SG Talk

Full Version: The cost of caring for the substantial aging population
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been giving my parents a monthly allowance since I've started working decades ago. My dad passed away 12 years ago but I'm still giving my mum an allowance every month even though I've retired from the workforce.
Red dot is ageing very fast...forcasted 1 million lao kok kok above 65 within the next 15 yrs....n majority with geriatric issues.

Who is going to support them financially physically mentally..., easily >90% alone ? ICBC
The burden will only increase as our population age and fertility rate falls.

CPF is an inadequate scheme

Extending retirement age again and again ignores reality...the only jobs for the elderly is cleaning tables and menial jobs. One just needs to open eyes to see what jobs our elderly are doing

The elites ultimately will care only for themselves as priority ...rest will get the trickle down...
(09-11-2021, 09:01 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]The burden will only increase as our population age and fertility rate falls.

CPF is an inadequate scheme

Extending retirement age again and again ignores reality...the only jobs for the elderly is cleaning tables and menial jobs. One just needs to open eyes to see what jobs our elderly are doing

The elites ultimately will care only for themselves as priority ...rest will get the trickle down...

It is pitiful and sad to see those old uncles and aunties collecting used plates and bowls and cleaning the tables in hawker centres... crying