SG Talk

Full Version: Why TKL will make a good President
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*Why TKL will make a good President*

One former staff of Income shared this insight.

I just like to share some personal views of TKL which convinced me to support him, not just because he was my ex-CEO. It is not about his work experience, skills etc but more so of what I can see him as a potential President who is really caring for SGPOREANS with his kindness. I just share a couple of true examples of his values and kindness here:

Kindness
If you know TKL personally, indeed, he is a very kind person who cares for SGporeans especially, the lower income people. During our lunch meets with some ex-Income colleagues, he talked a lot about this lower-income group on how the government should help to make living easier for them, reasonably. He came from a very humble background and work hard to earn his course fees as his family can't afford to fund for him.

During the SARS period, he promised the office staff in NTUC Income that no one would be retrenched as long as he was the CEO. That's him who cared for people. He felt that then that the government could have help SGPOREANS more then although SARS was a totally new occurrence.

The insurance agents could not make decent living during SARS because of the fear in the market. TKL instructed the Income HR to create part-time or hourly customer service roles for those insurance agents who really need help to earn a decent income. TKL was more concern about how these agents could bring food home or service their mortgages. This is really a very kind 'heart' of TKL being a CEO.

I believe he will continue to be kind as that's his nature. In this sense, a potential kind President is in the offering comes 1 September. Hence, I will support him for his kind-hearted nature and many good attributes.

Protecting Our Reserves
TKL spoke often about the high salaries of our Ministers. He thought them being too high measured against what they have done for SGPOREANS. Although this is subjective but I personally think there's much truth in it... just look at what some of our Ministers are, just looking at a few Josephine Teo or Indranee Rajah... we have listened, heard and saw their behaviours even in full sight of the public eye. Are they worth the $M salaries?
TKL is probably the only CEO who refused to take business class for his business trips overseas... all because, he wanted to save expenses for NTUC Income 😀😀... In this sense, he portrays a nature of someone who is not at any time going to squander off our reserves but spend what's necessary to help current generation first and not just keep piling for future generations, alone. As much as I knew when i joined NTUC Income, he didn't want to change his company offered car.. old but still running. I remember it as a Volvo. He refused to take a Mercedes because he felt not necessary until, I think, the Board insisted that he be given a new car to ride in. That's him ... his nature, no right nor wrong though. But it sparks a confidence in me that this man if becoming our President, will also safeguard our reserves well.

Adrian and All, apologies for my long msg but I thought i could share openly on why I will anchor my vote for *Tan Kin Lian*. I have nothing against *Tharman*, but i also thought enough of PAPpies version and I don't believe in *Ng Kok Song* ... could not believe that he stood to doing a 'knight's' kneel in public to do a photo shot with 3 young ladies at a food centre. To this, I see him as a big wayang king. Just my own impression of him and not to antagonise any of his supporters
TKL will make a better emperor than president.  Laughing
(24-08-2023, 08:43 PM)Gstalk Wrote: [ -> ]*Why TKL will make a good President*

One former staff of Income shared this insight.

I just like to share some personal views of TKL which convinced me to support him, not just because he was my ex-CEO. It is not about his work experience, skills etc but more so of what I can see him as a potential President who is really caring for SGPOREANS with his kindness. I just share a couple of true examples of his values and kindness here:

Kindness
If you know TKL personally, indeed, he is a very kind person who cares for SGporeans especially, the lower income people. During our lunch meets with some ex-Income colleagues, he talked a lot about this lower-income group on how the government should help to make living easier for them, reasonably. He came from a very humble background and work hard to earn his course fees as his family can't afford to fund for him.

During the SARS period, he promised the office staff in NTUC Income that no one would be retrenched as long as he was the CEO. That's him who cared for people. He felt that then that the government could have help SGPOREANS more then although SARS was a totally new occurrence.

The insurance agents could not make decent living during SARS because of the fear in the market. TKL instructed the Income HR to create part-time or hourly customer service roles for those insurance agents who really need help to earn a decent income. TKL was more concern about how these agents could bring food home or service their mortgages. This is really a very kind 'heart' of TKL being a CEO.

I believe he will continue to be kind as that's his nature. In this sense, a potential kind President is in the offering comes 1 September. Hence, I will support him for his kind-hearted nature and many good attributes.

Protecting Our Reserves
TKL spoke often about the high salaries of our Ministers. He thought them being too high measured against what they have done for SGPOREANS. Although this is subjective but I personally think there's much truth in it... just look at what some of our Ministers are, just looking at a few Josephine Teo or Indranee Rajah... we have listened, heard and saw their behaviours even in full sight of the public eye. Are they worth the $M salaries?
TKL is probably the only CEO who refused to take business class for his business trips overseas... all because, he wanted to save expenses for NTUC Income 😀😀... In this sense, he portrays a nature of someone who is not at any time going to squander off our reserves but spend what's necessary to help current generation first and not just keep piling for future generations, alone. As much as I knew when i joined NTUC Income, he didn't want to change his company offered car.. old but still running. I remember it as a Volvo. He refused to take a Mercedes because he felt not necessary until, I think, the Board insisted that he be given a new car to ride in. That's him ... his nature, no right nor wrong though. But it sparks a confidence in me that this man if becoming our President, will also safeguard our reserves well.

Adrian and All, apologies for my long msg but I thought i could share openly on why I will anchor my vote for *Tan Kin Lian*. I have nothing against *Tharman*, but i also thought enough of PAPpies version and I don't believe in *Ng Kok Song* ... could not believe that he stood to doing a 'knight's' kneel in public to do a photo shot with 3 young ladies at a food centre. To this, I see him as a big wayang king. Just my own impression of him and not to antagonise any of his supporters

WHEREAS A money faced  PAP MPS SAID THE PM must hv high pay so he can stand tall to talk to world leaders.

what is deng s p hght 
whta was his pay

he was much more respected in the world even money faced till today!!
(24-08-2023, 09:03 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]TKL will make a better emperor than president.  Laughing
You can be Eunuch
(24-08-2023, 09:22 PM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]You can be Eunuch

I don't support him. U can be his eunuch instead since u support him. Moreover, u have no kkj. Perfect to be eunuch.  Rotfl
(24-08-2023, 09:24 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]I don't support him. U can be his eunuch instead since u support him. Moreover, u have no kkj. Perfect to be eunuch.  Rotfl
As expected, smear me, smear TKL campaign

If I hv no kkb, what is that in your mouth?
(24-08-2023, 09:26 PM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]As expected, smear me, smear TKL campaign

If I hv no kkb, what is that in your mouth?

Words that u put into my mouth. Laughing
(24-08-2023, 09:59 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]Words that u put into my mouth. Laughing
I never say you support TKL what

You have not taken ur meds yet?
He is not interested in power and only want people to listen to him. Unlike some people who are interested in Dynasty..... no prize for guessing who.
The power is in the hands of the peope not the President
Make use of TKL to move the earth
(24-08-2023, 10:11 PM)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]The power is in the hands of the peope not the President
Make use of TKL to move the earth
This is the only chance that we can make a CHANGE. I believed TKL wil work the same way like our former President Honourable Ong Teng Cheong and continue with Honourable Ong legacy. This wil relieves every citizens that our Nation funds are in better hands.
(24-08-2023, 09:03 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]TKL will make a better emperor than president.  Laughing

You really bo tau now. Emperor is for the Dynasty, like the Li Dynasty.

TKL havent been in power and non of his siblings were in power before.

U really nincompoop
i close 2 eyes also wanto vote against anything from pay and pay.
the thing is i wont be around because my holiday IS BLADI MORE IMPT THAN WHAT VOTE!

ofc i very angry i cant vote!
(24-08-2023, 09:17 PM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]WHEREAS A money faced  PAP MPS SAID THE PM must hv high pay so he can stand tall to talk to world leaders.

what is deng s p hght 
whta was his pay

he was much more respected in the world even money faced till today!!

All are excuses to get high pay lah.

WTF