SG Talk

Full Version: whatsapp scam asking for money
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i was just messaging with a friend. then a few mins later, she asked me do her a favour and ask for money, and give me paynow # that is different. so i know its a scam. but how did the scammer get into the whatsapp msg system?

[Image: EXHKWnE.jpg]
[Image: TJnvsad.jpg]
You go click desktop WhatsApp link is it
(15-11-2023, 09:54 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]You go click desktop WhatsApp link is it

didnt click anything
didnt download aything
7.49pm, was the last msg from friend.

then got msg at 9.28pm from the scammer but from friends account
it seems my friend's account compromised?
(15-11-2023, 10:11 PM)wendychan Wrote: [ -> ]it seems my friend's account compromised?

Means your friend WhatsApp account been “ hack “

Not you since u never click
(15-11-2023, 10:11 PM)wendychan Wrote: [ -> ]it seems my friend's account compromised?

report to the police on the paynow number.

collaborate with the police to catch the scammer by pretending to send the money.
the police will catch the scammer redhanded.

you will be in the news for good citizen award !

this is called "scam the scammer"
(15-11-2023, 10:31 PM)forum456 Wrote: [ -> ]report to the police on the paynow number.

collaborate with the police to catch the scammer by pretending to send the money.
the police will catch the scammer redhanded.

you will be in the news for good citizen award !

this is called "scam the scammer"

for example, if you texts and the scammer reply long enough, police can trace the scammer location with help from Facebook.
Scammers are not scary because you can tell that they are doing things illegally.

the most scary thing is those people who take money from you legally like 9% GST.
ok so it seems once whatsapp account hacked scammer and the actual person can msg others CONCURRENTLY.
thats the scary part...

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ch-3877361

"As victims can still access their WhatsApp accounts while scammers are concurrently using them, the victims will only discover their accounts have been compromised when they are notified by their contacts of "unusual requests", said the police."
(15-11-2023, 10:53 PM)forum456 Wrote: [ -> ]Scammers are not scary because you can tell that they are doing things illegally.

the most scary thing is those people who take money from you legally like 9% GST.

Laughter-13 jin funny
Catherine architects…..

no lah.............your friend cheating you lah.............maybe he or she fed up with Fook Me Hard ? Big Grin
Sensible replies pls
Maybe same person.
Yr friend is a scammer