SG Talk

Full Version: If you travel, which credit card should you use...don't get ripped off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ithe issuance of Fintech licenses to virtual banks has resulted in these banks finding a niche for themselves.
 To make their cards attractive they have to look for big customer dissatisfaction  in today's banking systems to make themselves attractive. If they just do the same stuff as everyone else ...nobody will use their cards

One of the big problems with using our credit cards issued by traditional banks overseas is the horrid exchange rate, fees and commissions. Sometimes you see the exchange rate you can faint because they greedily charge 3%...if you don't know how they milked you over the years...hmm...its bad.

This resulted in new players making their way into the market by chipping away these fees.

I have a big t4 day trip coming up in 2months to KL so I.am.making preparations for it. My research shows they following.

I currently hold a TRUST card so it seems to meet all the criteria.

Anyone been able to compare across these cards or would like to share experience....I will definitely appreciate it
[Image: lPFbskX.jpg]
You going to gamble at Genting issit? Big Grin
(17-09-2023, 08:21 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ][Image: lPFbskX.jpg]

Trust card can withdraw from ATM? Which ATM? Trust Bank ATM?
(17-09-2023, 10:05 PM)Stoki Wrote: [ -> ]Trust card can withdraw from ATM? Which ATM? Trust Bank ATM?

With Trust card, you can withdraw at overseas ATMs that have a Visa logo. No fee from Trust, but there might be a fee from the overseas bank that operates the ATM. Superb offering on credit card and great card for traveling. I tried in Malaysia and got the best rates.
(17-09-2023, 10:21 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]With Trust card, you can withdraw at overseas ATMs that have a Visa logo. No fee from Trust, but there might be a fee from the overseas bank that operates the ATM. Superb offering on credit card and great card for traveling. I tried in Malaysia and got the best rates.

Go Msia I old kind exchange to MYR. Card is for emergency purpose. It help spouse family side is Msian so MYR is get from them at friendship rate 😆