SG Talk

Full Version: George Goh broke down in tears
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Unable to accept the result of election committee.

https://www.8world.com/singapore/pe2023-...op-2216566
这对国家而言也是挫败. So true
This Piak And Piak really 怕输, always play dirty last minute
TCB also like that , flash out halimah, now this.
If so scared of losing.
Change back to Selected President lah. Why the wayang?
Why dun give ppl a chance ? I find he has all the managerial skills, critical thinking skills plus a good character.
They people no chance but want to act fair but all hidden.
His story from rags to riches, about a determined man who chiong and worked hard to prepare the PE journey 7 years ago because of the change in the legislation made him too strong a candidate.

PAP can only cheat and wipe him out with a stroke of a pen.
They are afraid of his popularity. Lesson learned from letting Ah Bock run the last time. This time, no Goh!

No, Harvey Norman, no !
He is not suitable anyway

He will not be the voice of the people as he does not have a compassionate soul

Not suitable, he cannot see the big picture

He is just an entreprenaur at heart

Not suitable
Anybody just born out can be a president? .....
He overestimated himself and underestimated TKL
Still young compared to the rest, can try again for the next elrection
I don't know why his advisors gave him so much hope that he can qualify. I always thought that he won't because the eligibility rules are quite clear that he needs to be head of a company with 500m equity or equivalent experience. Not a mix of companies that add up to 500m.
(18-08-2023, 08:29 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]Still young compared to the rest, can try again for the next elrection

Yah, he must consolidate all his companies into 1 first. He got 6 years to prepare if next one is open like now.

But if next one is minority race, he needs 12 years?
Six yrs later.....join Nosignboard ; sure got min $500M....
(18-08-2023, 08:37 PM)starbugs Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why his advisors gave him so much hope that he can qualify. I always thought that he won't because the eligibility rules are quite clear that he needs to be head of a company with 500m equity or equivalent experience. Not a mix of companies that add up to 500m.

There is another clause besides this $500m requirement. It is not strictly this requirement.

If they want to let him in, they can. Obviously they dont want, that's why he is out.
(18-08-2023, 08:37 PM)starbugs Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why his advisors gave him so much hope that he can qualify. I always thought that he won't because the eligibility rules are quite clear that he needs to be head of a company with 500m equity or equivalent experience. Not a mix of companies that add up to 500m.

Same thinking.

Correct and the PEC has a point to be strict in their rules and arrived at a correct decision.

While GG can claim previously in a media interview that running individual companies and making them profitable is more difficult than running one holding company hence he is very confident, it is just a smokescreen strawman argument.

Reason is simple - it cannot set a precedent to allow any candidate running multiple entities, in this case GG claimed to own 200 companies opened and closed, to cherry pick only the profitable ones to form $500M, without having the group margin affected by those other companies losing monies and closed down. This would not be fair to those who successfully manage a single holding company and make it profitable.

Else for e.g. anyone who run 100 companies, only 3 has > $500M equity and profitable but majority of the rest all losing money or closed down losing hundreds of millions with an overall negative margin, can also anyhow cheery pick the best ones to submit, LOL.
Notice that he always says "this country", "the people of this country" and never "our country". Those ex-PRCs also speak this way. Look like all new citizens are like that.
No need to cry if he really mean by service to the country. If the country don't need his service then just move on.
how many percent of overall votes will the people's action party garner at the next general election...?
In the first place this criterion of managing a 500mil company is ridiculous. How is he inferior to Halimah who was just a speaker?
Georgie Boy …..so old yet so meow meow ….. life sometimes is shite ……. that life ...

The PE criteria was clearly designed to only fit PaP candidates.
(18-08-2023, 07:27 PM)Truebluesg Wrote: [ -> ]这对国家而言也是挫败. So true
This Piak And Piak really 怕输,  always play dirty last minute
TCB also like that , flash out halimah, now this.
If so scared of losing.
Change back to Selected President lah. Why the wayang?

correct,,, wasting sillyporean time and resource.. our money too..

this PM shd be change asap... under him so many problem, his father house,, adultery,, suspect corruption,,, what is next??? I wonder.

faster handover to LW , maybe got hope..
GG is not that old and he still has a chance in the next PE. If the total equity of all his companies is really above 500mil, he can inject his other 4 companies into Ossia to meet the criteria next time.
Cast blank vote in the coming election.

Who the fxxx decided that a working class person cannot be a president?

With all the criteria, the aim is only to make sure that the president job is retained within a small group of ppl in sinkie land.

Vote blank vote and let whoever win this election win with a super low %. See whether he got face to be president or not.
(18-08-2023, 11:04 PM)victortan Wrote: [ -> ]correct,,, wasting sillyporean time and resource.. our money too..

this PM shd be change asap... under him so many problem, his father house,, adultery,, suspect corruption,,, what is next??? I wonder.

LW got hope??

You must be kidding
(18-08-2023, 11:04 PM)victortan Wrote: [ -> ]correct,,, wasting sillyporean time and resource.. our money too..

what Piak And Piak did , was simply taking away Singaporean's rights and chance to Vote for a president they would elect.
basically by setting up silly rules and playing silly games.
It is no longer a fair playing field for anyone NOT from Piak And Piak and no longer a fair playing field for voters as well
(18-08-2023, 07:22 PM)Everything Everywhere Wrote: [ -> ]Unable to accept the result of election committee.

https://www.8world.com/singapore/pe2023-...op-2216566

Lose no up meh? Thinking
GG cannot qualify cos he tried play with words and tried to twist the rules to his advantage by interpreting it differently. Now he says it's unfair. I don't think this kind of person have any integrity at all. Cannot be trusted at all.
(19-08-2023, 06:23 AM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]GG cannot qualify cos he tried play with words and tried to twist the rules to his advantage by interpreting it differently. Now he says it's unfair. I don't think this kind of person have any integrity at all. Cannot be trusted at all.

As usual, you're a hypocrite and a PAP MOH plp

Let me tell you what the Constitution says about this then

The Constitution did mention $500m but it did not say there should not be any aggregation of various companies to make it to $500m

It did however mention that the the candidate to be eligible, should be the chief or the very top position of this $500m entity

Then there is an alternative track that allows aggregation, subject to PEC evaluating its merits, hence that aspect is SUBJECTIVE

So, to say GG deliberately twisted the rules to his advantage is OUT OF LINE and to draw conclusion on his integrity is deliberately superficial and shows the type of flawed character that you possess, jumping to conclusion based on superficial knowledge, which you are usually prone to do so

You are hopeless, besides being a PAP MOH plp, you also have this flawed character and has shown you are also a hypocrite

That's why I will always whack you at every opportunity I have

Karma will get you, you just wait..
Pages: 1 2