SG Talk

Full Version: The double standards of this govt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It is wishful thinking of our govt that retraining is the panacea to solving our unemployment problems. Many can attest that the employers will not want to employ people who just obtained a certificate through a short course. Don't get me wrong. Upgrading one's skills is always good, but this should be done when you already have a job, not when you're out of it.

But that's not the core message of this post. The point is, why are people in PAP's circle able to jump from one place to another without needing to have experience in that area at all? Don't they need to upgrade their skills through working at a lower level first instead of parachuting into senior management straight away? I'm tired of PAP ministers and MPs telling us to upgrade our skills when they don't do it themselves.

Another of this govt's hypocrisy that people should be cheaper, faster and better. Of course this is the ideal case, but is it realistic? I suggest they try it themselves by cutting their salary by half since they believe in being cheaper. Of course, 'cheaper' is always applied on other people, never on themselves. And yes, they believe they should be paid better because they're talents but so far, I haven't seen much of their talents. 

There are many more, such as advocating green energy but support digital currency mining (then they impose a carbon tax on us), declaring that their system is a meritocratic one when so many of their MPs simply rode on the coattails of ministers in order to get into parliament. In case we forget, there's also a case of MAS allowing its chief fintech officer to have an appointment in India when the govt doesn't allow its employees to double hat.

I don't believe other parties will do better than PAP in these aspects but the least we can do is deny them of a overwhelming majority in parliament.
1 more - advocate EVs but super high road tax for EVs
U confirm plp PAP wan.

Took u so long still haven't wake up.
(04-11-2021, 11:54 AM)Notdumb Wrote: [ -> ]U confirm plp PAP wan.

Not everyone is plp PAP but many people's rice bowl depend on them so no choice. If u find yourself in that position I think u will also plp and plp doubly hard.
(04-11-2021, 12:54 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]Not everyone is plp PAP but many people's rice bowl depend on them so no choice. If u find yourself in that position I think u will also plp and plp doubly hard.

Who say public servants sure hv to plp?

U know that Leong sued by PM? He's my OC in Army. We both sign on wan.
I still remember the day GCT and LHL came to negotiate our salary.
PAP Ministers are like Jac Lau with good education but no brains.

Let me spell out the Stupidity of Ong Ye Kung.

On 1 November 2016, he was promoted to Second Minister for Defence while concurrently holding the portfolio of Minister for Education (Higher Education and Skills) alongside Ng Chee Meng, who was Minister for Education (Schools). In 2017, Ong moved a Bill in Parliament to confer the Singapore University of Social Sciences autonomous status.[13]

On 1 May 2018, the two Education portfolios were merged into a single one; Ong took over the single portfolio as Minister for Education.
(04-11-2021, 01:24 PM)Notdumb Wrote: [ -> ]Who say public servants sure hv to plp?

U know that Leong sued by PM? He's my OC in Army. We both sign on wan.
I still remember the day GCT and LHL came to negotiate our salary.
Leong Sze Hian? He's no longer civil servant liao then dare to oppose mah. When he's still your OC u think he dare? Also plp lah. Same for u.
(04-11-2021, 11:45 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]It is wishful thinking of our govt that retraining is the panacea to solving our unemployment problems. Many can attest that the employers will not want to employ people who just obtained a certificate through a short course. Don't get me wrong. Upgrading one's skills is always good, but this should be done when you already have a job, not when you're out of it.

But that's not the core message of this post. The point is, why are people in PAP's circle able to jump from one place to another without needing to have experience in that area at all? Don't they need to upgrade their skills through working at a lower level first instead of parachuting into senior management straight away? I'm tired of PAP ministers and MPs telling us to upgrade our skills when they don't do it themselves.

Another of this govt's hypocrisy that people should be cheaper, faster and better. Of course this is the ideal case, but is it realistic? I suggest they try it themselves by cutting their salary by half since they believe in being cheaper. Of course, 'cheaper' is always applied on other people, never on themselves. And yes, they believe they should be paid better because they're talents but so far, I haven't seen much of their talents. 

There are many more, such as advocating green energy but support digital currency mining (then they impose a carbon tax on us), declaring that their system is a meritocratic one when so many of their MPs simply rode on the coattails of ministers in order to get into parliament. In case we forget, there's also a case of MAS allowing its chief fintech officer to have an appointment in India when the govt doesn't allow its employees to double hat.

I don't believe other parties will do better than PAP in these aspects but the least we can do is deny them of a overwhelming majority in parliament.

we going to reset them, fix them, target their million dollar pay check coming next GE if only sinkies unite ... but then again never underestimate the daftness of sinkies

nothing to lose now since covid and the pappy has reset our lifes and economy.. everything will start afresh with minimal pappy around
(04-11-2021, 11:54 AM)Notdumb Wrote: [ -> ]U confirm plp PAP wan.

what is plp?
(04-11-2021, 03:32 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]Leong Sze Hian? He's no longer civil servant liao then dare to oppose mah. When he's still your OC u think he dare? Also plp lah. Same for u.

Why dare not?

Plp means must always vote them and sing their praise hor. In Army can see who they r easily. Damn on wan.
(04-11-2021, 03:46 PM)happyharvest Wrote: [ -> ]what is plp?

Carry balls lah.
Always vote PAP but kpkb(cry father cry mother) the most.

I call them dumbfarks!
(04-11-2021, 03:46 PM)happyharvest Wrote: [ -> ]what is plp? (Po..Lam..pa)
(04-11-2021, 03:57 PM)Notdumb Wrote: [ -> ]Why dare not?

Plp means must always vote them and sing their praise hor. In Army can see who they r easily. Damn on wan.

U really daft if u think that Leong Sze Hian said those things when he's still with the civil service. He old liao then say those things lah.
Singapore is one of the Four Countries. Highly inferctious mentioned bt the India Indian boy.
(04-11-2021, 04:09 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]U really daft if u think that Leong Sze Hian said those things when he's still with the civil service. He old liao then say those things lah.

Leong SH cannot anyhow say things cos he can kenna sued..... crying
(04-11-2021, 04:09 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]U really daft if u think that Leong Sze Hian said those things when he's still with the civil service. He old liao then say those things lah.

Guess u really cant understand lah.
(04-11-2021, 11:45 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]It is wishful thinking of our govt that retraining is the panacea to solving our unemployment problems. Many can attest that the employers will not want to employ people who just obtained a certificate through a short course. Don't get me wrong. Upgrading one's skills is always good, but this should be done when you already have a job, not when you're out of it.

You really think that the ministers do not know what you have said.
They know all about what you have said and yet they are still doing the same thing again and again.
I know what you have said 10 years ago and mentioned in this and past forum many times.
(04-11-2021, 04:29 PM)forum456 Wrote: [ -> ]You really think that the ministers do not know what you have said.
They know all about what you have said and yet they are still doing the same thing again and again.
I know what you have said 10 years ago and mentioned in this and past forum many times.

It's not written for the ministers to read...
(04-11-2021, 04:29 PM)forum456 Wrote: [ -> ]You really think that the ministers do not know what you have said.

Let me give you a simple example.

I hold a monopoly in a market product or monopoly govt in a country.
Many customers feedback that my company phone does not have new features as my competitors.
I know but I will not spend money on new features because I know many customers still continue to buy my monopoly phone.
Customers continue to buy my monopoly phone because I have something which my competitors do not have or will not have.

I hold a monopoly govt in the country.
Many residents feedback that govt sponsored training cannot get jobs.
I know but I will not spend money on unemployment benefits because I know many residents will continue to vote for my party.
Voters continue to vote for my monopoly party because I have something which my competitors do not have or will not have.

This is the power of MONOPOLY in politics and business
(04-11-2021, 04:12 PM)Teeth53 Wrote: [ -> ]Singapore is one of the Four Countries. Highly infectious mentioned by the India Indian boy.
U.S., England, Israel n Singapore. A follower of U.S.

So watch out. More n more cases... crying
(04-11-2021, 04:43 PM)forum456 Wrote: [ -> ]Let me give you a simple example.

Many customers feedback that my company phone does not have new features as my competitors.
I know but I will not spend money on new features because I know many customers still continue to buy my monopoly phone.
Customers continue to buy my monopoly phone because I have something which my competitors do not have or will not have.

I know but I will not spend money on unemployment benefits because I know many residents will continue to vote for my party.
Voters continue to vote for my monopoly party because I have something which my competitors do not have or will not have.

But that monopoly is eroding. If they still don't buck up, people may choose to go to their 'inferior' competitors to try them out.
(04-11-2021, 04:44 PM)Teeth53 Wrote: [ -> ]U.S., England, Israel n Singapore. A follower of U.S.

So watch out. More n more cases... crying
This India boy said. Financial stablize come ONLY IN 2023.
(04-11-2021, 04:43 PM)forum456 Wrote: [ -> ]Let me give you a simple example.

Unless someone breaks my monopoly, I will continue to remain status quo or set my own rules.
(04-11-2021, 04:47 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]But that monopoly is eroding. If they still don't buck up, people may choose to go to their 'inferior' competitors to try them out.

Yes.

Who can break monopoly of Apple, Microsoft and PAP ?

They buy the best talents in the market.
(04-11-2021, 04:51 PM)forum456 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes.

Who can break monopoly of Apple, Microsoft and PAP ?

They buy the best talents in the market.

I can accept your comments... Clapping
(04-11-2021, 04:47 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]But that monopoly is eroding. If they still don't buck up, people may choose to go to their 'inferior' competitors to try them out.

The monopoly is not eroding fast enough. If they had lost East coast GRC as well last time, I'm sure they'll really wake up more.
1. Only idiots like Ong YK copy SkillsFuture blindly from UK.
That is why they succeed while we fail.

2. SkillsFuture MUST fill the specific skills gap.
If anyhow take any course, it does not help

3. Employees must be on the job so that they can narrow- down the few priorities
This way, companies can benefit from employees attending the course

4. You are already in the job and thus, can easily practise your new knowledge at work
Then this will be CONVERTED to become skills.

Who are the fcking moron LJ and CCBAI who voted for idiots like Ong YK??

(04-11-2021, 12:54 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]Not everyone is plp PAP but many people's rice bowl depend on them so no choice. If u find yourself in that position I think u will also plp and plp doubly hard.
You are one of them that do not hv backbone and spine to stand on yr own feet.
(04-11-2021, 05:29 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]You are one of them that do not hv backbone and spine to stand on yr own feet.

I have passed the 'used by' date... I am only a plankton in the ocean.... nudie
Pages: 1 2