how come why in 80s and 90s life in Sg so happy?

no much stress

daily come news, NEVER talk so much on property blah blah resale price etc. " IF You all remember? "
Hardly News on tv will talk about property.

parents working also not stress even doing those low pay job still able to feed their kids.

Kids also happy outside playing , around lively noise etc
[+] 2 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

in the 80s and 90s i very happy
remembers eats kfc colnel original recipie
remember my papa mama bringed me go emporium and sogo look see look see
remember buyed my frist digitek computer in 1996 also
wonderful and happy days pasted so fast just like one bink of eye
Frown

people are mean and scary
i dont know how they judge me
i dont know what they think about me
Sad 

(29-05-2023, 06:18 PM)zzzzzzz Wrote:  in the 80s and 90s i very happy
remembers eats kfc colnel original recipie
remember my papa mama bringed me go emporium and sogo look see look see
remember buyed my frist digitek computer in 1996 also
wonderful and happy days pasted so fast just like one bink of eye
Frown
Smile Yea good old days. But I preferring on Adults
Of course been kids nothing to worry etc

Adults wise , even pay less also happy.

Sg is not so crowded. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

15 Defunct Department Stores We Miss Most

https://www.bannedsite.com/post/15-defun...s-the-most

During the 80s and 90s, everything so cheap, no absd, no coe, no blah blah, ...

crying crying crying

everything went downhill on whose watch?

GCT and LHL open up SG like prostitutes.

Smile

Because of the perception that everybody's more or less equal. Now everyone knows how much others are earning so those who get much less will feel depressed.

I've written about it in this forum before. People's 烦恼 comes from the perceived inequality. If everyone is poor then everyone could be happy.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(29-05-2023, 06:46 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  During the 80s and 90s, everything so cheap, no absd, no coe, no blah blah, ...

Actually can't say that, also got rental increase, hawker foods price also increase but in a slow pace
unlike now increase like no body business when asked all claim due to Ukraine war, inflation, econonmics , GST hike ...
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(29-05-2023, 07:17 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Because of the perception that everybody's more or less equal. Now everyone knows how much others are earning so those who get much less will feel depressed.

I've written about it in this forum before. People's 烦恼 comes from the perceived inequality. If everyone is poor then everyone could be happy.

Actually this is happen in NK , and butan etc countries. Their people poor yet HAPPY.
I don't know, now is You earn lots of money but also stress on the other side, not happy ironic.

the increased is too fast and fury. not everyone can cope. sg is doom place , no future for next generation. they will be slave for live
[+] 1 user Likes jus4lucky's post

you beri unhappy now meh....lol

Because those living 80s & 90s …. all now middle age to old froggies … everyday complain this complain that, want this want that ....... how to be happy

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

hearsay

80s 90s

government cares more for the citizens

as such

no sinkie lives been disrupted disturbed destroyed by those imported foreign talented as well as non-talented

whereas now

government cares more for themselves rather (see oxley see ridout)

most importantly

the honourable smart alec not yet pm

yet to pay ownself millions and pull sinkies down

thereafter

nightmares after nightmares
hardly a sweet dream ever since
[+] 1 user Likes KILLjoy's post

(29-05-2023, 06:46 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  During the 80s and 90s, everything so cheap, no absd, no coe, no blah blah, ...

you forget to mention 1 most important thing : no dishonorable son pwn us.

(29-05-2023, 07:13 PM)Niubee Wrote:  GCT and LHL open up SG like prostitutes.

The 80s and 90d were when the boomers were young and typically every boomer had 5 or 6 siblings. We were a nation of young people.

Today the boomers have become lau uncles and lau aunties. The TFR of 1.1 meant that they did not replace themselves. We are now an aged nation, do you even realize that?

If we had not given foreigners a Singaporean NRIC, our percentage of young Singapresns would be even lower. You can call it open the floodgates but I'd bet even if the oppo were the government they would also have to do the same thing.
[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

80s 90s - LKY no nonsense policy. no one above the law : corrupted minister (Tay C H) charged in court.

(29-05-2023, 10:08 PM)KILLjoy Wrote:  hearsay

80s 90s

government cares more for the citizens

as such

no sinkie lives been disrupted disturbed destroyed by those imported foreign talented as well as non-talented

whereas now

government cares more for themselves rather (see oxley see ridout)

most importantly

the honourable smart alec not yet pm

yet to pay ownself millions and pull sinkies down

thereafter

nightmares after nightmares
hardly a sweet dream ever since
Angry Angry Angry

(29-05-2023, 10:16 PM)Oyk Wrote:  The 80s and 90d were when the boomers were young and typically every boomer had 5 or 6 siblings. We were a nation of young people.

Today the boomers have become lau uncles and lau aunties. The TFR of 1.1 meant that they did not replace themselves. We are now an aged nation, do you even realize that?

If we had not given foreigners a Singaporean NRIC, our percentage of young Singapresns would be even lower. You can call it open the floodgates but I'd bet even if the oppo were the government they would also have to do the same thing.

The jobs we used to do were just right for many peepur. But these were lost to China as factories after factories shut down.

We had to move out of sunset industries... up the value chain. Unfortunately not every Singaporean was university material. Many were unable to relearn or upskill, and even today not all zoomers can study and graduate with a degree or diploma which is in demand. 

Hence we need FTs. And the 39% stir jealousy and envy by pointing at those fellows in green jerseys saying that they lost theit jobs as IT professionals, bankers, doctors because of pap open leg policy (sic).

(29-05-2023, 06:15 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  no much stress

daily come news, NEVER talk so much on property blah blah resale price etc. " IF You all remember? "
Hardly News on tv will talk about property.

parents working also not stress even doing those low pay job still able to feed their kids.

Kids also happy outside playing , around lively noise etc

the truth is LKY and his team knows how to 分寸
that why the people are happy and he has 100% vote

the nincompoop son do not know what is 分寸
and never will he get 100% vote like his father did

分寸

Last time 1 fare card press 60 cents can sit from jurong to pair ris....provided no bus conductor come and check

(29-05-2023, 10:04 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Because those living 80s & 90s …. all now middle age to old froggies … everyday complain this complain that, want this want that ....... how to be happy

One have a stable high paying job of course no complaint, can sing song.  Such people dont know what real poverty is.  
When one is out of job, no money, live on day to day with mouths to feed how not to be unhappy.

Because there is no CECAs and not much PMET FTs except for those with work permit doing menial labour.

Now the whole freaking island is so over-crowded with sky-high HDB prices and CECA everywhere, of course will lead to more tension.
[+] 1 user Likes lioncityftw's post

(30-05-2023, 12:43 AM)lioncityftw Wrote:  Because there is no CECAs and not much PMET FTs except for those with work permit doing menial labour.

Now the whole freaking island is so over-crowded with sky-high HDB prices and CECA everywhere, of course will lead to more tension.
Thumbs_up Thumbs_up Thumbs_up

(29-05-2023, 06:32 PM)Reddishday Wrote:  15 Defunct Department Stores We Miss Most

https://www.bannedsite.com/post/15-defun...s-the-most

I miss Emporium and SOGO!!!!!!

80s 90s no GST.

[Image: nudie.gif]

(29-05-2023, 11:55 PM)Goldmine Wrote:  One have a stable high paying job of course no complaint, can sing song.  Such people dont know what real poverty is.  
When one is out of job, no money, live on day to day with mouths to feed how not to be unhappy.

I see many well-off are the one complaining. Too free, eat full no shit to poo poo

Jobless & no money, busy look for job, no time to complain. If got time to complain then deserve to be jobless and broke

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin