SG Talk

Full Version: ‘Strict disciplinary action’ taken against SBS Transit bus driver after woman fell...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SBS Transit has taken “strict disciplinary action” against one of its bus drivers after a video published on social media shows a woman falling backwards when the doors of the vehicle closed on her.

The incident happened at Hougang Bus Interchange.

https://www.bannedsite.com/forum/chillin...er-to-fall
Seniors alighting from bus tend to hold the yellow bar or something to support... the yellow bar is not meant for holding 
Bus drivers must b patience towards seniors whenever they r boarding or alighting bus... 
Fare increases must justify the overall safe journey of all commuters inclusive
(13-11-2021, 12:27 AM)Galilo_l Wrote: [ -> ]Seniors alighting from bus tend to hold the yellow bar or something to support... the yellow bar is not meant for holding 
Bus drivers must b patience towards seniors whenever they r boarding or alighting bus... 

As we grow older our legs become weaker whether due to osteoporosis, arthritis or neuro- degenerative disorders etc. Many seniors need to grab on to something to alight. Worse still, the back door of the bus is usually parked further away from the platform than its front door , making it a precarious feat for the elderly to alight the bus. Think our public buses should do a rethink and get passengers to board the bus from their back door whereby the elderly can grab hold of a pole/bar, and alight from the front door which is usually driven nearer to the kerb.
what action?
should be fired
no blardy excuse
Nowadays, I notice there are more and more accidents involving public buses. Buses beating red traffic light is a common sight!
Need a CCTV for check or sensor also possibile.
(13-11-2021, 12:27 AM)Galilo_l Wrote: [ -> ]Seniors alighting from bus tend to hold the yellow bar or something to support... the yellow bar is not meant for holding 

If seniors need to grab something, then the bus need to add a grab bar for them.

Maybe alighting at the front door with the divider poles is safer for them.
(13-11-2021, 01:48 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]If seniors need to grab something, then the bus need to add a grab bar for them.

Maybe alighting at the front door with the divider poles is safer for them.

Now see dat new incoming three door buses lagi no divider... 🤦‍♂️

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/1...nd-january
I watched the video very carefully.

I think it is not fault of the driver.

The old lady went down side ways and hang at door with her hands while most of her body's out...she stayed in that position for a while.

The driver sees what is going on through a reflection from a mirror that reflects what is going on behind the door ...he may not have seen the woman is holding in that position.

[Image: 1LlnY0d.jpg]

Also the bus stop has a real design problem it has a gap and elevated platform...causing the woman to fall into the gap
Bus driver deliberate wan la, many times, I have even scan my card when boarding, the bus driver already close the door liao
(14-11-2021, 12:39 AM)maddog Wrote: [ -> ]Bus driver deliberate wan la, many times, I have even scan my card when boarding, the bus driver already close the door liao
i believed this too.  It happened to me before.  I flagged the bus too late and he wasn't happy when I keep staring at him.  Before I stepped out of the bus, he purposely closed the door clipping my shoulder. I remembered it was an young indian driver.
(14-11-2021, 01:54 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]i believed this too.  It happened to me before.  I flagged the bus too late and he wasn't happy when I keep staring at him.  Before I stepped out of the bus, he purposely closed the door clipping my shoulder. I remembered it was an young indian driver.

Bus captain should be more accommodating, cos the passenger is the customer, and they deserve a safer journey...... Huh
(14-11-2021, 02:00 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Bus captain should be more accommodating, cos the passenger is the customer, and they deserve a safer journey...... Huh
Lucky thing the center panel is made of rubber. So, it wasn’t painful.