SG Talk

Full Version: TKL: Think of others, not of yourself. I am Zhuge Liang
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/pe...ox-2238811
Mr Tan said most people are surprised to learn that one of his core values is that he would much rather do things for others than to act purely in his own interest.

"They will give me feedback about things I should or should not do from, I would say, a selfish perspective. For themselves, it would be better to do certain things for themselves, but I do things for other people," he said.

"I don't need all the advantages, I don't need. I would rather be prepared to help others."

Before the interview with Mr Tan drew to a close, TODAY asked him if he looked up to anyone who embodies his core values. He answered without any hint of hesitation.

Mr Tan’s Chinese name is anglicised as Chen Qin Liang, he said, and his hero is also a Liang.

Zhuge Liang, who lived during the "Three Kingdoms" period of China in the third century, was an accomplished strategist and had earned a reputation as an intelligent Chinese scholar in his lifetime.

Mr Tan told the story of how Zhuge Liang helped the king of the weakest kingdom defeat a much stronger army using his advice.

“(Zhuge Liang) used his wit and his cunning, but that required him to be able to analyse and understand the situation. That's the same quality I have," he said. "Any problem, I can see what are the key elements and what must you do to achieve success."

“Most people have only a certain way of thinking and they try to think the same way as everybody. I'm out of the box.
He will engage the ministers and give a hard time if they are unprepared or not up to mark. Good to see how JoT and Indra talk to him. No throwing of files please. 😂😂😂
(25-08-2023, 11:59 AM)Instinct Wrote: [ -> ]He will engage the ministers and give a hard time if they are unprepared or not up to mark. Good to see how JoT and Indra talk to him. No throwing of files please. 😂😂😂

LOVE TO SEE THAT HAPPEN TO JUSTIFY THEIR ABILITY TO EARN THE ABSURD MIILION $ SALARY!!
Think of others don’t ask for donation many are struggling to survive with high costs of living 
If u lose, they lose too.
If u win they don’t get nothing but big cannon ball.
(25-08-2023, 12:33 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]Think of others don’t ask for donation many are struggling to survive with high costs of living 
If u lose, they lose too.
If u win they don’t get nothing but big cannon ball.

He NATO meh use mouth only no need sweat and do anything. The want behind all these are Lim Tean and sdp.
Zhu... 
Same pronunciation but different meaning...
(25-08-2023, 12:38 PM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]He NATO meh use mouth only no need sweat and do anything

I also want this job.
Relax in instana, maids to serve,good food 
Like king, shake legs.travel free,bodyguards 24 hours.

Chat with people online 
Good salary who don’t want leh.
He would be better than those who just sit there and once in a while wave hands. You have seen so many already still don't know. Now a chance for a different one that is not going to serve the elite. Don't squander the chance.
He should be the PM and not the President then
One thing at a time lah. The elite and one party rule will change. Rome is not build in a day.
If you continue to vote status quo, nothing will change lah. So don't kpkb if you kena screw by the elite again.
(25-08-2023, 12:58 PM)Instinct Wrote: [ -> ]If you continue to vote status quo, nothing will change lah. So don't kpkb if you kena screw by the elite again.

Vote wisely in GE....
If the voting in PE also can't change, then GE will be the same. Change has to start now.
(25-08-2023, 01:03 PM)Instinct Wrote: [ -> ]If the voting in PE also can't change, then GE will be the same. Change has to start now.

Yup change president but system is still the same . Want change vote more opposition lawmaker into the parliament next GE.