SG Talk

Full Version: I made appointment to go for dental in JB tomorrow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's to do scaling and cleaning..
Everytime I go, I guess around 80% of the patients
from Singapore from the cars parked at parking lot or during registration can see them take passport out.

Scaling is around RM$100.
If got other issues like filling need I will also get it done.

Unfortunately during pandemic I could not go for treatment in JB and polyclinic has crazy queue of many months. I had no choice but to go private dental Qxx something for treatment. I feel the dentist rushed and did not do a good job then charge me sky high prices. 

My second time I had to go during pandemic because of my bad experience, my friend recommend me to go for dentist at Orchard Road. His skill and work was commendable but the price I paid "unbelievable".

The reason why JB dentist have to keep prices reason and maintain top quality is because the Malaysia govt clinics offer dental services with most treatment under RM$5. Hence the JB  private dentists have to depend on Singaporeans and very few rich Malaysians as patients.
[Image: 4YWn0OG.jpg]
https://says.com/my/lifestyle/how-to-boo...ysejahtera

What I don't understand is how we can have a govt that can afford to spend hundreds of millions on expensive military hardware like F35 
cannot afford to provide that same level of dental service to the people which a much poorer country like Malaysia can. My take is it is all about ideological choices.  They spend on what they think matters ...and less on what does not matter to them.

Top 10 JB dental clinics  for Singaporeans

https://sgmytrips.com/jb-dental-clinic/
Any clinics in nearby custom Century Mall ?
Also KSL shopping mall ?
(26-09-2023, 06:56 AM)ysh02 Wrote: [ -> ]Any clinics in nearby custom Century Mall ?

Check the list I posted.
(26-09-2023, 07:12 AM)FartSunKing Wrote: [ -> ]sgbuffett if he not a lazy scum

and willing to work in fast food joints like KFC

will have dental benefits

the reason this lazy scum

has to go JB for cheaper dental treatment

is because he is unwilling to get himself a job

useless scum

I don't think all the patients at the JB dentist are job less.

My last application for job I was offered under 2K, I decided not to take it up and look for other opportunities.

A low paying job is a liability because it takes up all your time and you cannot learn much.
(26-09-2023, 06:58 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Check the list I posted.

For simple dental works, you can also go to the sg polyclinics.  Those newbie govt dentists are there to start off their careers.
no wonder Singapore shops not doing also close
(26-09-2023, 06:47 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]What I don't understand is how we can have a govt that can afford to spend hundreds of millions on expensive military hardware like F35 
cannot afford to provide that same level of dental service to the people which a much poorer country like Malaysia can. My take is it is all about ideological choices.  They spend on what they think matters ...and less on what does not matter to them.
You dun have to understand. It all boils down to meritocracy.  You dun expect the govt to provide the same level of dental service with a non-memitocracy country. Rolleyes
For example, while you are out there scaling your teeth, your motor bike is being stolen by those useless jhks Laughing
(26-09-2023, 07:49 AM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]For example, while you are out there scaling your teeth, your motor bike is being stolen by those useless jhks Laughing

Oh Shit, I got a stomach cramp laughing.      Laughing
(26-09-2023, 07:52 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Oh Shit, I got a stomach cramp laughing.      Laughing

Rotfl
No. 1 solves the dental pain.

https://www.tiktok.com/@4urhealthh/video...%20dentist&t=1695687367295
Lim Dental in JB ...how to find the clinic where to register.

(26-09-2023, 07:52 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Oh Shit, I got a stomach cramp laughing.      Laughing
Oh goodness. Are you alright? I also want to laugh, but, try to control ourselves. Is kind of penny wise pounds foolish.
Ah butt shd consider retiring at jb where everything is much cheaper, not just dental svc.

An old 2bedder can exchange for a brand new fh 3bedder in cbd plus a protong saga with cheap petrol, medicals almost free.
Like I said the malaysia private dentist cannot charge too high as the govt dental services are affordable
[Image: VBz7wBd.jpg]
(26-09-2023, 10:20 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]Ah butt shd consider retiring at jb where everything is much cheaper, not just dental svc.

An old 2bedder can exchange for a brand new fh 3bedder in cbd plus a protong saga with cheap petrol, medicals almost free.

Other than going there once a awhile I prefer to stay where I grew up in and around people I know.

For someone.else such things don't matter there will be benefits to retire in JB.
Too arduous and taxing to go JB just for a dental appointment. The thought of going through customs etc is highly detestable.

And MR$100 for a scaling job is not really cheap....

I have all my dental treatments all in SG ,never done any in JB or elsewhere.
Just 1 call and cross the road to the dental clinic and job done.
(26-09-2023, 07:22 AM)FartSunKing Wrote: [ -> ]For students scaling is $9 for Singapore citizens

In Malaysia student scaling is RM3

sgbuffett is a fcuking LIAR

spreading falsehoods

he is anti establishment and anti PAP

because he think he got fcuked by PAP

when his appeal to get into a local university

was rejected due to his poor A levels results
Can appeal if rejected for University admission?
Really? I am not aware of this.
(26-09-2023, 10:48 AM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]Too arduous and  taxing to go JB just for a dental appointment. The thought of going through customs etc is highly detestable.

And MR$100 for a scaling job is not really cheap....

I have all my dental treatments all in SG ,never done any in JB or elsewhere.
Just 1 call and cross the road to the dental clinic and job done.

If you find it arduous and can afford treatment in Singapore ...you should not go
(26-09-2023, 10:59 AM)!sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]If you find it arduous and can afford treatment in Singapore ...you should not go
YOU ARE SAYING THE OBVIOUS  !
YOU DESERVE TO BE SCOLDED BY 5354 .
JB hv one of the hugest crime rates in Asia. Guns are so rampant there with police so corrupted. Even BKK is safer.
My dental is $60 for cleaning. Is the price ok ?
(26-09-2023, 10:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Other than going there once a awhile I prefer to stay where I grew up in and around people I know.

For someone.else such things don't matter there will be benefits to retire in JB.

But your hometown is Muar, not JB Thinking