HSI hits 11yrs low as foreign investors flee and residents migrate out...

(28-09-2022, 08:11 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You are right when it got close to 17000 wanted to buy but because it had not reached and I thought patience is best it did not touch.

Also Dow is still unstable.

It did not have same feel as March 2022 when it drop so fast until people face turn green......and market reverse so fast I manage to buy very little.

This time it's not the small speculators running like spiders the last few funds that hold out until now.

It is also the point where those few who still want to get out sell to  long term value investors who will sit through the painful recession.

Lol u sounded so confident at 17000 tot yr system detected bottom. I notice and share with u before, yr system seem to play u out during crisis times. Hsi still have room to fall.

(28-09-2022, 09:24 PM)Zannn Wrote:  Lol u sounded so confident at 17000 tot yr system detected bottom. I notice and share with u before, yr system seem to play u out during crisis times. Hsi still have room to fall.

Really? You say HSI has room to fall way below 17000?

Let's see.

Anyway 17000 not reached. When reached I will act.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Poor Hongkies, they have to take orders from XJP on zero covid policies.

(28-09-2022, 09:33 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Really? You say HSI has room to fall way below 17000?

Let's see.

The drop is drastic. 17000 hitting soon!! Hope it can bounce from hereSmile

(28-09-2022, 09:33 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Really? You say HSI has room to fall way below 17000?

Let's see.

Hit bro have u acted?? I am in tooSmile

(29-09-2022, 02:30 PM)Zannn Wrote:  Hit bro have u acted?? I am in tooSmile

Yes like I said 17,000 is the level

HSI has reached EXACTLY 17000 and bounced....

The actual low is 17000.5 I was off by 0.5 due to rounding error..

Despite the 500pt jump the HSI needs to sink down to 17000 level first before it can bounce.

[Image: y660G7F.jpg]

[Image: YETv8gX.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(28-09-2022, 04:30 PM)teaserteam Wrote:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/sea.mashabl...%3Famp%3D1

SINGAPORE — Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong told business leaders at a global conference on Monday (Sept 26) evening that he will take over the mantle of leadership from Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong at a time when both he and the People's Action Party's fourth generation (4G) team are “ready for it”.

For now, Mr Wong, who is heir apparent to Mr Lee, said during a dialogue session at the Forbes Global CEO Conference that his priority is focusing on the pressing issues that Singapore faces, which is “taking up a lot of my time”.

(28-09-2022, 09:24 PM)Zannn Wrote:  Lol u sounded so confident at 17000 tot yr system detected bottom. I notice and share with u before, yr system seem to play u out during crisis times. Hsi still have room to fall.

I am confident 17000 will be bounce and long-term entry point.....

It is not a guarantee but a good long term entry.

Hell may still come if Fed keeps making mistake.

(28-09-2022, 11:12 PM)mikotan Wrote:  Poor Hongkies, they have to take orders from XJP on zero covid policies.

https://markets.ft.com/data/world/countries/hong-kong

(29-09-2022, 02:52 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I am confident 17000 will be bounce and long-term entry point.....

It is not a guarantee but a good long term entry.

Hell may still come if Fed keeps making mistake.

This is the right caveat. In case it goes against u. Since u have gone all in as u claimed, good luck to u. The bounce is very weak.

(29-09-2022, 02:56 PM)Zannn Wrote:  This is the right caveat. In case it goes against u. Since u have gone all in as u claimed, good luck to u. The bounce is very weak.

I did not go ALL in as planned the Dow looks weak and may lose all of yesterday's gains tonight.

I will buy in stages instead

(29-09-2022, 03:30 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I did not go ALL in as planned the Dow looks weak and may lose all of yesterday's gains tonight.

3rd 0.75% rate hike already caused serious drop in Dow.

more rate hike of 0.75% and 0.5% in coming Nov and Dec will depress Dow further.

(29-09-2022, 03:30 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I did not go ALL in as planned the Dow looks weak and may lose all of yesterday's gains tonight.

That’s good. Cos more to fall likely for Hsi

(22-09-2022, 09:26 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I have stop buying and sold some a few weeks and months  back but if it gets to 17000 level I will buy and buy until my last cent...

The March to Jun 2022 rally tells us if that if HSI falls low enough it can rally independent of the US market...and even if US sinks. The previous rally failed mainly because zero COVID restrictions and China slowdown put a cap to it. 

We have now come back to the march lows. Normally I would buy at these levels and this type of situation. But this time I am not so sure ...but 17000 will definitely be a buy level for me.

Just within days HSI plunged to 17000.
17000 is like below valuation of Asian Financial Crisis with price to book of 0.7. 

If one look through history of stock markets this is rare and happens only when in crisis. Hong Kong is in recession and zero covid ravage its economy.

But on 26 Sep 2022, Hong Kong removed covid restrictions . But nobody bothered and  investors continue to sell.

This is very odd as Hong King's problems are partially caused by covid zero restrictions yet removal of restrictions did not help the market.

HSI is pricing the collapse of HK economy something like 1998.

[Image: Tn3s3GU.jpg]

(29-09-2022, 06:24 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Just within days HSI plunged to 17000.
17000 is like below valuation of Asian Financial Crisis with price to book of 0.7. 

If one look through history of stock markets this is rare and happens only when in crisis. Hong Kong is in recession and zero covid ravage its economy.

But on 26 Sep 2022, Hong Kong removed covid restrictions . But nobody bothered and  investors continue to sell.

This is very odd as Hong King's problems are partially caused by covid zero restrictions yet removal of restrictions did not help the market.

HSI is pricing the collapse of HK economy something like 1998.

[Image: Tn3s3GU.jpg]

So u see, Hsi has room to fall

(29-09-2022, 10:03 PM)Zannn Wrote:  So u see, Hsi has room to fall

HS tech break low, next is Hsi to break 17000. Sgbuffett watch out

(30-09-2022, 10:01 AM)Zannn Wrote:  HS tech break low, next is Hsi to break 17000. Sgbuffett watch out

Anything can  break...if it breaks so be it.

Your jobs is not to guess the exact bottom but to buy  when it its cheap enough to invest for long term....nobody can guarantee it won't move down further and  cause pain.

One cannot predict how much other investors will panic or how low they will sell when they pull out.

Here is Munger explaining the correct mindset...given how much HSI has fallen, you can imagine how high the fear is among HK investors. I can say lost ordinary people have given up on stocks after losing for 11years.

When they give up they will sell and often it goes down further they are happy to have gotten out never to invest in stocks anymore. That will be end of investment journey for them.

(30-09-2022, 11:35 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Here is Munger explaining the correct mindset...given how much HSI has fallen, you can imagine how high the fear is among HK investors. I can say lost ordinary people have given up on stocks after losing for 11years.

When they give up they will sell and often it goes down further they are happy to have gotten out never to invest in stocks anymore. That will be end of investment journey for them.

Is "Lion-OCBC Sec HSTECH" ETF (HST) in SGX a good ETF for Hang Seng Tech Index ?

Can buy this ETF for long term investment ?

the china and HK rich coming here,
is this going to lift the SGX index?

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

(30-09-2022, 01:15 PM)forum456 Wrote:  Is "Lion-OCBC Sec HSTECH" ETF (HST) in SGX a good ETF for Hang Seng Tech Index ?

Can buy this ETF for long term investment ?

I am buying the iShares HSTech ETF listed jn HK as annual fee is lowest but Lion-OCBC is also not that bad.

From peak until today HS Tech is down 70%.
From peak to bust for2001 Tech bubble  the Nasdaq was down 76%.

From Nasdaq bottom to the peak in 2021 ....16yrs was 1200% gain.

How many made money? A small minority because nobody buy at or near the bottom....that is why that is the bottom..lack of buyers.

When market starts to drop the investors sell the speculative bubble stocks....Close to the bottom they sell even the good stocks like Apple ...Apple dropped 5% yesterday because it said it won't increase production of latest iPhone.

HSTech nears 14 March intraday lows. In March there was all out panic investors liquidated en mass and rush out at any price. I remember on that day the market rebounded sharply you don't even get a chance to buy and by the end of the day many stocks were 10% higher than at bottom.

6 months later the market is back this level after relentless selling for more than 3 weeks.

Investors have a choice.
1. Give it a miss as China's problems and coming rate hikes are just yo corrosive.

2. Buy because valuations are just so low. Stocks like Alibaba which is leader in ecommerce is at 25% of its price at peak having fallen by 75%.

3. Wait and see if got chance to buy lower.

3 decisions in the midst of uncertain environment.
You can also hedge a bit by buying some then wait and see.

Remember situation in China is fraught with complexity and risks of all sorts. This may not be the same as buying Microsoft after dot.com bust. If it is people stepping in now can get rich....then maybe it is ...you won't know for sure..

The  market never makes anything simple for you emotionally. 
It is also scary and uncertain at the right time. It is also easy and happy to buy at the wrong time. 

[Image: UbOLtIF.jpg]

(30-09-2022, 02:04 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  HSTech nears 14 March intraday lows. In March there was all out panic investors liquidated en mass and rush out at any price. I remember on that day the market rebounded sharply you don't even get a chance to buy and by the end of the day many stocks were 10% higher than at bottom.

6 months later the market is back this level after relentless selling for more than 3 weeks.

Investors have a choice.
1. Give it a miss as China's problems and coming rate hikes are just yo corrosive.

2. Buy because valuations are just so low. Stocks like Alibaba which is leader in ecommerce is at 25% of its price at peak having fallen by 75%.

Remember situation in China is fraught with complexity and risks of all sorts. This may not be the same as buying Microsoft after dot.com bust. If it is people stepping in now can get rich....then maybe it is ...you won't know for sure..

It is also scary and uncertain at the right time. It is also easy and happy to buy at the wrong time. 

[Image: UbOLtIF.jpg]

That’s is over panick oversold. This round is different, it’s based on real situation and how investor value Hsi n hs tech over a long period of time. The only turnaround is change of zero Covid else this becomes fair value. It will not goes up unless Covid policy changes and must be quick.

(30-09-2022, 02:53 PM)Zannn Wrote:  That’s is over panick oversold. This round is different, it’s based on real situation and how investor value Hsi n hs tech over a long period of time. The only turnaround is change of zero Covid else this becomes fair value. It will not goes up unless Covid policy changes and must be quick.

I don't think investors actually know how to value anything.
They sell because situation looks bad and is set to get worse.

When they finish selling the stock can be 30% of fair value ...6 months later it is 80% higher as people get less scared.

Like in Asian crisis stocks are sold  below cash and book value...after that, it still get pounded...and went lower the rebounded like rocket when Dr. M imposed currency control

Shares are never at the right value when they are cheap they do get cheaper. 

You can buy something at a good price see it drop 50% then triple after that. ...

When value investing you can have higher certainty to be right on the longer term but the market  an go below what you buy for many months.

Early this year I found SpCorp was trading below the cash  it has.....after I buy it dropped every week. Then one day some decided to delist and it doubled. So for 8 months the stock traded at half the true value!!!!

When investing you need some skills to value a company or index . You cannot be watching market movement and using it to guess.

Today the market say Alibaba is 78$ 3 months from now the market can say it is 60$ or 100$....all these short term movement has nothing to do with the true value of Alibaba.

Just like Sp Corp it can be trading at wrong value for 8 months because nobody bother. Then one insiders who lnow the real value offer to buy at double price.

[Image: BNjPtfF.jpg]

(30-09-2022, 02:04 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  HSTech nears 14 March intraday lows. In March there was all out panic investors liquidated en mass and rush out at any price. I remember on that day the market rebounded sharply you don't even get a chance to buy and by the end of the day many stocks were 10% higher than at bottom.

Investors have a choice.

very simple.
buying stocks is like fighting a war in a China drama of 3 Kingdoms.
you must be the ZhuGe Liang or Sima Yi to win the war.
you must know your enemy before you engage or buy the stocks.

Not a bit surprised

(28-09-2022, 04:01 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  HK under structural damage....esp after China tookover. ..

My ex- company

Those who ran away from China to HK 

are also trying to migrate to UK

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Let's see.

17000 broken easily.