SG Talk

Full Version: TKL:When seeking a life partner, do not simply chase after the best-looking people
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/pe...ox-2238811

When you look for a life partner, you are looking for the prettiest girl and… the most gorgeous man. Everybody does. I say don't  — the competition is too big,” said the former chief executive of NTUC Income who is making his second run at the presidency, having lost in 2011.

“Why don't you choose someone, not the prettiest girl or the most gorgeous man, but someone who respects you, who likes you more than you like that person?”

This philosophy was one he came across through his own experiences, and won him his own partner, he said.

“Before I met my wife, I was choosing the prettiest girl — they don't want me! They got better competition. So when I met my wife, she accepted me and then we got married. So I think I'm not so fussy, I'm not so choosy.”
Read also
PE 2023: ‘Horrid’ or ‘not wrong’? Tan Kin Lian's ‘pretty girls’ posts draw sharp reactions; some say PEC can't police morality

This strategy is also a reflection of how he is a creative thinker, he said.

Beauty is skin deep. Everybody can be beautiful with makeup… so why don't you look for other qualities? Now this is called thinking out of the box,” said the 75-year-old grandfather of five.