You Believe? 17,376 new jobs

Singapore draws $11.8b in fixed asset investments in 2021 despite Covid-19: EDB

SINGAPORE - Singapore attracted $11.8 billion in fixed asset investments in 2021, bolstered by large manufacturing projects from semiconductor and biotech firms despite challenges amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

The projects secured in 2021 are expected to create 17,376 new jobs in the next five years, with about 70 per cent of these for PMETs (professionals, managers, executives and technicians). A majority of these jobs are expected to be taken up by locals.

Investments from semiconductor and biotech companies accounted for more than half the commitments secured, which exceeded the Singapore Economic Development Board's (EDB) medium- to long-term yearly target of between $8 billion and $10 billion.
https://www.straitstimes.com/business/ec...vid-19-edb

I believe. But all LJ job suitable for survival only
[+] 1 user Likes Sharexchange's post

The term PMETs (professionals, managers, executives and technicians) has been badly misused. It gives the connotation of 'higher level' jobs, but in reality nowadays job titles are so inflated that almost everyone is an executive or manager of some sorts.

(26-01-2022, 01:39 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  The term PMETs (professionals, managers, executives and technicians) has been badly misused. It gives the connotation of 'higher level' jobs, but in reality nowadays job titles are so inflated that almost everyone is an executive or manager of some sorts.

Tropical civil servant job title " Last time call technician " now call Technical Support Officer "

Over 17k new jobs but maybe 50k old jobs have to go.

This kind of half-past 6 news has intention to mislead readers only.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

All these are manufacturing jobs.
70% of these jobs will go to foreigners.

The foreigners are from Malaysia, China, India,Myanmar,Philippines

NS also consider new job? Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

I feel is again " ownself invest ownself , mostly Gov Tech Related companies etc "

Put it simple, Covi19 affect literally every Countries , what is SG ??? We depend from others.

When others been hit badly , what SG depend from?

(26-01-2022, 04:07 PM)forum456 Wrote:  All these are manufacturing jobs.

I believe you are right.....

(26-01-2022, 04:07 PM)forum456 Wrote:  All these are manufacturing jobs.

Not 70%, I think 80%…

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Agreed that the title are now inflated.. I have come across folks with Manager title, but no one reporting to them..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(26-01-2022, 04:25 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Agreed that the title are now inflated.. I have come across folks with Manager title, but no one reporting to them..
Just change the job title, then all jobs becomes PMETs.......
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(26-01-2022, 04:22 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Not 70%, I think 80%…
the balance 20% goes to PR and new citizens.
nothing left for local leow. crying

I believe we have 17376 Covid Positive Omicron daily average here...and a lot of HRW sms received as well. Did you rec yet ladies n gentlemen? Haha

(26-01-2022, 05:00 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  I believe we have 17376 Covid Positive Omicron daily average here...and a lot of HRW sms received as well. Did you rec uet ladies n gentlemen? Haha

What is "rec uet".......?

Rec yet.

(26-01-2022, 05:04 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Rec yet.

What is "Rec yet"...?

Can Got show us QUALITY and not quantity.

What is the point of creating 17k jobs when they are below the average salary of Singapore.

While good jobs are given to FTs like Ramesh.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(27-01-2022, 07:05 PM)Ola Wrote:  Can Got show us QUALITY and not quantity.

What is the point of creating 17k jobs when they are below the average salary of Singapore.

While good jobs are given to FTs like Ramesh.
Ramesh earns about $66,000 per month, and lived in a 1.5 million Condo.........

(27-01-2022, 07:12 PM)debono Wrote:  Ramesh earns about $66,000 per month, and lived in a 1.5 million Condo.........

If he's earning $66k why would he be only staying in a 1.5mil condo?

Before so have 17000 jobs already... so now add on,, I think have.