Woman gets 40 days' jail for performing unlicensed home-based dental procedures

Woman gets 40 days' jail for performing unlicensed home-based dental procedures

Ubaidah Nuruljannah Abdullah, 35, pleaded guilty on Friday (May 12) to four counts of providing customers with dental braces cleaning and maintenance and teeth whitening services without a dentist's registration or a practising certificate.

⚖️ https://tdy.sg/42tHjsp

@todayonlinesg

What does this tell u?

Many dental procedures are simple and routine and dentists are just overcharging.

Maybe certain types of dental procedure should be allowed to be carried out by non dentist.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 3 users Like sgbuffett's post

(13-05-2023, 01:28 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  What does this tell u?

Many dental procedures are simple and routine and dentists are just overcharging.

Maybe certain types of dental procedure should be allowed to be carried out by non dentist.

Give me a piece of dental floss I can also clean up your teeth lah! Big Grin $100 enough liao lah!

(13-05-2023, 01:28 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  What does this tell u?

Do u dare to let someone not trained do dental procedures on you? What if something goes wrong? Blame who? I'd rather pay to let a trained licensed dentist do it.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

There's a lot of nerves around your jaw, best to leave it to professionals...

She got talent.

Government should sponsor her for dental course
[+] 1 user Likes nevereatmee's post

(13-05-2023, 05:17 PM)winbig Wrote:  Do u dare to let someone not trained do dental procedures on you? What if something goes wrong? Blame who? I'd rather pay to let a trained licensed dentist do it.

(13-05-2023, 05:47 PM)Sticw Wrote:  There's a lot of nerves around your jaw, best to leave it to professionals...

In case you didn't know, the 1st dentist was actually a cobbler lah! Big Grin You heard it right lah! That uncle who repaired your shoes in the street lah!
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

entrepreneur is dead in SGP.

This means that medical cost is now out of control in SG. There's great demand for such services.

She cannot work in dental clinics, meh?

Or her Mmalaysian diploma not recognised here?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

The last time we used a hand or a plier, just pulled it out.

S$600 to fix a full set of braces.

Maybe she can conduct a DIY course and people can learn from her. Now, dental appointments are always fully booked. One treatment, one appointment.

in SGP never pay govt tax, sure kena.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post