lim swee say (pap) snubbed sim wong hoo

lim swee say (pap) snubbed sim wong hoo

"When sim wong hoo had developed the 8 bit cound card, he came to NCB (National Computer Board, now known as iDA)to explain what he has done and why he needed $ 250K to market this at Comdex ( trade show in the U.S.) The CEO of NCB was Lim Swee Say (current Minister) and the Chairman was Tan Chin Nam (now Perm Sec of MoM).

Both of them ended up ridiculing him, saying that no one would every want to hear a sound from the PC. And moreover also mentioned that he was just a poly dip holder and thet he needs to develop something for the local market for which NCB would give him assistance."

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threa...o.6858041/

---------

"Sim Wong Hoo

He was an icon of my era.

I remembered the kind of excitement when we first had Creative Sound Blaster installed into our computers in RV computer room.

During my time, whenever we talked about successful entrepreneurship in Singapore, we would proudly mention Sim Wong Hoo.

However, it's not PAP's typical elites nor scholars, he was just a poly graduate.

His success wasn't founded upon Singapore's system, in fact he would have failed in Singapore's system if he didn't venture out to Silicon Valley. We wouldn't have the first Creative Sound Blaster made from SG ... err, not exactly, it was conceived and created in US by a true blue Singaporean who isn't considered as "Top Talent" by our Singapore system.

He would have become just another ordinary engineer working for some MNC in SG, taking a decent pay but Singapore would have lost a shining star.

Sim Wong Hoo wasn't just an Icon of my era but a Prime Example of what Went Wrong with our elitist system, by stucking out as a sore thumb of counter example to what PAP would want us to be

SWH should not have moved his base back to SG, a place where people who are "outlier" of the system, non conformists of PAP's system or just rebels, are all ostracized and thumbed down.

But that's history and he just loved his own country, regardless.

Goodbye Wong Hoo. You have inspired at least two generations of Singaporeans even without you knowing.

RIP."

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story...XhUHeigSFl&id=1028466204&mibextid=Nif5oz
[+] 4 users Like Bigbluedot's post

This lim suay suay really suay lao.
[+] 1 user Likes Bigbluedot's post

In Singapore even Einstein will be just a nobody.
[+] 2 users Like Blasterlord2's post

AND Lim claim " see my CPF feel so rich " thats ONLY APPLY TO HIM

PAP greed is as usual....
[+] 3 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(05-01-2023, 11:35 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  In Singapore even Einstein will be just a nobody.

yes 

if bill gates were to be born in singapore
he will be a beggar
begging rich outside chinese temple

singapore's bill gates  will not be that USA bill gates today

These idiots duno killed off how many would-be entrepreneurs
[+] 2 users Like WhatDoYouThink!'s post

that why PAP say cannot find local talented need to find FTs

the problem is with PAP is that

THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO FIND LOCAL TALENT
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

(05-01-2023, 11:40 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  yes 

he will be a beggar

I guess this is why Razor Ah Tan go USA marketing his stuffs FIRST and success

IF he start from SG confirm condemn , so call Govt keep bragging " Support LOCAL companies , corporation "

which GIC TS Holdings also claim but EPIC they support " Grab etc Foreigner companies so much "

BUT COME TAKE TAXES , NUMBER 1
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(05-01-2023, 11:29 PM)Bigbluedot Wrote:  This lim suay suay really suay lao.
Yes. Very xia suay type.  Wonder does this xia suay hv brain?  Not even smarter than an Poly grad.  Really xia suay until trouser drop.
[+] 2 users Like Gemstar's post

(05-01-2023, 11:42 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  that why PAP say cannot find local talented need to find FTs

the problem is with PAP is that

THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO FIND LOCAL TALENT

Their definition of talent is those who are yes men and do whatever their bosses told them to do. However, true talents are usually the opposite.
[+] 4 users Like Blasterlord2's post

(05-01-2023, 11:48 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Their definition of talent is those who are yes men and do whatever their bosses told them to do. However, true talents are usually the opposite.

Is " more likely Govt will support so call Local corporation come VOTES " or got their own PAP ppl inside tag with it

Like Keppel, Comfort, Singtel etc
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Examples of puppy's talent are like hole jinx ho, developer of parking app and trace altogether

another smart alec
who think himself is god level
and speak without much thinking
nor spare a thought for others

and 

he got the greatest god's gift on 6th July
too bad not on the 13th July instead

how does it feel?
song bo?

That's why these JLBs greedy wannabe contrarians without any brains tried their best to block Binance and quietly yet blatantly invested heavily on FTX, which is an obvious scam, just because Binance do not need any investors to corrupt its excellence, so they buay song cannot have a part in it, so keep blocking Binance's licence application with MAS, but unfortunately, these JLBs buay kan, end up losing close to 400 million of taxpayers money gambling on FTX, which they considered it's their money and call themselves sovereign fund, but refuses to honor their obligations to the country as a sovereign fund, their fiduciary duties, the fund does nt belong to them, it belongs to the country and not to any political party, but of ocurse they pretend not to know this fact and choose to think it is a private equity fund, which it is definitely not!

Really shameless, arrogant, brainless, JLBs and stewpig!
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

[Image: Manpower_Minister_Lim_Swee_Say_broke_down.jpg]

Smile

(05-01-2023, 11:39 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  AND Lim claim " see my CPF feel so rich " thats ONLY APPLY TO HIM

PAP greed is as usual....

Ta ma de.

Has any pap left their high paying jobs to start a successful business?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

When Sim Wong Hoo and his team took the sound card to EDB then, nobody believed him.

And he has to bring this sound card to the US to look for investors, which he did and eventually went onto the stock exchange there with his new found company.

That’s when EDB realised what they have missed and eventually had to lure him back and gave him a piece of Jurong East plot of land to have his own company set up in the 90’s.

Another one is the guy who is selling the sand castle mould in east coast beach.

Our government back then didn’t really give much support to local entrepreneurs this was what being the story mentioned by those successful ones in their interview back then not sure about now.
[+] 1 user Likes kangtangman's post

(06-01-2023, 03:37 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Has any pap left their high paying jobs to start a successful business?
Not applicable to Mr LKY.

Is SWH a billionaire when he passed on?

(06-01-2023, 06:02 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  Is SWH a billionaire when he passed on?

https://geniuscelebs.com/sim-wong-hoo-ne...irlfriend/
[+] 1 user Likes kangtangman's post

The ruling party here only support their home grown elite talents like that joker who sank both NOL SPH Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

https://singaporenewsnetwork.com/singapo...reporters/

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like p1acebo's post

SWH does not fit into the ruling party’s image of a talent then because he was not a U grad.

After he found success in the US, they then changed their tune and now every skool is a good skool Laughing

(06-01-2023, 05:35 AM)kangtangman Wrote:  When Sim Wong Hoo and his team took the sound card to EDB then, nobody believed him.

And he has to bring this sound card to the US to look for investors, which he did and eventually went onto the stock exchange there with his new found company.

That’s when EDB realised what they have missed and eventually had to lure him back and gave him a piece of Jurong East plot of land to have his own company set up in the 90’s.

Another one is the guy who is selling the sand castle mould in east coast beach.

Our government back then didn’t really give much support to local entrepreneurs this was what being the story mentioned by those successful ones in their interview back then not sure about now.

Don't support never mind inventor can try to find private VC.

Worse is you go to them for funding they steal your idea and destroy you using legal attrition means.

https://www.asiaone.com/health/doctors-c...al-station

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(05-01-2023, 11:40 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  yes 

he will be a beggar

Will become cardboard collector or HC cleaner during old age. Their system of elitism is a grave mistake.

We need real meritocratic system.
Entrepreneurs are risk takers, those higher qualification holders will mostly hide in their comfort zone. Will not come out to set up own business.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

The narrative by hardwarezone is wrong on facts. LSS was never the CEO of NCB. He was the GM. And later versions of bosses there are known as CE, never CEO.

he only know how to upturn the downturn
https://youtu.be/CTMMRrxx-Ug

Besides Sim Wan hoo, still have another poly grad also quite successful is Edmond Tie, right?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(05-01-2023, 11:27 PM)Bigbluedot Wrote:  lim swee say (pap) snubbed sim wong hoo

"When sim wong hoo had developed the 8 bit cound card, he came to NCB (National Computer Board, now known as iDA)to explain what he has done and why he needed $ 250K to market this at Comdex ( trade show in the U.S.) The CEO of NCB was Lim Swee Say (current Minister) and the Chairman was Tan Chin Nam (now Perm Sec of MoM).

Both of them ended up ridiculing him, saying that no one would every want to hear a sound from the PC. And moreover also mentioned that he was just a poly dip holder and thet he needs to develop something for the local market for which NCB would give him assistance."

---------

"Sim Wong Hoo

He was an icon of my era.

I remembered the kind of excitement when we first had Creative Sound Blaster installed into our computers in RV computer room.

During my time, whenever we talked about successful entrepreneurship in Singapore, we would proudly mention Sim Wong Hoo.

However, it's not PAP's typical elites nor scholars, he was just a poly graduate.

His success wasn't founded upon Singapore's system, in fact he would have failed in Singapore's system if he didn't venture out to Silicon Valley. We wouldn't have the first Creative Sound Blaster made from SG ... err, not exactly, it was conceived and created in US by a true blue Singaporean who isn't considered as "Top Talent" by our Singapore system.

He would have become just another ordinary engineer working for some MNC in SG, taking a decent pay but Singapore would have lost a shining star.

Sim Wong Hoo wasn't just an Icon of my era but a Prime Example of what Went Wrong with our elitist system, by stucking out as a sore thumb of counter example to what PAP would want us to be

SWH should not have moved his base back to SG, a place where people who are "outlier" of the system, non conformists of PAP's system or just rebels, are all ostracized and thumbed down.

But that's history and he just loved his own country, regardless.

Goodbye Wong Hoo. You have inspired at least two generations of Singaporeans even without you knowing.

RIP."

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story...XhUHeigSFl&id=1028466204&mibextid=Nif5oz

Let this be very clear, and should never be a debate...PAP  is never a good judge of character. That is why people like Christopher Desouza, John Ong, Michael Palmer, Teh Cheang Wan all can sneaked in so easily. Even Yang Yin is a foot away from becoming an MP. What does OYKovid, JT, GFool, MZeeeeee, Keee Chiew have that Jamus, Periera, Gerald Giam.PS don’t have. The big difference is that the former served with their pockets, the latter with their hearts. To the members getting into PAP, becoming MP is seeking a job, with a fat salary. Serving the people is secondary,.

CHAOS & Cityhantam are 2 sick CCP mother-fcuker bastards, who support Islamic radical Simplemen, aka Imran, who has been belittling Chinese, juz because their mothers like farking Hamas dogs

[+] 2 users Like YummyKing's post