat just came out from icu is it? one of the senior who'd full jabs?