am so Westernised...And yet, I self-identify as a Chinese
Cool 

Of course I am anti-Western because I am so Westernised to the core, in my whole education and outlook. And yet, I self-identify as a Chinese, not a Canadian-Chinese, not Canadian-Hongkonger but simply a Chinese.

Why? Because when I look in the mirror, I see a Chinese. Other people look at me and they see a Chinese, not a Westerner. They don’t see my wholly Westernised soul. When they hear me speak English, they hear my heavy Chinese accent. When I was young, I was ashamed of my accent. Now, like Martin Yan of Yan Can Cook, I deliberately exaggerate it; I am proud of it because my first language is Chinese (Cantonese).

https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion/art...wn-undoing
[+] 2 users Like Manthink's post

Nationality first, ethnicity second … no harm have a powerful ancestral motherland … better than having an ganges sewage longkang CECA land that never progress

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

(10-08-2022, 11:36 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Nationality first, ethnicity second … no harm have a powerful ancestral motherland … better than having an ganges sewage longkang CECA land that never progress

Ask how the Japanese American felt during WW2 or Korean Americans experiences during the race riots in modern America...All are at least 2nd generations Americans who speak "English"

(07-08-2022, 05:51 PM)kokee Wrote:  china is a country, ccp is a party, chinese is a race! comie dogs will mix up all to con here 7/24!
ccp is a party, same as KMT, DPP in taiwan!

below is the history of taiwan, noting to do with china!
ccp & KMT has nothing to do with taiwan as a island!
now taiwan is rule under DPP!
below is from history perspective!
watch below & above video & comments, comie dogs from ass all the time in all their posts & threads to BS & lies only!

🇹🇼從台灣的起源和歷史變遷, 看台灣問題的由來、與中原大陸的關係、主權和領土歸屬; 台灣自古是中國的一部分嗎? 中共為何對"一統台灣"念茲在茲

real moron here!
as above, china is a country, ccp is a party, chinese is a race! comie dogs will mix up all to con here 7/24!
no need to cheat yourself, also con brainless here!
you are chinese but china is not your country, ccp is not your party!
almost everything of you is spore, passport, pay tax, cpf, house, home & almost everything!
face truth!
do the right thing!
dont feed & support evil devil!

(13-08-2022, 06:02 PM)kokee Wrote:  real moron here!
as above, china is a country, ccp is a party, chinese is a race! comie dogs will mix up all to con here 7/24!
no need to cheat yourself, also con brainless here!
you are chinese but china is not your country, ccp is not your party!
almost everything of you is spore, passport, pay tax, cpf, house, home & almost everything!
face truth!
do the right thing!
dont feed & support evil devil!

Bankrupt loser kokee howling jealous kokee
Kokee the scumbags 

Who let the slave kokee out woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof 

https://media.tenor.com/voz99d0-8RMAAAAM...ck-dog.gif https://media.tenor.com/6zIB5SuBT5AAAAAM/dogs-husky.gif 
Kokee go take medication 

National scum Shameless bankrupt Pitiful jealous kokee howling scare panic desperate dog losing the slave kokee out

(13-08-2022, 05:53 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Ask how the Japanese American felt during WW2 or Korean Americans experiences during the race riots in modern America...All are at least 2nd generations Americans who speak "English"

Well,  many white colonial worshippers slaves do not wanna admit Assmeircunt is world most racist nation in history

[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

(13-08-2022, 06:02 PM)kokee Wrote:  real moron here!

Moronic Kokee Cok, you ae are chap cheng of Japenis ah?  Thinking

(13-08-2022, 06:58 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Well,  many white colonial worshippers slaves do not wanna admit Assmeircunt is world most racist nation in history

I suspect the SCMP author himself was once a white colonial worshippers...

Nothing wrong with that since he grew up and educated in the west.

The trouble starts when the "west" still regard you as non-local since your birth.

(14-08-2022, 03:27 PM)Manthink Wrote:  I suspect the SCMP author himself was once a white colonial worshippers...

Nothing wrong with that since he grew up and educated in the west.

The trouble starts when the "west" still regard you as non-local since your birth.

The chow ang mo will always treat non white beneath them

(14-08-2022, 10:10 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  The chow ang mo will always treat non white beneath them

白人讲人权? 天大的笑话 Rolleyes

you cheeby lah TS
there are so many chinese not just one type of chinese

HongKong Chinese proudly speak CANTONESE not mainland chinese

chinese itself got many type of chinese and chinese cannot be one!
[+] 2 users Like grotesqueness's post

My Indonesian friend, very daringly said strange that some HKgers don’t speak Mandarin in front of the Cantonese-speaking taxi driver. Born Chinese but don’t speak Mandarin. One side speaks Mandarin while the other insists on speaking Cantonese.

Actually, his Mandarin is learned over the years by mixing around.

(04-09-2022, 05:45 AM)kokee Wrote:  comie dogs here is pro-ccp, pro-chinese & pro-china, not extreme racist? whole forum know chaos & all the comie dogs here how they fight for china, ccp & chinese against the west & democratic 7/24 here!
comie dogs here also pro-Russia invade Ukraine, how they support russia here to attack Ukraine day & night, they used RT, a banned media in the world today to con or brainwash morons here frequently!
they support ccp china in SCS, SAF tanks in HK & all the issues between spore & china!
basically they treat themselves as china chinese, support everything ccp china are doing in the world today blindly, totally brainwashed comie dogs!
all these comie here & their brainless supporters!

說出大實話,中天是匪台,相信九二共識是腦殘,中共是人類公敵

as above, these are the comie dogs here & their brainless supporters!
from all their posts & threads here, these dogs are pro-ccp, pro-china, pro-chinese, pro-russia, anti-western, pro whatever china pro! pro-dictator, pro-communism, pro-no human right & freedom, pro-taiwan is part of china & attack taiwan, pro-winnie xi, pro all the action & lies of ccp china barking & all the fake video & news created by global communist sources including RT & all russia media, pro-steal technology & copy cat, pro-using force & by force! anti-japan, anti-democratic, anti-everything western!
from all their posts & threads, as above, all these comie dogs here & their brainless supporters!
all here is human with humanity, they have their freedom to do what they like within their country law!

Once a Chinese, always a Chinese.
If you dont know your root. It is very sad for you.
China has a history of 5000years, by right shd be 10,000 years. Another 5000 years, our Chinese ancestors still didnt know how to write in words and recorded them properly. there are so many things to learn in Chinese history. Chinese ppl are always praised by outsiders that we are obedient and hardworking. Dont becos of chasing fake independent, which what ROC is doing right now. We dump away our root.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(05-09-2022, 05:20 AM)kokee Wrote:  as above, these are the comie dogs here & their brainless supporters!
from all their posts & threads here, these dogs are pro-ccp, pro-china, pro-chinese, pro-russia, anti-western, pro whatever china pro! pro-dictator, pro-communism, pro-no human right & freedom, pro-taiwan is part of china & attack taiwan, pro-winnie xi, pro all the action & lies of ccp china barking & all the fake video & news created by global communist sources including RT & all russia media, pro-steal technology & copy cat, pro-using force & by force! anti-japan, anti-democratic, anti-everything western!
from all their posts & threads, as above, all these comie dogs here & their brainless supporters!
all here is human with humanity, they have their freedom to do what they like within their country law!

all these comie dogs here try to con or lie 7/24!
keep barking chinese, why not 中国人 to confuse morons here! in their mind is equal but in words, they only say is chinese, not china chinese!
all these liars here stir shit, spread rumor, create trouble 7/24! they are not upright human, snaky dog!

He has explained quite clearly…

https://youtu.be/8ix5ERNl0jQ

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

That’s why look out only for your own nation. Neither worship the chao amdk or Middle Kingdom. The former see you no up and try to exploit you, while the latter will always see you as overseas Chinese, and not really one of them Big Grin

And be a man, not a fawning sycophant Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(05-09-2022, 05:06 AM)theold Wrote:  My Indonesian friend, very daringly said strange that some HKgers don’t speak Mandarin in front of the Cantonese-speaking taxi driver. Born Chinese but don’t speak Mandarin. One side speaks Mandarin while the other insists on speaking Cantonese. Actually, his Mandarin is learned over the years by mixing around.

Everyone knows Indonesia once up a time ban Chinese language, practices and culture including lion dances during the Suharto era. Today, with the rise of China and removal of anti-Chinese law, local Chinese are back with vengeance in re-learning their ancestry traditions and culture.

That was legacy of Dutch colonisation which segregate Chinese from other Indonesian groups.

(05-09-2022, 07:58 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  That’s why look out only for your own nation.  Neither worship the chao amdk or Middle Kingdom. The former see you no up and try to exploit you, while the latter will always see you as overseas Chinese,  and not really one of them
And be a man, not a fawning sycophant

The Indonesian Chinese neither "worship chao amdk or Middle Kingdom"...and yet their cultures and identity are often exploited and politicized in the name of anti Communism in the 1960s...Even though they are born and rise in in Indonesia.

(05-09-2022, 02:20 PM)Manthink Wrote:  The Indonesian Chinese neither "worship chao amdk or Middle Kingdom"...and yet their cultures and identity are often exploited and politicized in the name of anti Communism in the 1960s...Even though they are born and rise in in Indonesia.

This is racial tension.  Just their luck they were born as a minority race there and yet control much of the businesses and wealth.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(05-09-2022, 03:25 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  This is racial tension.  Just their luck they were born as a minority race there and yet control much of the businesses and wealth.

That's what many overseas Chinese had experienced over the last 200 years till today like those born in those US, UK and Australia etc.

Regardless of their nationality, many share similar experiences in their adulthood, the stronger their feeling are towards their ancestral roots  the need to now and understand.even Many of them aren't educated nor literate in the Chinese language, like the SCMP author who is born and breed Canadian.

So this isn't about being a "minority race", but rather overseas Chiense identity is constantly being challenged within and beyond themselves.

(10-08-2022, 11:26 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Of course I am anti-Western because I am so Westernised to the core, in my whole education and outlook. And yet, I self-identify as a Chinese, not a Canadian-Chinese, not Canadian-Hongkonger but simply a Chinese.

Why? Because when I look in the mirror, I see a Chinese. Other people look at me and they see a Chinese, not a Westerner. They don’t see my wholly Westernised soul. When they hear me speak English, they hear my heavy Chinese accent. When I was young, I was ashamed of my accent. Now, like Martin Yan of Yan Can Cook, I deliberately exaggerate it; I am proud of it because my first language is Chinese (Cantonese).

Clap for you.

I am one too. I feel that Asians have been bullied by colonists for too long already.

Unless we have a powerful China, we will be forever bullied.

It is time that we can have our dignity as a non white.

(10-08-2022, 11:26 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Of course I am anti-Western because I am so Westernised to the core, in my whole education and outlook. And yet, I self-identify as a Chinese, not a Canadian-Chinese, not Canadian-Hongkonger but simply a Chinese.

But I am only a true blue Singapore born Chinese Singaporean leh! 我是新加坡 🇸🇬 华人讲新加坡 🇸🇬 华语 and wahsi HokkienLang Kong Hokkien weh lah! Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like cheekopekman's post

(05-09-2022, 03:52 PM)Manthink Wrote:  That's what many overseas Chinese had experienced over the last 200 years till today like those born in those US, UK and Australia etc.

Regardless of their nationality, many share similar experiences in their adulthood, the stronger their feeling are towards their ancestral roots  the need to now and understand.even Many of them aren't educated nor literate in the Chinese language, like the SCMP author who is born and breed Canadian.

So this isn't about being a "minority race", but rather overseas Chiense identity is constantly being challenged within and beyond themselves.

It is precisely that being of a minority race that control the majority of businesses and wealth in the country that such racial tensions will inevitably arise.  Don’t confuse ethnic race with nationality.

We are Chinese Singaporeans, not China Chinese.  

Don’t for a moment even entertain the thought that their interests are aligned with us.

[+] 2 users Like p1acebo's post

(05-09-2022, 04:12 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  It is precisely that being of a minority race that control the majority of businesses and wealth in the country that such racial tensions will inevitably arise.  Don’t confuse ethnic race with nationality.We are Chinese Singaporeans, not China Chinese.  
Don’t for a moment even entertain the thought that their interests are aligned with us.

Errr...which one of my previous postings in this Thread is about "China Chinese" ? Huh 

Strange that you based on a simplistic argument about minority having "majority of businesses and wealth" = "racial tension: and then questioning ethnic Chinese loyalty in their own country..

Are you sugguesting it is okay to hate ethnic Chinese simply because they are relatively better off ?

(05-09-2022, 04:29 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Errr...which one of my previous postings in this Thread is about "China Chinese" ? Huh 

Strange that you based on a simplistic argument about minority having "majority of businesses and wealth" = "racial tension: and then questioning ethnic Chinese loyalty in their own country..

Are you sugguesting it is okay to hate ethnic Chinese simply because they are relatively better off ?

I was using your example that you posted of Indonesian Chinese.  And thus replied in that context. 

I am not sure of your origins, but I only root for Singapore since I was born and bred here.   By all means work with everybody, but always align to our national interests first.

[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(05-09-2022, 04:36 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  I was using your example that you posted of Indonesian Chinese.  And thus replied in that context. 
I am not sure of your origins, but I only root for Singapore since I was born and bred here.   By all means work with everybody, but always align to our national interests first.

Sorry hor - your comment has nothing to do with the context -but rather your are just dwelling on the same conflict of identity that Indonesians Chinese had faced for decades...from systematic discrimination to outright genocidal persecution for decades just outside of SG - which you conveniently avoid mentioning.

Sure you can claim Singapore is your "only root" ....But not everybody subscribes to this idealistic notion of identity.
Thus you have issue with those who wants to keep their cultural heritage, just like the very "Westernised" SCMP Canadian Chinese reporter.... Big Grin

(05-09-2022, 08:00 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Sorry hor - your comment has nothing to do with the context -but rather your are just dwelling on the same conflict of identity that Indonesians Chinese had faced for decades...from systematic discrimination to outright genocidal persecution for decades just outside of SG - which you conveniently avoid mentioning.

Sure you can claim Singapore is your "only root" ....But not everybody subscribes to this idealistic notion of identity.
Thus you have issue with those who wants to keep their cultural heritage, just like the very "Westernised" SCMP Canadian Chinese reporter.... Big Grin

From the points that you have made above, I am afraid that I have to disagree with you on all of them. I have been to the Middle Kingdom many, many times especially in the past decade due to work, so I definitely can appreciate their food, lifestyle, idiosyncrasies and culture, and I am not for or against the Middle Kingdom.

I maintain what I have indicated in my earlier posts. As no minds are changed, let's just agree to disagree Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(05-09-2022, 08:17 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  From the points that you have made above, I am afraid that I have to disagree with you on all of them. I have been to the Middle Kingdom many, many times especially in the past decade due to work, so I definitely can appreciate their food, lifestyle, idiosyncrasies and culture, and I am not for or against the Middle Kingdom. I maintain what I have indicated in my earlier posts. As no minds are changed, let's just agree to disagree Big Grin

Sure say all you want. I am just an average Singaporean Chinese who happens to be a little more culturally aware than those who claim to visit the Middle Kingdom "many, many times" and "appreciate" the China Chinese...

I reserve my view on the same pple who tend to post contradictory past comments like this.... Rolleyes

(05-09-2022, 12:14 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  5,000 years culture Laughing

(05-09-2022, 08:49 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Sure say all you want. I am just an average Singaporean Chinese who happens to be a little more culturally aware than those who claim to visit the Middle Kingdom "many, many times" and "appreciate" the China Chinese...

I reserve my view on the same pple who tend to post contradictory past comments like this.... Rolleyes

Iobservation on postings that contradict what they claim to be..

Looks like you are more sensitive than you let on Laughing