SG Talk

Full Version: didn't know eng's wantan noodles so cui wan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried once at the tanjong katong outlet. Nothing special. Service is lousy.
Another example of son can’t do what the father did.
(13-11-2023, 07:17 AM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]I tried once at the tanjong katong outlet. Nothing special. Service is lousy.

For the price, I think we are not paying for service.  So we should not expect much or any of that to be delivered.  It's just pay, get your food when your number is called, eat, and out you go.

Maybe up till 40 years ago, we might still have "service" when a hawker assistant would bring our food to us, so we just sit and wait after ordering. Now it's self service.

In terms of taste, it used to be good when I ate at their Tanjung Katong outlet.  But it was not that good that I would go to Tanjung Katong again and again for it.  Their chilli was super hot.  Really hot, but hot chilli is not my taste.  I am a Han, not Ceca, and I don't eat chilli for its "hotness" but for its flavour.

I would say the same for Koung's and Kok Kee.

Maybe I have aged...old liao.
Really fk up and cannot make it.
Tried once at the Hougang Central outlet and regretted deeply. First and last time.

Freaking expensive and nothing to crow about the taste.
Hope they close down and make way for other more deserving enterprises.
local hawkers cannot make it.

once they expand using outlets, the quality will drop by 50%.

it is better for them to have one stall in hawker centre.
(13-11-2023, 08:55 AM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]FÜCK sgtalk.net/User-Oyk
wtf is this shit????