Wow....Modi's India Ban BBC leh
Cool 

I am surprised a BBC documentary "The Modi Question" Is so sensitive in India that it is now banned in world's "largest democracy".

The South Asian country gov also ordered Twitter and YouTube to scrub any videos of the documentary which accuses Indian PM Modi for being complicit in the 2002 Riot lead to organised massacre against the Indian Muslims and wide spread destruction of mosques across the Indian state of Gujarat.

[Image: IMG_6404.png?resize=696%2C392&ssl=1]

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-64342679
[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

It was so bad that US gov once banned Modi from entering USA due to his lack of action to stop the 2002 Riot...

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/27/world...riots.html

Modi did the right thing.

nudie

(24-01-2023, 05:11 AM)*天哥* Wrote:  Modi did the right thing.

Errrr...what do you mean ? Surprised

I discover BBC has been reporting the Gujarat's 2002 infamous anti-Muslim riot long before Narenda Modi became India's 14th PM in 2014.
Where are the vocal Western champion for Human Rights when we need them ?

BBC Mar 2012:
"Show us your identity card!" As the order was barked, from the corner of my eye I could see a man being dragged out of another car and stabbed repeatedly. He was lying in a pool of blood on the road, trying to cover his stomach with his hands. Again, the cry came: "Where is your identity card?"
I hesitatingly took out my card - printed in English - and held it up to his face, covering my Muslim name with my thumb.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-17176853

Angmoh media very quiet!

(24-01-2023, 11:25 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  Angmoh media very quiet!

Our ST, CNA, Today, Mothership..... also
[+] 1 user Likes CHAOS's post

Inkdou GDP surpass Yingkuo.
Ethnic Inkdou lang become Yingkuo PM
Yingkuo media kanan banned by Inkdou

(24-01-2023, 11:34 AM)CHAOS Wrote:  Our ST, CNA, Today, Mothership..... also

CECA may just run riot if this news is on SG's major media Front Page. Big Grin

(24-01-2023, 11:07 PM)Manthink Wrote:  CECA may just run riot if this news is on SG's major media Front Page. Big Grin

After the Little India riots, Singapore is fully aware of it's consequences of having a riot, and thence is every ready to pounce on anyone trying to start a riot........The police are at their toes to see that this don't happen again............... Big Grin

Wah....Modi gov now desperate to stop Indians from watching the (banned) BBC documentary about the 2002 massacre at Gujarat. Some Indian universities even hv their electric power cut to stop its screening.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/25/world...ntary.html

In the past LKY has also stopped or banned media reports that may have misconstrued he and his administration governance over Singapore.

And not everything reported by the western media may bring the truth about a local incident or governance accurately. After all with the amount of time these western media spent locally and merely collate information from sources that may at times be biased or untrue.

Just like the Iraq’s WMD report are now known to be untrue and made up by the American administration and media reports.

(26-01-2023, 10:35 AM)kangtangman Wrote:  In the past LKY has also stopped or banned media reports that may have misconstrued he and his administration governance over Singapore. And not everything reported by the western media may bring the truth about a local incident or governance accurately. After all with the amount of time these western media spent locally and merely collate information from sources that may at times be biased or untrue. Just like the Iraq’s WMD report are now known to be untrue and made up by the American administration and media reports.

I saw the BBC documentary - hard for me to stomach some of the images - showing many of things that can easily happen else where, includeing SG.

However, your comparison with LKY bans on certain Western reports about SG is not correct since the BBC doc shows so much violence between Hindu and Muslim occurring in India, while SG gov is doing the opposite trying to prevent the something from happening here.

What I am learn is shocking - BBC alleges Modi is a member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), a religion-based militant Indian group that focus on hate.. Cry

One of interviewee even equate Modi gov is like  the rise of Nazism and Fascism as experience in 1930s Europe and Germany...This RSS, IMHO, share similar characteristic with M'sia  UMNO and America's KKK  - the promotion of supremacist ideology -  

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-29593336

Mouldy ashamed of something?

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(26-01-2023, 11:27 AM)Manthink Wrote:  I saw the BBC documentary - hard for me to stomach some of the images - showing many of things that can easily happen else where, includeing SG.

However, your comparison with LKY bans on certain Western reports about SG is not correct since the BBC doc shows so much violence between Hindu and Muslim occurring in India, while SG gov is doing the opposite trying to prevent the something from happening here.

What I am learn is shocking - BBC alleges Modi is a member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), a religion-based militant Indian group that focus on hate.. Cry

One of interviewee even equate Modi gov is like  the rise of Nazism and Fascism as experience in 1930s Europe and Germany...This RSS, IMHO, share similar characteristic with M'sia  UMNO and America's KKK  - the promotion of supremacist ideology -  

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-29593336

Maybe I have not been clear with my posting, I am just passing a general comment how the western media at times have reported with lies. Just like the Iraq having those WMD that resulted the American to amass the allies to attack Iraq.

Though I have not watched the BBC documentary but if indeed Modi and his administration has committed the crime, then the world should know about it and put things right. Because no one is above the law. 

Just like the westerners, if they have done wrong, they too need to put to trial too. But by far this is yet to be seen, in my opinion.

(26-01-2023, 12:24 PM)kangtangman Wrote:  Maybe I have not been clear with my posting, I am just passing a general comment how the western media at times have reported with lies. Just like the Iraq having those WMD that resulted the American to amass the allies to attack Iraq.

Though I have not watched the BBC documentary but if indeed Modi and his administration has committed the crime, then the world should know about it and put things right. Because no one is above the law. 

Just like the westerners, if they have done wrong, they too need to put to trial too. But by far this is yet to be seen, in my opinion.

indeed - We have hear so much of lies and falsehoods from the Western for ages...that even their own people don't trust them..
Last time US gov love Saddam when fighting Iran and then kill him after 9/11 with famous WMD lies years later.

[Image: rumsfeld-saddam.jpg]

Same thing happen to Modi:
Last time Modi was banned by US gov from visiting American when he was when a state chief minister of Gujarat, where the killing happened and mentioned in the BBC Doc.
Now US gov love Modi because they need India's help to challenge China. No accident why Western media had been largely diam diam about India's racial and religious problems since he became India's PM.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-narendr...1399062010

(26-01-2023, 11:50 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Mouldy ashamed of something?

Must give face one... In that aspect, CNA is a bit smarter than BBC - it avoid pointing finger at Modi in this report. 
Instead is says this : Hinduism, Weaponised: A Secular India Under Threat

Wink
https://youtu.be/l1qvVp8XZg8

(24-01-2023, 11:57 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Inkdou GDP surpass Yingkuo.Ethnic Inkdou lang become Yingkuo PMYingkuo media kanan banned by Inkdou

No leh - I heard the 英国 PM defending 印度 PM after BBC give the later no face...

Blood is indeed thicker than water. Big Grin

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi...148321.cms

(26-01-2023, 11:50 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Mouldy ashamed of something?

He kana attacked because he has not been obedient to Assmerican daddy!  Rotfl
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

(28-01-2023, 10:25 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  He kana attacked because he has not been obedient to Assmerican daddy!  Rotfl

I suspect that too when Modi refuse to join AMTK against the Russian...

(28-01-2023, 10:30 AM)Manthink Wrote:  I suspect that too when Modi refuse to join AMTK against the Russian...

He is also not keen to be part of QUAD against China.
[+] 2 users Like cityhantam's post

Let them fight among themselves.  Rotfl
Master and Servant…

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Ish true...

[Image: GuCNVAl.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes lioncityftw's post

(28-01-2023, 04:24 PM)lioncityftw Wrote:  Ish true...

[Image: GuCNVAl.gif]

World's "largest democracy" now ban the BBC is definitely no scam liao. Big Grin