SG Talk

Full Version: Ginger Costs A$45/Kg & Red Chillies $28/Kg at Woolworths Supermarket in Melbourne
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: F1-EC2-D79-0795-4401-B248-A73-B225-F1561.png]
Red chilies A$28 per kg

[Image: 3828-A924-B090-465-A-9-FC5-D75312-B49-DF1.webp]
These are locally produced. Now, the shipping cost has increased a lot. Some 20 times. The logistic company is thinking of having own plane. For us, maybe half of it.
Live in Australia just drink fresh milk and eat french fries can already. Other food all expensive.
Just plant your own chilli and ginger
(08-11-2021, 10:22 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]These are locally produced. Now, the shipping cost has increased a lot. Some 20 times. The logistic company is thinking of having own plane. For us, maybe half of it.

local produces should be cheaper as there’s no import tax snd shipping fees.
(08-11-2021, 10:23 PM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]Just plant your own chilli and ginger

yalor, no need to buy loh. Sad
(08-11-2021, 10:22 PM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]Live in Australia just drink fresh milk and eat french fries can already. Other food all expensive.

last time used to be very cheap, much cheaper than in Spore, property boom has pushed up prices in almost everything downunder. Opasnie-14
they hv plenty of land, just build a simple green house can grow many things. but too lazy
(08-11-2021, 10:31 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote: [ -> ]they hv plenty of land, just build a simple green house can grow many things. but too lazy

yes however 90% of the land is unliveable, deserts, mountains, swamps  and juggle. Furthermore, you can’t just choose a vacant land for farming and property development, must get town council approval for rezoning of the land, be it Green Zone for farming or Residential Zone or Commercial Zone.
(08-11-2021, 10:35 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]yes however 90% of the land is unliveable, deserts, mountains, swamps  and juggle. Furthermore, you can’t just choose a vacant land for farming and property development, must get town council approval for rezoning of the land, be it Green Zone for farming or Residential Zone or Commercial Zone.

i was referring to not commercial farming but home gardening. just bury some ginger and chilli seeds around they'll keep growing
(08-11-2021, 10:22 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]These are locally produced. Now, the shipping cost has increased a lot. Some 20 times. The logistic company is thinking of having own plane. For us, maybe half of it.

Yet, PM Scott Morrison earning A$550,000 a year can afford, if he needs ginger and chilli
Mercedes E200 costs A$104,000 in Melbourne
Ranking of World's richest adult wealth.

1. Australia
2.  Belgium
3. Hong Kong

20. Singapore

Obviously, Ozies can afford it
(08-11-2021, 10:28 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]local produces should be cheaper as there’s no import tax snd shipping fees.

What's Singapore minimum wage?
Most Oz Asian grow their own spice and herb.. If they need to buy Chilli and Ginger, Woolworths will be the last place to buy. Most Asian groceries in Ozland are selling Asian veggies , spice and herb at 20% the price of Woolworths. TS should stop misleading others
1 all you can eat plate of Chinese food sets you back easily by A$10 at the malls. There is a technique in piling your food sky high Big Grin
Ozies can afford it
No worries for prices to stays up high.

Yearly infltion adjusted 4%
That adjustment..applies
even pensioners get increment $22 a month increased for single
All pensioners get increment almost every year inflation adjustment.
This year, govt gives A$22 a month to each pensioner so ..that
Pensioners can buy one kg chilli or 1/2 kg ginger every.month.

Govt subsidies chilli and ginger px
Shell petrol UL91 costs A$1.60
Ie 70 litres A$110

While In Singapore it's S$2.60
It's S$ 180

S$70 extra, can buy 2 kg ginger or 3 kg chilli
(08-11-2021, 10:35 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]yes however 90% of the land is unliveable, deserts, mountains, swamps  and juggle. Furthermore, you can’t just choose a vacant land for farming and property development, must get town council approval for rezoning of the land, be it Green Zone for farming or Residential Zone or Commercial Zone.

I want to migrate there and live with native Aborigines.
(09-11-2021, 07:32 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Shell petrol UL91 costs A$1.60
Ie 70 litres A$110

While In Singapore it's S$2.60
It's S$ 180

S$70 extra, can buy 2 kg ginger or 3 kg chilli

Cars there are less than half the price compare to Singapore. Outskirt landed properties are dirt cheap.
(09-11-2021, 08:15 AM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]Cars there are less than half the price compare to Singapore. Outskirt landed properties are dirt cheap.

TS never complained about high COE and ERP

Only about nitty gritty stuff
(09-11-2021, 08:52 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]TS never complained about high COE and ERP

Only about nitty gritty stuff

If he help me migrate there, I help him grow chilli and ginger to supply him free .
https://youtu.be/LKpU4mpiH08

Yes. I am in a Bushland in Australia now.
(09-11-2021, 08:14 AM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]I want to migrate there and live with native Aborigines.

Most of them are bad tempered and drunkards.   Are you sure??
5 Years ago I bought the Audi Q5 for only A$72K in Melbourne.
(09-11-2021, 09:01 AM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Most of them are bad tempered and drunkards.   Are you sure??

I play abo music with them.