Why this Pritam Singh kept bringing up English test

(22-04-2023, 09:56 AM)Migrant Wrote:  Your knowledge got problem

(22-04-2023, 10:06 AM)RichDad Wrote:  1st PM Malay??? Where are u from?

Yusof Ishak not PM meh?  Thinking

(22-04-2023, 10:08 AM)RichDad Wrote:  Yah, same here. Even Tharman is not suitable.

SG still need a Chinese PM especially since China is on the rise.
LMW is the most qualified, courageous and competent leadership with sinkee interest at heart

(22-04-2023, 10:08 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Yusof Ishak not PM meh?  Thinking

You go back to school and ask your history teacher lor!  Rotfl
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

(22-04-2023, 09:44 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  OK lah next GE lah! Big Grin Our 1st PM was a Malay leh!

挖烂也,不端星不可以当pm lah
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

President
dat why every other would get LKY looked over shoulder while he/she accepted
and Q-more white in color watched for the Pope Law of the sea
dat why sovereignty geger didn't stand a chance and was referred to woodenBridge
nowKunBoHoSai

https://i.ibb.co/r3YNpny/IMG-0347.gif

(22-04-2023, 10:14 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  You go back to school and ask your history teacher lor!  Rotfl

You will see Yusof Ishak's face on every dollar note liao lah! Big Grin 1st PM of SG lah!

(22-04-2023, 10:31 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  挖烂也,不端星不可以当pm lah

皮蛋腥 cannot meh?  Thinking

(22-04-2023, 10:08 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Yusof Ishak not PM meh?  Thinking

You exposed yourself who cannot tell PM and President.
If you say  Tunku Rahman. no one can say you are wrong
as that is when within Malaysia.
[+] 1 user Likes watchfirst9's post

(22-04-2023, 10:56 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  You exposed yourself who cannot tell PM and President.

You mean Yusof Ishak President meh?  Thinking

(22-04-2023, 07:44 AM)Clyde Wrote:  I think Pritam is out of touch with the society. There are many Chinese students in primary, secondary and university than CECA students. If these students apply for PR or citizenship, Singapore will be flooded with Chinese than CECA.

I think the WP under Pritam is against Chinese immigrants. Don't want too many Chinese race in Singapore.
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(22-04-2023, 10:50 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  You will see Yusof Ishak's face on every dollar note liao lah! Big Grin 1st PM of SG lah!

没知识 ,真可怕! Tongue

(22-04-2023, 10:59 AM)moonrab Wrote:  I think the WP under Pritam is against Chinese immigrants. Don't want too many Chinese race in Singapore.

Migrants of Chinese descent is needed to ensure the 76% race ratio as Chinese Sinkies aren’t producing enough to make that number. Pritam wants CECAs to flood Singapore and turn it into cecapore
[+] 1 user Likes aiptasia's post

(22-04-2023, 06:33 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Why not leh?  Thinking

Singapore is not ready to have an Indian PM..................... Big Grin

Singapore would collapse if it turned into cecapore

(22-04-2023, 10:58 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  You mean Yusof Ishak President meh?  Thinking

Yusof Ishak was never a PM of Singapore but was a Past President..........and his face is in every dollar note....... Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(22-04-2023, 10:50 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  You will see Yusof Ishak's face on every dollar note liao lah! Big Grin 1st PM of SG lah!

Lucky you never say Dr M is our first PM.

(22-04-2023, 11:15 AM)debono Wrote:  Yusof Ishak was never a PM of Singapore but was a Past President..........and his face is in every dollar note....... Big Grin

President different from Prime Minister meh?  Thinking I thought the same leh! Big Grin  Sorry lah!

I don't see anything wrong with his suggestion. People who can't speak or understand English will not be able to fully assimilate in SG society. Nowadays people don't live in kampong where you can avoid dealing with outsiders or govt matters etc

(22-04-2023, 01:35 PM)starbugs Wrote:  I don't see anything wrong with his suggestion. People who can't speak or understand English will not be able to fully assimilate in SG society. Nowadays people don't live in kampong where you can avoid dealing with outsiders or govt matters etc

Don't just look at the logic of it but also at the outcome. If English test requirement is compulsory then which from which country do you think the immigrants will mostly come from?

Borderline racist.

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(22-04-2023, 01:43 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Don't just look at the logic of it but also at the outcome. If English test requirement is compulsory then which from which country do you think the immigrants will mostly come from?
Cecas and Pinoy

(22-04-2023, 01:43 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Don't just look at the logic of it but also at the outcome. If English test requirement is compulsory then which from which country do you think the immigrants will mostly come from?

English comes from England mah! Big Grin

(22-04-2023, 03:38 PM)Harry Lee Wrote:  Cecas and Pinoy

Wrong liao lah! Big Grin

(22-04-2023, 01:35 PM)starbugs Wrote:  I don't see anything wrong with his suggestion. People who can't speak or understand English will not be able to fully assimilate in SG society. Nowadays people don't live in kampong where you can avoid dealing with outsiders or govt matters etc
Foreigners or (so-called FTs) must be able to speak mandarin.  can cecas and pinoys speak mandarin? Bearing in mind that Singapore is a bilingual country and also a service orientated society.

Many foreign workers in SG also cannot speak English. So you want to deport all of them? Because of assimilation?
In SG, we have 4 official languages for what purposes? 

To accommodate the Chinese, Malay and Indian living together with harmony. That is the unique advantage of Singapore! A multi races and languages nation.
Not to despise any one of the race's languages. Over 60 years, the 3 races assimilated well with harmony. Why want to rock the boat now. What is Pritam's purpose?

English is selected to be taught in school and use in govt document as a common standard among the 3 races. Compliance to international standard. Especially when ours was passed down from the British Empire. And also to accommodate the "others" race citizens. Primarily the Anglo-Saxon people.

However, English is not to replace away any of the 3 races, officially stipulated languages by law. Our mother tongues language is still a important element to retain our own ethical culture. A advantage when dealing with other countries of that same particular race.

Pritam is definitely playing up "Identity Politics" to the minority votes in my opinion. Sad and bad.
As a local Singaporean, with his education level and intelligence, it is difficult to believe he does not understand my post points.
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(22-04-2023, 01:13 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  President different from Prime Minister meh?  Thinking I thought the same leh! Big Grin  Sorry lah!

Our President is a figure head, without any powers, but a PM is the one who holds all the powers..................... Big Grin

(22-04-2023, 04:31 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Foreigners or (so-called FTs) must be able to speak mandarin.  can cecas and pinoys speak mandarin? Bearing in mind that Singapore is a bilingual country and also a service orientated society.

OK, FTs must be able to speak Mandarin and English, if they are in the service industry (F And B)..................... Big Grin

(22-04-2023, 10:56 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  You exposed yourself who cannot tell PM and President.

(22-04-2023, 11:04 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  没知识 ,真可怕! Tongue

(22-04-2023, 04:55 PM)debono Wrote:  Our President is a figure head, without any powers, but a PM is the one who holds all the powers..................... Big Grin

Sorry my mistake lah! Big Grin I think in SG President same as PM leh!

His race needs English can’t understand chinese

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️