SG Talk

Full Version: Last week my mom say go to JB City Sq to buy moon cakes..here are the prices..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like up quite a bit from previous years...you think it is worth buying? I just assumed it is cheaper than in Singapore so I bought 4 boxes. I have no idea how much moon cakes are selling in sg...indont like them but my mom wants to guve relatives.

[Image: AXfxeLf.jpg]
[Image: MjGdsvg.jpg]
[Image: 2xnjmka.jpg]
[Image: mpreA66.jpg]
No 88RM no talk
end of the day you better buy locally

- no need to stuck in traffic jam.....I just don't know why SOME our local singaporean like to Q ....the time spend you can do many things within that day. Like dam free.. no need do house work? perhaps a lot now got helper , maid ? so rich ? etc ..

- JB side obviously also increase price, Business owners there is Target on Singaporeans NOT their own malaysian stay in jB.
(13-09-2023, 05:54 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]end of the day you better buy locally

- no need to stuck in traffic jam.....I just don't know why SOME our local singaporean like to Q ....the time spend you can do many things within that day. Like dam free.. no need do house work? perhaps a lot now got helper , maid ? so rich ? etc ..

- JB side obviously also increase price, Business owners there is Target on Singaporeans NOT their own malaysian stay in jB.

I went on week day there was no jam no queue.....
(13-09-2023, 05:54 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]end of the day you better buy locally

It is money well spent in jb. You will come back to sg with a smile. I am also going in this Fri..can't wait to whack the mutton biryani
correct time is Wednesday no q
Shops closed and start to open Thursday
Durian mooncake with free durian mochi.
Only $29++. You dont buy. Rotfl
Waste your time to go JB to buy the mooncake

[Image: IMG-0010.jpg]
[Image: 20221224-002812.jpg]

Most of the afternoons or early mornings there're less traffic
(13-09-2023, 06:18 PM)pinkpanther Wrote: [ -> ]It is money well spent in jb. You will come back to sg with a smile. I am also going in this Fri..can't wait to whack the mutton biryani

Where do you normally eat mutton biryani?
(13-09-2023, 06:26 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 20221224-002812.jpg]

Most of the afternoons or early mornings there're less traffic

You go in do what
(13-09-2023, 06:54 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]You go in do what

Nothing special, just went for a spin. Maybe ate restaurant foods, bought groceries, topped up fuel tank and so on
(13-09-2023, 07:06 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing special, just went for a spin. Maybe ate restaurant foods, bought groceries, topped up fuel tank and so on

Need VEP to go in?
(13-09-2023, 06:34 PM)cityhantam Wrote: [ -> ]Where do you normally eat mutton biryani?

Behind city square...below the bridge...indian makan place...
(13-09-2023, 05:25 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like up quite a bit from previous years...you think it is worth buying? I just assumed it is cheaper than in Singapore so I bought 4 boxes. I have no idea how much moon cakes are selling in sg...indont like them but my mom wants to guve relatives.

[Image: AXfxeLf.jpg]
[Image: MjGdsvg.jpg]
[Image: 2xnjmka.jpg]
[Image: mpreA66.jpg]

Good boy lah! Big Grin How old are you and your mom leh? Thinking
2 wks ago, my nephew went JB and bot mooncakes at City Sq. Is very popular shop, 4 mooncakes costs $24. Shd be very fresh becos it sold out fast.
(13-09-2023, 07:08 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Need VEP to go in?

By right yes
(13-09-2023, 08:21 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]By right yes

By left, no need!  Laughing
(13-09-2023, 08:21 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]By right yes

A lot of ppl told me they never check.
(13-09-2023, 07:49 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]2 wks ago, my nephew went JB and bot mooncakes at City Sq. Is very popular shop, 4 mooncakes costs $24. Shd be very fresh becos it sold out fast.

I was there 2 weeks ago and saw some aunties each carrying 2 big bags of mooncake. Should be much cheaper than Spore.
(13-09-2023, 08:43 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]I was there 2 weeks ago and saw some aunties each carrying 2 big bags of mooncake. Should be much cheaper than Spore.
It is definitely half the price of Singapore. Moreover, it is very fresh as it sold out fast and very popular shop. I hv yet to try it as my nephew gave me.
the shops here probably buy from these JB shops and just mark up double lor............
(13-09-2023, 08:46 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]It is definitely half the price of Singapore. Moreover, it is very fresh as it sold out fast and very popular shop. I hv yet to try it as my nephew gave me.

I know which shop. The queue at city square is super long. I went to Paradigm and the shop of the same chain has a much shorter queue.
(13-09-2023, 08:53 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]I know which shop. The queue at city square is super long. I went to Paradigm and the shop of the same chain has a much shorter queue.

Lavender? I tried mixed nut flavour. S'pore Shangri-la ones are so much tastier. Really is 一分钱一分货 
I bought 1 small box of Teochew mooncake from Pekin restaurant for a try. Hope the taste won't disappoint
(13-09-2023, 05:25 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like up quite a bit from previous years...you think it is worth buying? I just assumed it is cheaper than in Singapore so I bought 4 boxes. I have no idea how much moon cakes are selling in sg...indont like them but my mom wants to guve relatives.

My mother

Not my mom.  That word is for kiddo.  How old are you already?  Still in primary school?  Rolleyes
every year my broker give me mooncake also from this hotel and that hotel, but all also same sweet sweet..

or maybe i dont know how to enjoy these stuff..

i give some of them to my firend..
one time in Mudland, on the day of Moon cake festival..by 4pm .. buy 1 give 3 free LOL , by 5pm all close
friends and i 走到那里 吃到那里 eating non-stop in JB today. 
we had so much good food including peking duck, HK-styled steamed grouper, fried sotong, Hakka abacus, lei cha, yellow wine chicken, Kyochon fried chicken etc etc, and surprisingly we only spent S$29 pax  Music
买东西,吃东西
Eating restaurant food is the most worthy thing to do in jb. Next is petrol.
Is it still relevant in today’s context? The whole mid autumn festival has long lost its meaning. It’s who can afford the most expensive mooncake? Or who can sell the most expensive mooncakes.
50% cheaper there. cheap = buy more = eat more = bad for health !!!
Pages: 1 2