SG Talk

Full Version: Prospective PM Lawrence Wong : S'pore Dream not just about 5Cs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I guess for most people to have the complete 5Cs is no longer realistic. Credit card is probably the only thing attainable given they are ubiquitous, you get easily get a Sheng Siong credit card with a few Ks limit and check that one off.

The other 4 Cs cars, club and condo is out of reach for majority.  Cash is rather vague maybe its referring to min 1M cash otherwise it is not substantial to consider.

With a new PM coming there needs to be a new Sjngapore Dream. Lawrence Wkng said "purposeful life" as a goal. Not sure what that means but is he saying we have lived without purpose for lost of our lives? We need LW leadership to guide us towards purpose in our lives.

So after many decades of focus on economic development, the Singapore leadership realise we need more purpose in our lives.

Might I suggest a repurposed old dream something that we had but when the PAP hothouse our society to achieve the PAP economic dream. I call this new dream FFCS....Friends, Family, Care and Share dream. 

It is a dream and a repurpose one because many have lost various aspects of it - too busy for friends and family. To materialistic and self centered to care and share. It's almost like bring back humanity back to our society. I eemember we used to have it but our constant struggle to chase material wealth ....made us lose much of it. I believe it js due in part to the PAP policies that hot house our society for economic achievement.
I have already dropped out of the rat race and have achieved the 5 Cs. Don’t need him nor anyone to tell me what to do till the end of my life.
Can the minister share their Ridout houses with us? Then I believe in the "share" part of the dream.
Then lower the cost of everything in Singapore by 500%, lor.

Why lie to himself and to us?
(08-11-2023, 07:58 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Can the minister share their Ridout houses with us? Then I believe in the "share" part of the dream.

Lawrence Wong, please don't tell S'poreans what our dreams should be.  Tell us first if you and your millionaire Ministers are willing to give up on the 5Cs, and then we can have a mature discussion.
(15-01-2024, 12:26 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]Lawrence Wong, please don't tell S'poreans what our dreams should be.  Tell us first if you and your millionaire Ministers are willing to give up on the 5Cs, and then we can have a mature discussion.

Dont laugh!
5Cs only left 1C lah. Rotfl

From 1st World back to 3rd World.
Their bad policy heads us to Holan.
I am beginning to dislike this puppet with his Biasness. If irrelevant FTs can have the Old 5Cs, then locals can have it, too.
(15-01-2024, 12:38 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote: [ -> ]I am beginning to dislike this puppet with his Biasness. If irrelevant FTs can have the Old 5Cs, then  locals can have it, too.

Something is rotten in the state of S'pore when foreigners are working in PME jobs while S'porean white collar workers end up retrenched and driving PHVs and taxis in our own country.
To a group of elitist leaders, attaining 5Cs is not the key because they already have it all. That's why all the talk about purpose etc etc.

You can share their burden of country not having enough reserves by surrendering more cash into CPF or pay more gst etc. But never ask them to share your burden such as cost of living lest you wanna get brand as daft, lazy and ungrateful. Oh by the way, his boss kept insisting everyone should place more into CPF but you should never rely on CPF for retirement... Lol
(15-01-2024, 12:35 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Dont laugh! 5Cs only left 1C lah. From 1st World back to 3rd World. Their bad policy heads us to Holan.

Our leaders welcome CECA with open legs

[Image: Mask.jpg]
(15-01-2024, 12:43 PM)Sticw Wrote: [ -> ]To a group of elitist leaders, attaining 5Cs is not the key because they already have it all. That's why all the talk about purpose etc You can share their burden of country not having enough reserves by surrendering more cash into CPF or pay more gst etc. But never ask them to share your burden such as cost of living lest you wanna get brand as daft, lazy and ungrateful. Oh by the way, his boss kept insisting everyone should place more into CPF but you should never rely on CPF for retirement.

Money politics means that mercenaries are now in Parliament attracted to "serve" by the millions of dollars on offer.
super rich now aiming for another country citizenship
(15-01-2024, 05:40 PM)Jinwului Wrote: [ -> ]super rich now aiming for another country citizenship

Only 20% of Sinkies enjoy the Swiss standard of living.
The other 80% of Sinkies enjoy the Swiss cost of living.
Pap's 5 C's.

Cronyism
Collusion
Conspiracy
Cost escalation
Court manipulation
(15-01-2024, 06:07 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]Only 20% of Sinkies enjoy the Swiss standard of living.
The other 80% of Sinkies enjoy the Swiss cost of living.

Elitism will only cause more hardship to Sinkies.
(15-01-2024, 09:52 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Elitism will only cause more hardship to Sinkies.

Each time the COE premiums rise with the rich rushing in to book a new car, the cost of doing business rises, affecting EVERYBODY - not just car buyers. 
(15-01-2024, 12:43 PM)Sticw Wrote: [ -> ]To a group of elitist leaders, attaining 5Cs is not the key because they already have it all. That's why all the talk about purpose etc.

The reason Lawrence Wong can talk about the S'pore Dream outside of the 5Cs is because he and his fellow Ministers have already achieved them with their million dollar pay packages.  For the High SES Sinkies who own private housing and luxurious cars, they can start talking about other pursuits, but our Ministers shouldn't tell citizens who are struggling to make ends meet, that the 5Cs aren't important or necessary.