Will she get an Office job?

My friend's sister lost her job and became a tuition teacher before covid and during covid for around 5 or 6 years now. 

At early 30s and a Temasek Poly Cert, what help does she need to get back her job she used to do?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

Of course, she and I the same

Both burn out and no longer trying much to look for a job

The past under JoTeo had proven false hope and optimism does not help

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

Actually tuition teacher life is quite good. Other than no CPF, but it's both a plus and negative point depending on how aggressive you are.

If you develop the tuition to a biz later on, you actually can earn so much more than working out in a job.

At 30 if she does not know what she want and how she want better forget helping these people..
[+] 1 user Likes Sharexchange's post

(16-03-2022, 11:25 AM)Ola Wrote:  My friend's sister lost her job and became a tuition teacher before covid and during covid for around 5 or 6 years now. 

At early 30s and a Temasek Poly Cert, what help does she need to get back her job she used to do?

Is more amazing your friend sister still can get Parents pay her as tuition teachers?

I heard a lot so call these private freelance tuition also hard to get business due to competition as usual and some " are full time teachers doing side hustle as tuition teacher "
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(16-03-2022, 11:43 AM)Sticw Wrote:  Actually tuition teacher life is quite good. Other than no CPF, but it's both a plus and negative point depending on how aggressive you are.

If you develop the tuition to a biz later on, you actually can earn so much more than working out in a job.

Sometimes 2 students, that is 4 times a week. 

But  market very bad esp beginning of the year and now she has only 1 student.

(16-03-2022, 11:55 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Is more amazing your friend sister still can get Parents pay her as tuition teachers?

I heard a lot  so call these private freelance tuition also hard to get business due to competition as usual and some " are full time teachers doing side hustle as tuition teacher "

Now, schools do not advocate exams

So tuition also not much business

She wanted to take part- time job that is more stable

Like Office Admin or HR because every company will have these jobs

But so far, none.

(16-03-2022, 11:43 AM)Sticw Wrote:  Actually tuition teacher life is quite good. Other than no CPF, but it's both a plus and negative point depending on how aggressive you are.

(16-03-2022, 11:55 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Is more amazing your friend sister still can get Parents pay her as tuition teachers?

I heard a lot  so call these private freelance tuition also hard to get business due to competition as usual and some " are full time teachers doing side hustle as tuition teacher "

Freelance tuition teachers don't need to contribute to CPF, but then at the end they don't have any CPF payments after they retire.  Also, there are some fulltime teachers moonlighting as tuition teachers which is a competition to private tuition teachers, thence the lower cost of providing tuition.......

(16-03-2022, 11:56 AM)Ola Wrote:  Sometimes 2 students, that is 4 times a week. 

But  market very bad esp beginning of the year and now she has only 1 student.
I was told that big co are recruiting over LinkedIn.

But if teaching is something she likes to do, she can give tuition and also other classes such as piano and whatever other skillset she can impart to kids.

That way she can fill up her schedule. Decade ago a friend was engineering grad and she gave up working in engineering work and went to give tuition. She managed to earn 5k with no tax no CPF and even got time to learn piano. So it's how one plans and schedule stuff.

(16-03-2022, 12:01 PM)Ola Wrote:  Now, schools do not advocate exams

So tuition also not much business

She wanted to take part- time job that is more stable

Like Office Admin or HR because every company will have these jobs

But so far, none.

because MOST will not quit, this is why recently MOM stats again is Playing around the figures and stats
you can't say they wrong come employment rate increase

partly due to F&B because a lot Malaysian quit as now can go back Malaysia , they rather quit their job go back MY since already 2 years + never go back later than see how , anyway a lot used to work in SG go back MY become boss themselves selling foods

or do other business.

So end up the locals go do these F&B job of course been " indirect force , since no good jobs around than need money how to to buy foods ? savings also going to use up so suck thumb do a job not say like but force yourself doing it for the seek of money at least temp got money wait till market good , see around again got any good job "

(16-03-2022, 12:02 PM)debono Wrote:  Freelance tuition teachers don't need to contribute to CPF, but then at the end they don't have any CPF payments after they retire.  Also, there are some fulltime teachers moonlighting as tuition teachers which is a competition to private tuition teachers, thence the lower cost of providing tuition.......

full time teach moonlight already like " Open secret " MOE also know but ???

same apply for Civil servants, Public servants, a lot also behind " moonlight ".

(16-03-2022, 11:47 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  At 30 if she does not know what she want and how she want better forget helping these people..

She knows that is why asking about the job market now

The other recruiter friend said the office adm/ HR jobs are over-saturated

Too many ex- hotel and SIA employees are also doing these jobs now

May need another 400 or 600 new companies to set up here

(16-03-2022, 12:46 PM)Ola Wrote:  She knows that is why asking about the job market now

The other recruiter friend said the office adm/ HR jobs are over-saturated

Too many ex- hotel and SIA employees are also doing these jobs now

May need another 400 or 600 new companies to set up here

no offence , " some look face , of course they are " smart " never say openly like that car rental company been expose claim interview people see how charming or sexy the girl is who come interview "

come HR or office admin " some prefer to hire girl look presentable " because she is a person represent that company.
This is why China also high light on this last time a lot woman go plastic surgery claim after that easy to get hire
but people say this is bad etc.

What's her specialization in Temasek poly?

(16-03-2022, 11:47 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  At 30 if she does not know what she want and how she want better forget helping these people..

She knows what she wants but tried so many years

Said 99% sure cannot get

Away from job market for too many years

Even Govt also did not encourage her to try

(16-03-2022, 11:25 AM)Ola Wrote:  My friend's sister lost her job and became a tuition teacher before covid and during covid for around 5 or 6 years now. 

Before tuition, what she does?

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

in the meantine
ask her to work for me

recruit students

(16-03-2022, 04:11 PM)Talent Wrote:  in the meantine
ask her to work for me

recruit students

KNS like this Gov skillfuture is like MLM affiliate program?

go find students earn commission?

Its common knowledge looks is very important when looking for jobs. Same for looking for partners.

(16-03-2022, 03:32 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Before tuition, what she does?

She was working in SPH, Chinese news section.

(31-03-2022, 05:23 PM)Ola Wrote:  She was working in SPH, Chinese news section.

Rotfl  karma lah … helping white country selling thieves sprout propaganda nonsense … now jobless … ask her white master got provide her job lor …. chances ask her go join skill future  Laughing

(31-03-2022, 05:27 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Rotfl  karma lah … helping white country selling thieves sprout propaganda nonsense … now jobless … ask her white master got provide her job lor …. chances ask her go join skill future  Laughing

Next time when I see her sister, I will ask if she votes for PAP or Opposition.

(31-03-2022, 06:26 PM)Ola Wrote:  Next time when I see her sister, I will ask if she votes for PAP or Opposition.

you bery evil lah …….  Laughing Clapping

(14-09-2022, 10:57 AM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  My best friend since school days lost his job 5 years ago and found a crappy job that wasted his education and all the past skills accumulated.

[Image: 36388171-CEA1-48-EB-B1-D7-31-B23-D75-DA40.jpg]

I think MOM's data on unemployment is useless

just like Shoot Blank Queen that has ZERO value

when Under- Employment data should be included

grab grab grab

Need to create something.

This will mean going out and mix around. Pass your contact.

(14-09-2022, 02:34 PM)theold Wrote:  Need to create something.

This will mean going out and mix around. Pass your contact.

Yes, need to network around. Create a LinkedIn profile, list down your skills and job experiences.

Can attend training courses and earn certificates to add to your LinkedIn profile.

linkedin course

(03-10-2022, 03:39 PM)Ameliachin Wrote:  Yes, need to network around. Create a LinkedIn profile, list down your skills and job experiences.

Can attend training courses and earn certificates to add to your LinkedIn profile.

linkedin course

Honestly speaking those " short courses " is NO USE. UNLESS You are doing " part time job " some employers will see partly you attend those " short course " know a bit basic there.

BUT come FULL time job , your what certs etc literally No use. Employer still see your Main cert , ITE/POLY or Uni ,Degree or Master etc.

Office work very boring.