Woman denied her Masters degree by NUS

(04-02-2023, 03:23 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  What I mean is, these two are two separate matters. So did NUS expel her because of the complaint or because she did not upload her thesis? This must be made very clear. Usually, uploading of thesis is a very small matter, and the university will just issue a reminder that this should be done by a deadline, or she'll miss getting the degree. I want to understand if there is such a reminder given out by NUS and if she insisted on not uploading. If that is the case, not getting the degree is her fault.

I think the reason for not uploading her thesis is that she is afraid that her supervisor may 'steal' her work............. nudie

(04-02-2023, 03:26 PM)debono Wrote:  I think the reason for not uploading her thesis is that she is afraid that her supervisor may 'steal' her work............. nudie

why all other students can upload their thesis ?

(04-02-2023, 03:26 PM)debono Wrote:  I think the reason for not uploading her thesis is that she is afraid that her supervisor may 'steal' her work............. nudie

Yes that is the understanding I get from reading the article too.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

This is a stupid reason because the hardcopy of the thesis is ultimately put in the library.

(04-02-2023, 03:28 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  This is a stupid reason because the hardcopy of the thesis is ultimately put in the library.

I think she was too straight and too tee kee. End up hurting herself more.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

when the enemy is too strong, the best option is to run away and fight another day

正所谓,山不转水转,水不转路转,路不转人转
[+] 2 users Like WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(04-02-2023, 03:30 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  I think she was too straight and too tee kee. End up hurting herself more.

Why want to be so tee kee, just follow the university's requirement and be awarded the master's degree.........case close.... Laughing nudie

(04-02-2023, 03:56 PM)debono Wrote:  Why want to be so tee kee, just follow the university's requirement and be awarded the master's degree.........case close.... Laughing nudie

Agree. Just get your Master degree that is more crucial why care so much about your supervisor steal your work as his? Justice? There are so many injustice in this world just take care of your own career will do. As for Kong wow now I know how ppl with power work behind the scene no wonder they can sit do high up respect!
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(04-02-2023, 04:19 PM)sgh Wrote:  Agree. Just get your Master degree that is more crucial why care so much about your supervisor steal your work as his? Justice? There are so many injustice in this world just take care of your own career will do. As for Kong wow now I know how ppl with power work behind the scene no wonder they can sit do high up respect!

Different things are important to different people.

Just like in Iran now there are people protesting the death of a woman in the hands of the police...and quite a few died when police used violence against them

In Singapore we are calculative...if doing something does not benefit ourselves such as fighting  injectice committed ..we will just close eyes and move on.

Fighting for justice in a country rule by power elites is a painful struggle. Most people will not do it because they won't endure the pain.

Still I applaud the woman for her courage to do this and not let so easily. This is especially hard in Singapore because some people will feel her actions "stupid" because they will just destroy her.

I would like to bring attention to another case in which an inventor had his invention stolen by top ranked govt director in defense. Later they use powerful lawyers to destroy him through attrition tactics. Not only was his invention stolen he lost all his rights and financially was destroyed. 

If you have any doubt about the ability of those in power yo use the law to bully and crush anyone who stands for justice read this case.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/comment-sad-ca...30017.html

The system will evolve to protect itself and its inner circle.

Just like the gang of 6 Keppel executives who were let off lightly

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Most of us are just practical and have the necessary skillsets to survive. Singapore is not for the idealistic.

(04-02-2023, 04:59 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Different things are important to different people.

Just like in Iran now there are people protesting the death of a woman in the hands of the police...and quite a few died when police used violence against them

In Singapore we are calculative...if doing something does not benefit ourselves such as fighting  injectice committed ..we will just close eyes and move on.

Fighting for justice in a country rule by power elites is a painful struggle. Most people will not do it because they won't endure the pain.

Still I applaud the woman for her courage to do this and not let so easily. This is especially hard in Singapore because some people will feel her actions "stupid" because they will just destroy her.

I would like to bring attention to another case in which an inventor had his invention stolen by top ranked govt director in defense. Later they use powerful lawyers to destroy him through attrition tactics. Not only was his invention stolen he lost all his rights and financially was destroyed. 

If you have any doubt about the ability of those in power yo use the law to bully and crush anyone who stands for justice read this case.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/comment-sad-ca...30017.html

The system will evolve to protect itself and its inner circle.

Just like the gang of 6 Keppel executives who were let off lightly
You got it wrong on Mindef's case. First, it's true that the patent wasn't recognised so how can it be infringed? Second, Mindef is right that it is just a buyer of the equipment. He should take the case up with the seller instead.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

Nothing unusual...

[Image: glvv3Pb.jpg]

https://study.uq.edu.au/stories/how-find-phd-supervisor

some of the uni supervisors are pretty shit.

i had a shitty phd one (ceca) and didn't get any guidance from her for most of my course. handed in my thesis draft to her around mid 2020 and despite sending her numerous emails to chasse her up on the review, she ghosted me for a whole year i filed a complaint citing her lack-lustre performance as my supervisor. even for most of the published paper, I paid out from my own pocket as she wasn't there to advice me whether the uni should pay for it or not. she, being a ceca, only look after her own kind and there were 14 of them in my team.

I was so pissed that I am prepared to drop out, but two other external uni's professors had agreed to take over my candidature. So now, I managed to spend another year and graduated under a different uni.

(04-02-2023, 06:31 PM)fishbuff Wrote:  https://study.uq.edu.au/stories/how-find-phd-supervisor

i had a shitty phd one (ceca) and didn't get any guidance from her for most of my course.  handed in my thesis draft to her around mid 2020 and despite sending her numerous emails to chasse her up on the review, she ghosted me for a whole year i filed a complaint citing her lack-lustre performance as my supervisor. even for most of the published paper, I paid out from my own pocket as she wasn't there to advice me whether the uni should pay for it or not. she, being a ceca, only look after her own kind and there were 14 of them in my team.

I was so pissed that I am prepared to drop out, but two other external uni's professors had agreed to take over my candidature. So now, I managed to spend another year and graduated under a different uni.

Hello there Dr fishbuff Big Grin

事不关己,高高挂起 otherwise kena chok chong yap si fatt.

a simple straight forward case was mishandled by all parties involved. all hv very low eq

(04-02-2023, 06:31 PM)fishbuff Wrote:  https://study.uq.edu.au/stories/how-find-phd-supervisor

i had a shitty phd one (ceca) and didn't get any guidance from her for most of my course.  handed in my thesis draft to her around mid 2020 and despite sending her numerous emails to chasse her up on the review, she ghosted me for a whole year i filed a complaint citing her lack-lustre performance as my supervisor. even for most of the published paper, I paid out from my own pocket as she wasn't there to advice me whether the uni should pay for it or not. she, being a ceca, only look after her own kind and there were 14 of them in my team.

So glad to hear that you had graduated......................... Clapping nudie

(04-02-2023, 01:59 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  https://international.thenewslens.com/article/179714

Dis iz called dogged determination. Dis case drag on for many years liao. David vs Goliath. Many people would have thrown in the towel. Dis sista really steel-willed. Hope God will serve her justice soon.

Bro, you know her? How come suddenly post dis decade old case?   Liyani s situation was different bcos she not ony found a beri competent, upright pro bono lawyer, she oso lucked out/in  with an upright judge.

Like this only, already complaining.

In China unis sex-for-grades practically normalised, yet students grit their teeth and bear with it in silence and submission.
[+] 1 user Likes kelhot2001's post

(04-02-2023, 08:35 PM)kelhot2001 Wrote:  Like this only, already complaining.

In China unis sex-for-grades practically normalised, yet students grit their teeth and bear with it in silence and submission.

Did this really happened in China.......................? crying

(04-02-2023, 05:15 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  You got it wrong on Mindef's case. First, it's true that the patent wasn't recognised so how can it be infringed? Second, Mindef is right that it is just a buyer of the equipment. He should take the case up with the seller instead.

Actually his so called invention of a vehicular hospital iz hardly original. US Army long ago oredy using. At any rate, you dunno Mindef all along since Goh Keng swees  era iz use other pples invention to come up with a cheaper version of our own [all asian countries do dis yah]. Copy n learn, folks. Copy n learn.

(04-02-2023, 08:38 PM)debono Wrote:  Did this really happened in China.......................? crying

Best way is to ask those who escape from the CCP system.

(04-02-2023, 08:45 PM)kelhot2001 Wrote:  Best way is to ask those who escape from the CCP system.

Amdk arse lickers stooge’s your daddies never teach hor
https://media.tenor.com/4Ll5Ke6WN6oAAAAM...pidity.gif https://media.tenor.com/1aSHGirgw0sAAAAM...arious.gif https://media.tenor.com/Ozv6zQhurgIAAAAM...-happy.gif

(04-02-2023, 08:42 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Actually his so called invention of a vehicular hospital iz hardly original. US Army long ago oredy using. At any rate, you dunno Mindef all along since Goh Keng swees  era iz use other pples invention to come up with a cheaper version of our own [all asian countries do dis yah]. Copy n learn, folks. Copy n learn.

You have not read the patent and don't understand what js new with it.

If there is nothing special it would not have gained a patent.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(04-02-2023, 09:27 PM)sgbuffet Wrote:  You have not read the patent and don't understand what js new with it.

If there is nothing special it would not have gained a patent.

Tioh. Have not read. If you have, please enlighten yah.

(04-02-2023, 08:24 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Dis iz called dogged determination. Dis case drag on for many years liao. David vs Goliath. Many people would have thrown in the towel. Dis sista really steel-willed. Hope God will serve her justice soon.

Bro, you know her? How come suddenly post dis decade old case?   Liyani s situation was different bcos she not ony found a beri competent, upright pro bono lawyer, she oso lucked out/in  with an upright judge.

Bro, someone in my WhatsApp group posted this today mah  Big Grin

What dialect group is a Ten? Thinking

her name looks like Myanmar chinese, and ten could be ren 任

Fighting for the right...
[+] 1 user Likes FangFang's post

(05-02-2023, 05:24 PM)fishbuff Wrote:  that is one reason that i really really dont like cecas. from supervisor, research mate, colleague, customer, support etc.. 
they are such a pain

In the posterior Big Grin