World Cup 2022 - Argentina vs Australia - 04 Dec 2022

Argentina being the favorite are expected to win against Australia. Argentina are not invincible. Saudi Arabia had beaten them 2-1. Will Argentina be beaten once again by Australia?.

I would not discount the possibility that Australia may win or hold them to a tie. 

I think Australia may caused an upset with these scores a: 2-1, 3-2 and 2-2. 

Argentina likely winning scores 3-1, 3-2, 4-2.

This WC team of Argentina has quite a few good players. But ball is round anything can happen

ft draw, will go to penalties or sudden death?

Maybe extra times. Not sure.

Things are a lot more straightforward in the Round of 16 as there are no ties. Games must have a winner, which means there is extra time then penalty kicks as ways to conclude matches, if necessary. Once the we are left with 16 teams, the World Cup becomes a single elimination tournament.

I think no more sudden death or golden ball anymore

USA really weak

I lost 1 million because of them....pui!!

Argentina Messi just scored. Hope that Australia will level the score before half time.

(04-12-2022, 03:24 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  I think no more sudden death or golden ball anymore

The golden goal rule is not in effect, so if a team scores, it’s not the game winner. The game continues though all 30 minutes of extra time, whether or not goals are scored.

If it’s still a draw after the 30 minutes of extra time, both teams will take penalty kicks. The penalty kicks are a best of five shootout, alternating between the team two teams. The shootout ends when one team is no longer mathematically able to match the other’s team results.
If there’s still a tie at the end of the shootout, additional rounds of one kick each will be added until the tie is broken, which is also known as sudden death.

(04-12-2022, 03:50 AM)winbig Wrote:  The golden goal rule is not in effect, so if a team scores, it’s not the game winner. The game continues though all 30 minutes of extra time, whether or not goals are scored.

If it’s still a draw after the 30 minutes of extra time, both teams will take penalty kicks. The penalty kicks are a best of five shootout, alternating between the team two teams. The shootout ends when one team is no longer mathematically able to match the other’s team results.
If there’s still a tie at the end of the shootout, additional rounds of one kick each will be added until the tie is broken, which is also known as sudden death.

Thanks! This is what it has been all the while.

I hope Australia will bring in their top scorer J. Maclaren in the 2nd half. He cld be the her rom.

Aus really weak

Goalkeeper blur like sotong, slow like a turtle

Make Arg look good only

Alright! J. Maclaren is finally coming in as subs for M.Duke. Let's see whether he and C.Goodwin can save Australia by scoring a goal each.

(04-12-2022, 04:33 AM)Goldmine Wrote:  Alright! J. Maclaren is finally coming in as subs for M.Duke. Let's see whether he and C.Goodwin can save Australia by scoring a goal each.

Would be considered miracle if aus can draw.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Ok! Australia just scored. Now 2-1.  1 or 2 goals more from J.Maclaren. 10' left hope not too late.

Good game kangaroo bo luck to scores last min goal 

Opasnie-1

Match ended. FT score : 2-1 Argentiba.  Should hv let Macleren play from the start instead of as subs in last 10 mins. of 2nd half. Match may end differently.

(04-12-2022, 05:03 AM)cwc29 Wrote:  Good game kangaroo bo luck to scores last min goal 

Opasnie-1

That last chance was so close in dying seconds.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(04-12-2022, 05:08 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  That last chance was so close in dying seconds.

Yalor! So close. Boh piang. Good night. Going to sleep liao

Argentina almost suffered another upset in the last min of injury time had the ball not hit the outstretched hand of the  Argentina GK.  It cld have been 2-2.  Closed shave for Argentina.  Today may see Engkok next upset casualty.