SG Talk

Full Version: I’m 63 years old and so lonely. Does it matter to anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am 41yo and singles and alone

cannot find someone to shares each other happiness with so that happiness can x2 and if got anyone sad can shares each other saddness so that saddness divide 2
Frown
go on tinder or coffee meets bagel app lor
(16-11-2023, 10:56 PM)zzzzzzz Wrote: [ -> ]i am 41yo and singles and alone

cannot find someone to shares each other happiness with so that happiness can x2 and if got anyone sad can shares each other saddness so that saddness divide 2
Frown

You can be happy being single too. Dun look at couples and think that they're always happy. It's not always the case.
(17-11-2023, 12:09 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]You can be happy being single too. Dun look at couples and think that they're always happy. It's not always the case.

Very true, well said.

Frown

It is not Ok being Single and alone.
This is against Law of Nature.
人是群居动物,一旦离开群居,你就会被变成独狼。

Better go and find a partner.
人要幸福,人际关系要搞好。

华人最重善,只讲善话。
千万别讲真话,不要做个明辨是非的人。
你的人际关系会很糟糕!

If not next time you really need to use E button.
hope TS don't die without other notice.
Some people view loners in a negative context.

However, some studies show that being a loner can lead to happiness for the individual and could actually be good for your health.

Some people in this study experienced greater life satisfaction with less frequent interaction with their friends.

www,webmd,com
(Signs of a Loner - WebMD)

Frown

Not heypiness divide by 2 and sadness x 2 meh?  Sad
As a couple, there are many things to learn from each other.
Happiness is something only you can give yourself, not from others.
So same as sadness or loneliness.
For life to be colourful, there must be different flavours.
Sour, sweet, bitter, spicy.
Then it's yummy.
(17-11-2023, 08:06 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote: [ -> ]Some people view loners in a negative context.

However, some studies show that being a loner can lead to happiness for the individual and could actually be good for your health.

Some people in this study experienced greater life satisfaction with less frequent interaction with their friends.

www,webmd,com
(Signs of a Loner - WebMD)

Introverts and extroverts both eat the same rice.

Just be yourself.

If you are an introvert, do not force yourself to join a party and pretend to laugh and drink till you become stone silly.  Similarly, if you are an extrovert, do not try being a hikikomori because you will shorten your life span.
(17-11-2023, 06:16 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]It is not Ok being Single and alone.
This is against Law of Nature.
人是群居动物,一旦离开群居,你就会被变成独狼。

Better go and find a partner.
人要幸福,人际关系要搞好。

华人最重善,只讲善话。
千万别讲真话,不要做个明辨是非的人。
你的人际关系会很糟糕!

If not next time you really need to use E button.

Advising someone to find a partner is good.  If you can go further to suggest how he can do that successfully, that's even better.  Of course, "successfully" should not be telling him to go and buy a vietbu for a wife, or to marry the maid.

That being said, your Chinese portion isn't a translation of the English sentence though non-Chinese readers might think so. Your fooking  人际关系要搞好 is saying that Zzzz has poor interpersonal relationships, and it is his fault that he is single and alone. Rolleyes
(17-11-2023, 08:48 AM)Migrant Wrote: [ -> ]As a couple, there are many things to learn from each other.
Happiness is something only you can give yourself, not from others.
So same as sadness or loneliness.
For life to be colourful, there must be different flavours.
Sour, sweet, bitter, spicy.
Then it's yummy.
I have been happily married for over 20 years and have 3 children.  I can't imagine being single and lonely, but 2 of my adult children have already flown the nest, so the "empty nest" feeling of lost has affected me.  We may be content with being single or even feel lonely with a family around. Life is not a bed or roses; we just have to make the most of our circumstances.    
such a waste
u can have new partners every week
or visit jungle bar hear music dancing etc
once partner becomes sticky quicky chao. to the next one.
singlion cannot do anymore. 73.
don't wait becos the hour will come to leave.
It can be beri painful or a slow death.
imagine covid19 is fake and only u know breathing with aids
cannot scream cannot tok cannot move.
(17-11-2023, 12:24 AM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]Very true, well said.
Years 40 old; 60 or 70 is still young lehh...  Rotfl
B positive. Ok
[Image: tenor.gif]
Alone is better. Friend can give u heartache too. Go find a hobby. Cycling or go workout. U make yrself lonely.  Go do something u like to keep yrself occupy.
(16-11-2023, 10:51 PM)pinkypanther Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.quora.com/I-m-63-years-old-a...-to-anyone

Who cares leh? Thinking