SG Talk

Full Version: Antidepressant drug call lexapro?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can share yr experience, I have been on this drug for some 10 yrs liao, nothing wrong with me except a bit dementia, but as i am 71 sure a bit dementia , and also peepee no feeling, as again, my age so old both me and my wife still want to piak piak for what???

but i hear say if one on this type of drug their life is shorten, but again, i rather live a stress and anxiety free life than dies of them faster...

sure some of u here take this lexapro,, it is the safest in the mkt, my consultant tell me ,, no to worry,. but i am not worry at all.,

it save my life,

what is yr experience,, taking this make u happy go lucky, even if the mkt drop 3000 pts.. I dont feel anxious at all..this is what i discover.
last time a bit commotion i start to shiver and panic,,

and sometimes i am anxious and panic for no reason at all,,, maybe cause by my long year of working under extreme stressful conditon..
Smile just smoke and drink already can rah.
If market drop 1000 pts you should feel anxious...it's not good not to feel anything
(03-11-2023, 08:33 PM)Alleggsinonebasket Wrote: [ -> ]Lexapro is just another name for prozac

no.. lexapro is the brand name, it is  Escitalopram, 

prozac is also a brand name, it is actually  Fluoxetine

but both are SSRI, lexapro according to study have less withdraw side effect. 

Because Prozac’s half-life is longer than Lexapro’s, it takes longer to go through your body. Seniors tend to process drugs more slowly. A drug that goes through the body more quickly, such as Lexapro, may cause fewer side effects. This means that Lexapro may be a better choice for older adults.

both increase serotonin level in yr brain to make u feel good feeling. But talk to yr psychiatrist, to find which is better for u.
dont straight go to drug,, try other method first, till u have no alternative.
like meditation, or yoga or google.. see .

for me i am too old and my body is beyond me, dying soon,, so i dont mind even if that drug shorten my life
a little, it help me.

it is certainly no fun to be in a anxious and panic mode,, u wake up in the middle of the night sweating heavily,, , u feel suicidial at time, u feel like
very very stress fro no reason..

u shd go psychiatrist to check up, go NUH or IMH. Mine is with NUH. hope that help.